Week 2 Predictions

david9h

11-man fan
Went 10-1 last week. Wish I could do this well in Vegas!

Week 2 Predictions:

Conroe Covenant over Alvin Living Stones by 45 (It will either be 45 at half or whenever ALS runs out of players)
Apple Springs over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Austin Hill Country over Fredericksburg Heritage by 10 (Upset alert! I have all the respect in the world for Freddy but if it takes four quarters to put away Concordia and they only have 10 players, I see a struggle against a good Austin Hill Country team)
Seguin Lifegate over Austin Veritas by 6 (Upset alert #2)
BVCHEA over Bellville Faith by 45
Athens Christian over Brownwood Victory Life by 1
Wichita Falls Notre Dame over Bryson by 45
EP Jesus Chapel over Dell City by 2 (Didn't they play each other last week?)
Longview Trinity over Kings Academy by 45
Richardson Canyon Creek over Carrollton Christian by 30
SA Lutheran over SA River City by 45
Austin Veritas JV over Spring Branch Living Rock by 45 (Note - If you are a TAPPS school and you have enough kids to field a JV, you should be playing 11 man)
WF Wichita Christian over Goldburg by 45

And there you have it! Good luck and travel safe!

Games that make you go "Hmmmm." Gotta like teams playing up to genuine competition. Both of my "Hmmmm" games are in District 3 this week:

Freddy vs. Austin Hill Country- Freddy lost by two last year and went on to win it all. Hill Country was down early in the season with injuries but made a nice late-season run. Will Freddy rise up with 10 players? Will Hill Country recover after getting throttled by Abbott? This game may give a little insight into how things settle out in November.

Seguin vs. Austin Veritas- Seguin is one of my picks to be playing in Zephyr in December. I happened to see Veritas in their first scrimmage, they looked big and didn't mind hitting. I know that Seguin will be tough on defense with their speed. But....will the speed of Seguin get to the spreadback of Veritas before he gets the pass off?

Well you're 50% right on your upset alert. You swung and missed bigtime on Lifegate though.

Don't think it's advisable to field an 11 man team with 21 kids (13 underclass men). Just my opinion.

More Cowbell said:
Well you're 50% right on your upset alert. You swung and missed bigtime on Lifegate though.

I swung and missed on Lifegate but I wouldn't characterize it as "bigtime." Maybe I froze on a good curve or swung over the top on a quality change up. If a game goes 4 quarters in six man, you have had a good contest. I thought enough of Lifegate to pick them in an upset of a top ranked TAPPS Div. II program (so good that they can split 21 players into a varsity and a JV) and I think they did okay giving them a game for four quarters. So maybe it was just a called third strike on the outside corner!

So how did I do (through Friday's games):

Conroe Covenant over Alvin Living Stones by 45 (It will either be 45 at half or whenever ALS runs out of players)
Actual: Conroe Covenant 58 - ALS 12 (1 for 1)

Apple Springs over Conroe Lifestyle by 45
Actual: Apple Springs 48 - Conroe Lifestyle 0 (2 for 2)

Austin Hill Country over Fredericksburg Heritage by 10 (Upset alert! I have all the respect in the world for Freddy but if it takes four quarters to put away Concordia and they only have 10 players, I see a struggle against a good Austin Hill Country team)
Actual: Austin Hill Country 32 - Freddy 22 (Not only picked it right but on the button, no less..3 for 3)

Seguin Lifegate over Austin Veritas by 6 (Upset alert #2)
Actual: Veritas 61 - Lifegate 28 (okay, so I'm not Kreskin but I still submit Lifegate gave them a game. 3 for 4)

BVCHEA over Bellville Faith by 45
Actual: No score.

