when will RS and Strawn decide

Every one was expecting a quick announcement that the game would be in Hico, but JB probably thinks Strawn would have a Home field advantage there because how often they have played there recently. Maybe they can agree to play there on Thursday since those other teams picked up the Friday 7 pm time slot. Its not like many of the fields in the area will have games being played this week, most schools are playing basketball now.

Geographically, I would guess either Dublin or Comanche since Stephenville is probably more in Strawn's "backyard" while Brownwood is probably more in Richland 's "backyard." Richland played a lot of the 04-05 playoff games in Comanche but hasn't as much since. Is Dublin's stadium big enough? We are in the right ball park as Strawn and Richland played in Early in 2009.

They will probably play in Comanche or something like flip San Saba against Cisco. Abilene is a lot farther for both of them but would be an epic venue.

Play at Blackwell on Saturday. 2hr drive for both (very reasonable), 6man turf field, best concession stand. No field advantage for either school as they haven't played there I believe ever. Blackwell folks are friendly and accommodating. Sure they wouldn't mind hosting either

Robert Lee is a good site for a big game as well

(dont give me the it's out of the way speech either)

TebowTime15":5rhb2blo said:
They will probably play in Comanche or something like flip San Saba against Cisco. Abilene is a lot farther for both of them but would be an epic venue.
Don’t think San Saba is an option

coyotefan":ekijirzz said:
Flipping for Home or Home at the coffee Cup Cafe in Hico at 11 am tomorrow.

Friday night I guess?

How did you get this news in Borden County? I thought Hico a bit small for a QF but the Semi?

smokeyjoe53":1levmhr0 said:
TebowTime15":1levmhr0 said:
Don’t think San Saba is an option

Nor would be Mineral Wells. Especially after they snubbed Strawn - Gordon on Turkey Day.

I heard Darrell K. Royal Memorial stadium but someone else told me it was going to be at the Algerita Professional Multi Sports Complex.

Murdoch":27ohz8cg said:
I heard Darrell K. Royal Memorial stadium but someone else told me it was going to be at the Algerita Professional Multi Sports Complex.

Algerita? Ain't that in one of them middle east foreign countries?

I heard that they playing games down in RS as usual. Whenever JB thinks he's got problems he starts the mind games. I am guessing that the Strawn folks are used to this bs.

Murdoch":21v4znf4 said:
I wondered how long it would take before the JB derangement syndrome people would start up again.

I don't know anything about JB being deranged. He's gotta be a damn good Coach with all those rings. But for me a State Semi should deserve an appropriate venue. The next level is Jerry world after all. One that would encourage attendance with ample, and handicap seating.

Hico would limit the vociferous ability of the Hound's fan base to overcome the RS horn, and discourage it due to crowding thus conferring a advantage to the yotes.

RS Horn? Dang, I thought they all had one of those annoying things by now. Does Strawn not have one?

JB is not just a damn good coach, he's a great one. The problem is he's started to let it go to his head these last few years. Reminds me of a girlfriend many years ago who thunk her poop didn't stink.

Brownwood, Early, Comanche, Deleon , each one of those towns sound good. Ready to see it but what has happened in the past is waiting on JB to get his way where to play. If RS and JB is that good he can win anywhere so let’s go.

Well since we are sorta just throwing things/places out there, I am all for Breckenridge since I am on call and can't get out of town this weekend!! Yea not very geographical, but sure works for me at least......

Back