Week 1 Predictions

david9h

11-man fan
Here are my predictions for TAPPS Div. 3 in week 1:

Huntsville Alpha Omega over Alvin Living Stones by 45 (or maybe they win 1-0, hearing some rumblings about ALS)
Athens Christian Prep by 14 over Fruitvale
Wichita Falls Christian over Benjamin by 2 (Upset Special!)
San Marcos Hill Country over Brownwood Victory Life by 45
Granbury NCTA over Kopperl by 28
Longview Trinity over Leveretts Chapel by 4
Fredericksburg Heritage over Pflugerville Concordia by 45
Prairie Lea over Selma River City Believers by 45
Azle Christian over Richardson Canyon Creek by 45
Conroe Covenant over Living Rock by 45
Seguin Lifegate over Waco Methodist Childrens Home by 28
WF Notre Dame over Paducah JV by 45

And there you have it!

Is Prairie Lea that good? Could be a no-defense, scorefest with Believers.

Trinity and Leverett's Chapel could be interesting.

Does anyone know anything about Living Rock? Former Brenham coach?

Pup,

I think you may be right on the Longview Trinity/ Leveretts Chapel game being interesting.

We're playing at their place. We 've played them every year for our entire 6 man history and except for last year, gotten either 45'd or physically whipped. They're coming off a 2 point loss to us last year on the next to last play of the game. They'll be looking for revenge. And they will be playing with a lot of emotion. Their coach, in his first year as a head coach, has been dealing with some major medical issues. He will probably not be in attendance and they are dedicating their season to him. He is a great guy, a great coach and a good friend. It is a very sad situation.

I think if Trinity is in good enough shape, they will come away with the W. I think it will go four quarters and if this Leveretts Chapel team is like the others, they will be very physical. I think Trinity is up to the challenge but it will be a good contest.

Prediction results through Friday's games:

Huntsville Alpha Omega over Alvin Living Stones by 45 (or maybe they win 1-0, hearing some rumblings about ALS)
Actual: Playing Saturday

Athens Christian Prep by 14 over Fruitvale
Actual: Playing Saturday

Wichita Falls Christian over Benjamin by 2 (Upset Special!)
Actual: WCS 50 - Benjamin 0 *Note - revised prediction to WCS by 45. WCS off to a good start

San Marcos Hill Country over Brownwood Victory Life by 45
Actual: SMHC 68 - BVL 12. San Marcos looks to be the real deal and another year of a strong district in the south

Granbury NCTA over Kopperl by 28
Actual: NCTA 66 - Kopperl 36. NCTA looks good in opener and my prediction skills look Kreskin-esque so far

Longview Trinity over Leveretts Chapel by 4
Actual: Trinity 21 - LC 12. The game was not as close as the score indicated but it was nip and tuck down to the wire. Trinity had a lot of penalties and a few costly fumbles. Special teams need work, too. Trinity was physical on defense and moved the ball well on offense. They just shot themselves in the foot a few times or it would have been a blowout. They need to be in better shape, too!

Actual: Freddy 40 - Concordia 0. I'm going to go out on a limb and look in my crystal ball and say that Freddy played a lot of their 2nd and 3rd team players to give them playing time and work on depth. That's why it wasn't mercy rule at half. I don't know that's what happened but that's what good teams and good coaches do.

Prairie Lea over Selma River City Believers by 45
Prairie Lea 33 - River City 18. Maybe Prarie Lea is that good?

Azle Christian over Richardson Canyon Creek by 45
Actual: Richardson Canyon Creek 52 - Azle 6. Boy, did I blow this one! I looked at Azle's ranking and they were listed as #1 in TCAF. I watched numbers 5 and 6 a week ago so I thought Azle must be world beaters. Evidently, they're not. One of the posts about them said they lost everyone after last year. I should have done a little more digging. Then again, maybe Richardson Canyon Creek is the sleeping giant of TAPPS Div. III. If so, more power to them!

Conroe Covenant over Living Rock by 45
Actual: Plays Saturday

Seguin Lifegate over Waco Methodist Childrens Home by 28
Actual: Seguin 59 - Waco 13. District 3 looks strong...again!

WF Notre Dame over Paducah JV by 45
Actual: WFND 49 - Paducah 0. Looks like they did what they were supposed to do.

8-1 on Fridays games. Not bad for my first time!

So David, when do you see a challenge for Trinity on the schedule? Week 1 was not as close as you guys had predicted. Although 21 points is not going to win a lot of ball games.

