what is up with the rankings??

stopcartoon041509.jpg

I assume that you are an oakwood fan ...as I am.....It's because oakwood is east of I45 and east Texas gets no respect....apparently no one east of I35 can play .....actually it's cause of the teams that have beaten those teams are really really good...we still get no respect

true i can see that our district and the others around us dont get any recognition.. oakwood is one of the few undefeated teams in the state and is steadily dropping in rankings.. and just the same with the team that jumped up and is sittin in 20th right now undefeated.. i just dont get how they say a team that has won only 2 or 3 games are sittin in the top 13 spot.. theres no way a team that has only won 2 games is a better ball club than alot of these teams that have only lost 1 or 2 games or even the undefeated teams

"They" are computers. Does it really matter where you're ranked now? All you have to do is win every game from here on out and I guarantee you will be ranked #1. Guaranteed.

If you don't the Granger's rankings dont look at some of the others on the board they will only get your bood pressure up higher, there is one that still has them behind Milford

They will move up as they advance in the playoff's

First things first ...beat Coolidge this week

smokeyjoe53":evd4mrx7 said:
"They" are computers. Does it really matter where you're ranked now? All you have to do is win every game from here on out and I guarantee you will be ranked #1. Guaranteed.

that's pretty much the rule - but to answer your question on another board and to give oakwoodalumni56 some insight;

Why Oakwood isn't ranked any higher?

The real reason is the teams they have played against. My system looks at the difference between the relative powers of the two teams and then awards or takes away points based on performance. A team can win and lose points, granted they wont lose many but 2-5+ is possible.With the exception of 1, maybe 2 teams, Oakwood has not been challenged and they haven't performed as well as the system expected.

wk0 Oakwood 79.66 - Watauga Harvest 37.68
wk1 Oakwood 78.41 - Fruitvale 31.46
wk2 Oakwood 80.71 - Milford 98.29
wk4 Oakwood 88.55 - Rockwall Heritage 53.28 <-- 10% increase after beating Milford
wk5 Oakwood 83.15 - Trinidad 56.84
wk6 Oakwood 81.9 - Apple Springs 27.38
wk7 Oakwood 81.4 - Chester -2.04

Avg power Oakwood - 82 - - Opponents - 44

Results of the games
Oakwood 38 Watauga Harvest 16
Oakwood 88 Fruitvale 41
Oakwood 65 Milford 56
Oakwood 35 Rockwall Heritage 30
Oakwood 80 Trinidad 73
Oakwood 46 Apple Springs 0
Oakwood 80 Chester 33

clear as mud now right?

CowboyP":1k8vguaq said:
It still doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it again?

Ok, CowboyP listen up this here is your special explanation

Send cash and Aquilla moves up. Send extra in case you want someone else to move up. Send a lot if you want them moved down.

got it?

fajitapete":1rrzeak8 said:
CowboyP":1rrzeak8 said:
It still doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain it again?

Ok, CowboyP listen up this here is your special explanation

Send cash and Aquilla moves up. Send extra in case you want someone else to move up. Send a lot if you want them moved down.

got it?
The last time I sent money you didn't move Aquilla up. I am glad you finally came to your senses and ranked them closer to where they should be.
BTW, you can ride your Harley again. I put the brakes back on it.

Oakwood is currently ranked #35
def #64 Watauga Harvest 38-16
def #129 Fruitvale 88-41
def #28 Milford 65-56
def #65 Rockwall Heritage 35-30
def #63 Trinidad 80-73
def #175 Apple Springs 46-0
def #197 Chester 80-33
Best win is over #28
Worst loss is from #0
average opponent rating is 202.45

What is keeping them down are their close struggle over a few teams they should've beaten worse.....

Back