Athens Christian over Brownwood Victory Life by 1
Athens 46 - Brownwood 0. So I picked it to be a little closer. Okay, a lot closer. A win is a win. (4 for 5)

Wichita Falls Notre Dame over Bryson by 45
Actual: Bryson 55 - Notre Dame 48. This is the one that has me genuinely scratching my head. Talk about games that make you go hmmm. If anybody has any insight, I'm all ears because I missed this one by a mile! (4 for 6)

EP Jesus Chapel over Dell City by 2 (Didn't they play each other last week?)
Actual: Dell City 74 - EP Jesus Chapel 72 (What is this? Groundhog Day?) (4 for 7)

Longview Trinity over Kings Academy by 45
Actual: Trinity 84 - Kings Academy 39. Trinity had a numbers of injuries they were dealing with (part of the game, I understand) and Kings Academy looks like they picked up 8 to 10 players since we scrimmaged them three weeks ago (and a few of their pick-ups look like they've played football before). One of the issues you face when playing schools that can pick up and play home schooled kids pretty much at will. I picked Trinity to win by 45 and they won by 45. Just took a little longer than anybody wanted (except Kings Academy) (5 for 8)

Richardson Canyon Creek over Carrollton Christian by 30
Actual: RCC 53 - Carrollton 8 (Canyon Creek looks for real) (6 for 9)

SA Lutheran over SA River City by 45
Actual: Lutheran 48 - River City 8 (7 for 10)

Austin Veritas JV over Spring Branch Living Rock by 45 (Note - If you are a TAPPS school and you have enough kids to field a JV, you should be playing 11 man)
Actual: Can't find score.

WF Wichita Christian over Goldburg by 45
Actual: WCS 50 - Goldburg 0. Coaching matters and WCS has themselves a good one. and looks like some good young players, too!

So I finish 8 of 11. Not bad but not great, either. I'll work on it! Good luck to all teams next week.

Good job. 8 out of 11 will win some money. Not that anyone would ever bet on high school sports...

I hope Trinity's injuries are not serious as yall try and make another deep run.

Dave, I am hearing from some friends up north that it could be a long week for Trinity in week 3. They are saying 4 of y'all's starters are out. Any truth to it...

Anyone know what the numbers that Canyon Creek is returning this year? despite my southern bias and tendency to pay more attention to southern teams, I have this feeling they might just do well up in the north during the regular season.. playoffs is a different story.

I bet they do well in preseason also since they are playing a cupcake schedule. Same as last year play cupcakes impress everyone, face a real team get 45ed. District I want to see a few more weeks. They are pick 3rd in there district. I have not heard much from gran bury and really want to know about the injuries in longview.

We're battling some injuries. No question about it. I know we'll have one out this week for sure and maybe 2 or 3 more. I know Chester is better this year than they were last year so it will be a test to go to their place. I'll still predict a Trinity victory but to go there short handed doesn't help. But that's part of the game. No excuses. Next man up!

My Predictions:

Chester gets creamed by Trinity because Chester has no speed. The only guy that was effected against them last year is gone. Canyon Creek will look good in Weeks 1-5 until they play better opponents (this is the norm in TAPPS Div. 3) The good teams shine bright down the road or you get lucky and have no injuries.

I heard that a big time player is out for Trinity but like I said, too much speed for little ol Chester.

Davey Boy, did I miss the picks or are you still up set over your record last week.....

Prickly!!!

Did you mean effective??? Nevermind...

Davey seems to be a little more concerned with Chester than you. I guess we will see on Friday night.

Hell must have frozen over, pigs are flying, traveler is picking Longview. That's in itself may be the kiss of defeat. Of course his first couple of sentences left me thinking he just got the teams confused.

Hot dang, the ol' Language Arts Police is out!
Count I am sorry all of us backwoods, country folk aren't as edumacated as you are.

Unless Chester as had an Olympic speedster transferred in, Longview will kill them with speed. I saw that game last year and, like I said, it was the speed of Trinity that hurt the Yellowjackets. They had one kid that was effected.....oh I mean effective against Trinity.....and he is no longer with the team.
Count what grammatical errors do we have besides the obvious?
Also, calm down John "the legend' Holmes!!!! This isn't the kiss of death, just stating the obvious.

What is up with the low numbers for the Powerhouse Freddy?

Prickly

Back