Alvin Living Stones over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Athens Christian Prep over ET Home School by 45
Cap City Homeschool over BVL by 45
Granbury NCTA over Durant VL by 45
Longview Trinity over Richardson Canyon Creek by 9
Sequin Lifegate over Selma River City by 45
Freddy over Spring Branch Living Rock by 45
WF WCS over Amarillo Holy Cross by 45

Longview Trinity/ RCC looks like the only one that might be close. The rest are blowouts!

Good luck and travel safe>

Despite not being able to find a score or two, looks like all the 45's went as predicted (other than BVL only losing by 24). Not much of a surprise there. Longview Trinity won by 27. They were down in the 3rd quarter and came back and scored 28 unanswered in the fourth. That's an interesting dynamic about Trinity. They seem to have the ability to dial it up when needed as they have done several times this year. That's a good thing and a bad thing. They show good resolve when down and have the ability to fight back. By the same token, they have a habit of digging holes for themselves that cause them to have to always fight back. That doesn't work against good teams. Didn't work against Chester and it won't work against Granbury this Friday. If they give max effort and energy, I think they can give Granbury a good contest. If not, it will be a long night!

Dave you are mistaken!
It will be a quick night if they cant get things rolling early. NCTA will have time to hit the best restaurants in town if Trinity doesn't come out firing on all cylinders and stay up for 4 quarters.

I looked it up and that is a long haul for the Pioneers. Hopefully they are use to long drives. Oh and it is Spooky week again this year! Whooooooooo.

Prickly

District 2 and 3 will be decided this week.

I take NCTA over Trinity in overtime. (Sorry Mr. Davey 9)
I also take SMHC over Sequin in a 30 point decision. (Pulling for the underdog)

Next week is the matchup I am curious about. We will see just how good WCS really is. Will they get over the hump against a weaker (in my opinion) WFND or will they be drop kicked from the top of Division III.
Honestly, I do not understand how a 3 loss team is #1, but I ain't the brightest Crayola in the box. Oh I know, I know....they beat a top 15 UIL team that is .500 right now. But they also lost to 3 UIL teams also. Tioga is good, Forestburg is average at best and Chili is improved. If you can beat ND, that would be huge. I think you have an excellent coaching staff that has the kids believing so Good Luck!

Prickly Bear.

GT,

You are right about District 2 and District3. However, one kid out could make a world of difference. I think Trinity will be ready for NCTA. Think NCTA could get beat but I give them the edge. Trinity is still the team to beat. I will not be surprised if they pull out though.

San Marcos to win that district but Lifeagate is solid.

Ranking don't mean anything and Heritage use to play tough schedules and had several years looking back where they were a top two team with a few losses around week 9.

I think there are 6 solid teams. NCTA, Lifegate, ND, SM, Trinity, and WCS.

Coaching does go a long way at any level.

Pup, has old prickly bear missed something? What coach is on the board predicting his team to win? I think coaches should worry about preparation not smack talk on a board.

Agreed, GT. Coaches need to be prepping their team, not boasting on the board. And the Athletic Director needs to leading by example, not beating his chest.

Personally, I think everyone has a right to express their opinion. I'm a security manager. Does that mean I can't post on security web sites? Coaches are people too. They are vested in the 6 man football experience as a fan as well as a coach. That being said, they are also going to be judged by the reader just as we are when we post. We all need to be setting a proper example on the message board, at the game, at the supermarket, in the home... everywhere. Judge not, lest ye be judged is easy to quote, but less easy to live by. We all slip up sometimes. We all let our adrenaline and excitement get the best of us sometimes. It's okay. Life goes on. Just smile and enjoy the ride.

Back