Water Valley vs. Throckmorton

Sounds like someone is trying to stir things up. I have difficulty believing any of Water Valley's players take the Throckmorton team lightly. This is oddly reminiscent of last years playoff game against Ira when some "Water Valley fans" started in like this.

WV Backer":1n790len said:
WildcatClassOf89":1n790len said:
I've got Throckmorton by however many points the 2 and 3's can score once the starters get a comfortable lead . They are that good!

You may be right, T-Rock may be that good, but if you're wrong I hope you'll own up to it and not go into hiding. That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it but I think the Greyhounds know they've got their hands full.

No hiding if WV wins. I will be the first to say they earned their #1 ranking!! Best of luck to WV.

Don't get your panties in a wad, backer...it's just kids talking. They were just having fun. They were/are very confident and think they are going to win. By the way, weren't you one of the ones doing all the mouthing last year?

Absolutely not, jimnedder. If you're smart enough to look up the threads you'll see that I was one of a few people trying to put a lid on it. As I said before, I have difficulty believing the WV kids would say things like that and, quite frankly, I have a hard time believing you even spoke with any of them to start with. Express your own opinions here all you want jimnedder but don't go attributing quotes (or paraphrasing) to others in an effort to stir things up.

Backer, are you a woman? Cause you sure post like one...don't get your feelings hurt...and I could careless what you believe. Don't you have a ditch to dig or your nails to get done?

That was one of the most clever posts I've read in quite some time. What can I say to that, jimnedder? You got me, I'm a ditch-digging woman with bad nails, touché. Just out of curiosity, did you put a lot of time into that retort? I'm mean, did you really flesh it out and consider the strong points of your argument and how to better maximize the impact of your words before you typed out that drivel? At least you utilized proper punctuation (for the most part) which is better than many of your ilk bother with. That's something to hang your hat on, right?

First of all Backer, why can't you believe that WV plyers won't talk? Last year they did...and you denied it. In fact, if I recall, you did some mouthing yourself.

To jimnedder, Backer is very sensitive.

No West Texas Sixmaner, they did not talk last year. Some people that claimed they were students/players ran off at the mouth but it isn't a difficult proposition to create a second, or multiple accounts, for the purpose of stirring things up. I would challenge you and jimnedder both to find a post from me that could be construed as "mouthing". Find it, quote it and re-post it here. I don't talk $h!t about other teams, I don't make up quotes from other players, and I don't revel in the defeat of another team. That kind of stuff is petty and I leave it to you and your kind. I have, on occasion, called a spade a spade and put a few feeble-minded loudmouths in their place here but I know that half the stuff I say goes straight over their collective heads anyway. By the way, you're using the ellipsis mark all wrong.

It's all the Ref's fault!!! One sided flag fest. Or thats the way the radio guys make it sound.

Wonder what the second half holds. Been an interesting listen thus far!

I think they only use the word "dynasty" in Water Valley when referring to the Wildcats. No one outside the city limits thinks of them that way. Besides, dynasties don't blame getting 45ed on the refs.

What a way to end the season after being the top ranked team in Division 1 for seven weeks....minds on basketball perhaps? Actually from what I saw the best refs in the state of Texas could have officiated this game and the result would have been the same....a completely one sided butt kicking. Nothing wv was gonna do about it. Anyone who might get Throck in the next 3 weeks should be plenty nervous.

I agree with Paul, was there and there wasn't enough good refs in Texas to help WV with this one. May have been one or two questionable calls, but too much T-rock for them was their worst enemy!! I was suprised because went to the game for what I thought was going to b a good game. Oh well.

Congratulations to the Throckmorton Greyhounds on an outstanding performance tonight. They thoroughly dismantled a very good Water Valley Wildcats team and showed why they are the defending champions. No blaming the refs (I thought they did a good job), no blaming their minds on basketball (only a fool would think that anyway), no one to blame but a superior team. I can't remember who it was (might have been WildcatClassOf89) but someone used the term "machine" to describe them and I find that to be an apt descriptor. They really are going to be tough to beat from here on out.

There is not a "dynasty" in Water Valley, that's for sure, but then no one from Water Valley ever said that. That's just the rantings of a few select idiots and the babble of one particular moron that won't let it go. By the way, is that you paulbuyan or is that TotalAccess? I get your two (or more) profiles mixed up sometimes but there is always one thing in common between them and that is your desperate attempt to bash the WV at any opportunity. I know you harbor a lot of animosity towards the school but you really need to let it go. These players didn't have anything to do with it. PM me and we can talk it all out.

Back