Water Valley vs. Throckmorton

WV Backer

Six-man pro
So it comes to pass that the Wildcats must take on last years champions in the second round of the playoffs. It's a tough row to hoe in Region II but you have to play the hand you're dealt. Granger's toy has it as a pick 'em game but I'm taking the WV by 8. The Greyhounds are a quality team and have beaten some very good squads this year (Follett, Motley County, Crowell) but I think the Wildcats can do it. Let's hear what the rest of you sixman fans have to say about it.

My toy has Throck by 14. I don't know if I agree with that or not as I have not seen either team play this year. Either way, I bet it's a good game. Anywho, just letting you know what my machine has, and it was wrong 5 times this last week. I bet it's not 100% this week either, maybe this could be one of the ones that I miss. :) Good luck to both teams.

I would have never guessed that the game would be held in Early, TX. I think it'll be a close hard-fought game with the team that makes the least mistakes gets the W. Special teams and PATs could be a factor as well. WV's defensive backs will have their hands full all night with Throck's aerial assault. I'll be pulling for my Wildcats to beat them by 12.

GO WILDCATS!!

The statement below is just the OPINION of WildcatClassOf89 based on his observations this season.

Whoever wins the first quarter wins the game!!!!! I'll leave it at that.

Best of luck to both squads!

The voices in my head disagree. Some are picking WV, others are picking Throck. I'm going to predict that smokey's prediction proves to be correct.

i think that this will be a game that starts early, but even though it is a struggle and a fight to the end wv will step away the victor, so in closing yes i do believe it will end where it started with a wv victory. oh yes it will be over in early

game will be on 97.5 out of san angelo. Dont know if they got the bugs out yet. Was way to slow last time and froze up several times. pre-game starts at 5.

I have heard rumors that Texas Tech wants him for their squad next year. He definitely has the hands to play D1 college ball. If the ball is anywhere near him, its as good as caught !!!

hiscounsel":2cokk30w said:
While the film is very impressive. I can't find him among the leaders on any of the stats.
I tell you what Mr. Counsel, I'll give you any other receiver in D1 if I can have Mr. Farquar. He is the whole package. He has the best hands I've seen in a long time. Great athleticism, decent speed. Put him in a strength program and he will be a beast.
His "little" brother (6'6') ain't too shabby either...............................

Still don't know why he isn't among the leaders unless the quarterback can't throw the ball. None of the rushers are among the leaders, nor is the quarterback. Matter of fact, Throckmorton has no players on the Texas Coaches Association page. Anyone can put together a video of over a couple of years highlighting a few great catches, most every receiver has some of those.

Don't go about getting him all riled up now. He's going to be hard enough to try and stop without feeling like he has to prove something. Wasn't he All-State last year?

hiscounsel":1jpg67jl said:
While the film is very impressive. I can't find him among the leaders on any of the stats.

Good observation. My only idea as to why is that they have so many threats. Anyone on the team will go after the deep ball or run it up the middle. Play two quarters then put the underclassmen in and let em finish up. Coach Reed subs an entire defense in most times. Its crazy at the talent on that team.

Gary is one of the hardest working young men I know!! He and my son have competed in high jump together since they were in JH. Gary also does hurdles and he will be in the middle of the track almost all day during a meet working on his form. He went to the state meet last year in the 300 hurdles and high jump. I expect him to win some gold this year since we are in our own class. He has also been raised right. Fine young man!!!

Back