Water Valley vs. Throckmorton

Doesn't sound like his coach is doing him any favors as far as a scholarship goes. Also, I can't imagine a coach putting in subs for very long periods of time with the 45 point rule in place, but maybe so. Buckholts came from 20 points behind in the first quarter to being ahead in the second quarter. It is too easy to make points in six man to do very much substituting. Without putting up some stats, it will be hard for him to make all state this year.

Mr. Counsel, obviously everybody does things differently. To some coaches THE most important stat is the won loss record and some may even place team above individuals. I wouldn't worry too much about the stats of the teams at this point. If you hadn't noticed, Richland springs doesn't submit stats either; I don't think that's hurt them too much. As for Gary's future, I think that will line out nicely.

Ill never forget a gentleman from Whitharral named Brandon Hoskins who I watched play several games and always left amazed. Served on a All State committee with his dad and learned alot from the man. Every coach will understand the situation, he barely played for 10 weeks of the season cause the team was so good and the wealth spread around so even that his stats were almost non existent to some of the other mentioned. However, every coach in the State raised their hand and he went on to be POY and achieved great college acolades.

Not saying Gary is him, but just so you can have some closure mr counsel and show me some individuals whom stats are better, feel free, becuase their will be plenty. Mr Smokey Joe is correct and my current and past kids have always faired just fine and let their play in games determine their future.

26 tds
42 receptions
1376 yards

If there is someone elses you would like, feel free to ask me and I'll let you know.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks, Coach. Some people need statistics to justify certain things. The intangibles can't be quantified. Gary doesn't know me, nor do I know him but I have enjoyed watching his play for several years and look forward to following him at the next level if that is where his path leads................

I know its a little overshadowed because of how good Gary is but that QB has amazing form. He was tossing the ball like he's been doing that his whole life. That kid was taught how to throw the football very well.

As far as Gary goes, this kid is D1 potential. Incredibly good, fast, I would love to have my signal caller throwing to him any day. But one man a passing attack does not make, and if WV finds a way to cover him i'm a little worried as to what Throck can do. Dont get me wrong, they run incredibly and have other decent receivers, but without a doubt this kid is a major part of the offense, and if he is slowed down thats a team slowing down, even if its just a speed bump, and if WV can capitalize on a few Throck mistakes, I expect to see the upset.

I have been following Throckmorton awhile and the truth of the matter is they have so many athletes that it is hard for one to stand out. I mean they have three strong running backs that can't hardly be stopped. And of those only one is a senior. The starters rarely play the whole game because the backups are rotated in to allow playing time. So as far as stats go there won't be one player on Throcmorton team that stands out when comparing to another team where the same player gets the ball each and every play. I do know this though, if you take that same player and put him on a team with the same level of players as he then he no longer looks like a superstar. When in all actuality it's only because he is surrounded by superstars like himself and therefore blends in and that my friends is what Throckmorton has. This is not a one man team by far. Any team playing Throckmorton needs to beware of all six players on the field.

Mike Reed is a great offensive coach, and from what I have seen this year, nobody will keep Throckmorton from putting up points. With a few defensive stops, Throckmorton wins this one by at least 20. (I really believe it could be more)

I can't find him among the leaders on any of the stats

Farquhar had 1,960 yards recieving last year...name a guy who has had more recieving yards in a single season

PS: I take Throck in this one by more than 2 TDs

Was talking about this year, but, no matter, as I said, I hope Tech drafts him, we need more six man players in big college ball. (By the way, I could find no stats on him this year.)

Wonder how many minutes of play it has taken to rack up the numbers Gary has posted already this season? I bet it would amaze most people!

I've got Throckmorton by however many points the 2 and 3's can score once the starters get a comfortable lead . They are that good!

WildcatClassOf89":3u07muik said:
I've got Throckmorton by however many points the 2 and 3's can score once the starters get a comfortable lead . They are that good!

You may be right, T-Rock may be that good, but if you're wrong I hope you'll own up to it and not go into hiding. That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it but I think the Greyhounds know they've got their hands full.

Had the opportunity to talk to a couple of Wildcat players earlier today and they are very confident. One told me that they view Throck as a two man team...stop those two and they got it. One even told me that they think they cold pull a late fourth quarter 45 game. I told him, "no way."

Back