Saturday DIII SCORES:

Athens Christian Prep 27
Fruitvale 7

Spring Providence Classical 33
Alvin Living Stones 6
Game called at end of first quarter. Alvin could not continue. Two players left with dehydration. Providence Classical wins their inaugural game in sixman.

Dell City 74
El Paso Jesus Chapel 72
@ Ft. Davis

Actual: Freddy 40 - Concordia 0. I'm going to go out on a limb and look in my crystal ball and say that Freddy played a lot of their 2nd and 3rd team players to give them playing time and work on depth. That's why it wasn't mercy rule at half. I don't know that's what happened but that's what good teams and good coaches do.

It was 6-0 at the end of the first quarter, and 14-0 at the end of the 1st half. Fredericksburg only has 10 players and they are all good. Concordia recovered the opening onside kick, forced and recovered a fumble, and forced a first half punt. All without 4 starters. Second half brought a lot of Concordia turnovers that Fredericksburg turned into quick points. Coach Shipman got them playing fast and furious in the second half.

Count Coog":2jjxsqpp said:
So David, when do you see a challenge for Trinity on the schedule? Week 1 was not as close as you guys had predicted. Although 21 points is not going to win a lot of ball games.

I agree 21 will not win many games. I think if Trinity can eliminate the fumbles and the penalties and get in better shape, they will score a lot of points. As I said earlier, offense is not quite as dynamic as last year but defense is substantially improved.

I hope they don't underestimate anybody. There were times last year I thought they were overconfident. Chester and Trinidad will be tests. Marshall Christian always plays us tough. I think the real tests will come in district with Granbury NCTA and Richardson Canyon Creek.

Longview had the number 1 offense and number 1 or 2 defense going into Zephyr last season. I think us ad Longview were averaging giving up about 20 points per game which is pretty good. I am just trying to understand "substantially better."

I would think losing your coach would maybe hurt you abit.

Good luck, hope to see you for a rematch in Zephyr.

david9h":2n3i5rwz said:
Count Coog":2n3i5rwz said:

I agree 21 will not win many games. I think if Trinity can eliminate the fumbles and the penalties and get in better shape, they will score a lot of points. As I said earlier, offense is not quite as dynamic as last year but defense is substantially improved.

I hope they don't underestimate anybody. There were times last year I thought they were overconfident. Chester and Trinidad will be tests. Marshall Christian always plays us tough. I think the real tests will come in district with Granbury NCTA and Richardson Canyon Creek.

District play is always the test. The other 3 are just pop quizzes. Interesting you bring up Trinidad and Chester, figured you would run through them.

Blah...Blah...Blah. Everyone looked like crap the first week. There were upsets in Public School because its week 1. Please name a team that doesn't have mistakes in week one or a team that walks away week one and doesn't say, we need to get better here _ _ _ _ _ _?

Trinity will run through there little pity pat schedule, then I am calling for them to get creamed in the playoffs by Seguin Lifegate. Freddy appears to be down in numbers, so if they get the injury bug then it will be a long season for the powerhouse Monsters of the south. Seguin to me is the favorite right now. Rankings don't mean a hill of beans. Yes Trinity's offense was great last year, but they should be explosive with that #11 kid, if he is back. Who cares if they lost their coach! They come and go...and he wasn't amazing, because he couldn't win the big one last year. If you can't beat'em, join'em....or in his case, if you can't beat'em, leave! HAHA.

Keep pickin'em there Davey Boy! You did a lot better than the Road Warrior usually does.

Peace Out....Prickly!!!!

Traveler, you must not be a coach. Blame a coach for running when he left to take care of family. He left to a public school where there's better pay, TRS, and more benefits that a private school just cant afford. If you have a problem with that, you need to check your own priorities.

-a former assistant under the coach..

wow, loveofgame comes out swinging!...well love, what do think of the new coach...can he do what the old coach did....as I say most of time a coaching change will change the team too...

Oh, Game Traveler... always so cheerful...
As for your statement about my picks, I have much more important things to worry about. I hope he does pick better than me.
As for your statement about all teams looking like crap, the Stars beating a UIL D2 team 50-0 at the half doesn't sound too bad to me.

I like the "new" coach. Although, he really isnt new. He's been an asst there for many years. I believe the thing going against LT is the loss of freeman. Forrest is a heck of a player and talented, but losing freeman would hurt any team. I still see them making a dent in the playoffs.

Back