Week 10 Games That Matter - Picks

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
All the following games have playoff ramifications, what are your picks?

Lingleville @ Gordon - Gordon
Blanket @ Mullin - Mullin
Aquilla @ Abbott - Abbott
Groom @ Motley Co - Groom
Loop @ Dawson - Dawson
May @ Lometa - May
Milford @ Calvert - Milford
Oakwood @ Apple Springs - Oakwood
Rankin @ Garden City - Garden city
Whiteface @ Anton - Anton
Spur @ Paducah - Paducah

Any others that matter that might be a game?

I know it's private schools, but in TAPPS D2, district 4, Friday night it will be Seguin Lifegate Christian (4-0, 5-4 overall) trying to defend its district title against San Antonio Castle Hills First Baptist (4-0, 9-0 overall), in San Antonio.

Got some more TAPPS division races on the line in week 10:

11/8: Div 1/Dist 1 - Midland Trinity (3-0 Dist, 5-3) at Abilene Christian (3-0 Dist, 7-2)

11/9: Div 1/Dist 2 - Rockwall Heritage Christian (3-1 Dist, 5-4) at Dallas Covenant (4-0 Dist, 8-1)

11/8: Div 1/Dist 3 - Austin Veritas (4-0 Dist, 7-2) at Round Rock Christian (3-1 Dist, 6-3)
Austin Hill Country is also 3-1 Dist/7-2 with a loss to Veritas and win over Round Rock

11/8: Div 1/Dist 4 - Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills Catholic (2-1 Dist, 4-5) at Boerne Geneva (3-0 Dist, 9-0)
Bulverde Bracken is also 2-1 in Dist/7-2 with a loss to Geneva and win over OLK

11/8: Div 2/Dist 1 - Lubbock Kingdom Prep (2-0 Dist, 5-4) at Lubbock Christ the King Catholic (2-0 Dist, 5-3)

11/8: Div 2/Dist 3 - Heath Fulton (7-2 overall) at Longview Trinity (4-5 overall)
Due to two teams dropping from this district, this is a one-game only for the district title. Both teams are playoff eligible.

Apple Springs vs. Oakwood should be a high scoring game with their offensive weapons. Whichever teams gets some key stops will win. I like Apple Springs at home winning the district title.

Motley County vs. Groom probably has my attention more than any of the other games in week 10.

Hard to call this one. Groom is much better than I expected this season, but MC has won their district three or four years in a row.

I'm going to pick MC in a shootout. Could be close to 200 points scored in this game.

I will say Happy vs McLean should be a game for the District Championship.
These type of games can go either way since both teams are playing for the same
Trophy. McLean is riding a 4 game winning streak, and back to back to back upsets.
Happy looks dang good, and are coached well
McLean has a potent run offense 473 total rushing yards against
a good Miami team. I will go with the under dog again

Mayberry 36":jgqtynli said:
I will say Happy vs McLean should be a game for the District Championship.
These type of games can go either way since both teams are playing for the same
Trophy. McLean is riding a 4 game winning streak, and back to back to back upsets.
Happy looks dang good, and are coached well
McLean has a potent run offense 473 total rushing yards against
a good Miami team. I will go with the under dog again

I didnt include this game in the list because I honestly don't see this going any way except Happy 45ing McLean

Groom @ MC will be the game of the week in 6man...It is for the district crown...both teams have some weaknesses and are well coached...both have played well recently...it'll be a dandy...hoping Groom squeaks it out but home field and tradition favor the Matadors...

Happy @ McLean.....Both are 4-0 in district...that's where the similarity ends....while McLean has played above expectations and their new coach has made them more fundamentally sound(evidenced by win over Miami), they are no match for Happy, who has a far superior defense than any other in this district. I see smiling faces in the Cowboys as they grab the Tigers by the tail...45 in third quarter...

Lingleville @ Gordon - Gordon
Blanket @ Mullin - Mullin
Aquilla @ Abbott - Aquilla
Groom @ Motley Co - Groom
Loop @ Dawson - Dawson
May @ Lometa - May
Milford @ Calvert - Calvert
Oakwood @ Apple Springs - Oakwood
Rankin @ Garden City - Garden city
Whiteface @ Anton - Whiteface
Spur @ Paducah - Paducah

Don't know if it changes any minds but Rankin vs. Garden City is in Rankin this year. Red Devils are tough anywhere but they're downright gnarly at home.

WV Backer":1xl96b6t said:
Don't know if it changes any minds but Rankin vs. Garden City is in Rankin this year. Red Devils are tough anywhere but they're downright gnarly at home.

Do you believe Garden City will win this one Backer and who would you rather WV play in the first round? I know WV needs to beat Sterling City first but just curious what you think on the GC/Rankin district championship matchup?

WV Backer":2axka6dw said:

Can someone in the know confirm this?
This site shows at Rankin.
Lone Star shows they were in Rankin last year and at GC this year.

I need to know, makes a difference in which game I go to.

Back