Water Valley vs. Crowell

WV Backer

Six-man pro
Well Water Valley fans, it seems we've come to the precipice... what now? Crowell appears to be an indomitable force waiting in Jayton to destroy the hopes and dreams of this Wildcat team. They've eviscerated two teams that beat the WV this year (Knox City and Blum) and have 45d everyone on their schedule except for a very good Calvert squad. They are the defending state champions that dispatched us last year in the bitter cold at Rotan and sent us into the gym prematurely (although that didn't work out too badly). Mitchell Parsley is probably the Player of the Year (he was last year) and Coach Nathan Hayes has them on a 19 game winning streak. So why even bother to make the trip to Jayton?

Well, aside from the standard "anything can happen on a Friday night" and "that ball takes some funny bounces sometimes" the only reason I can come up with is that this team has a lot of heart. The way they came back against Borden County in the second half when the game was almost out of reach just goes to show that they have no quit in them. They are a very good team playing a great team but it can be done. Coach York has seen Crowell and what they bring to the table and hopefully he can devise a way to slow them down. It's not like the Wildcats haven't seen good teams already this year; three of their four losses are to teams currently ranked 3, 4, & 5 and none of those was by more than two touchdowns. The Wildcats certainly won't be awed when they step on the field with Crowell.

So what do you say WV fans? Is this the end? Are those "other" Wildcats going to annihilate us? Is this going to be as ugly as it looks on paper or is there hope for a third round game against Ira? It's a tough row to hoe but I'm going to be there, freezing my butt off in Jayton, hoping to see a king-sized upset. How about you?

Yeah! Crowell picked to win by 45. What do you think about that WV? Who thought the colonists could whip the British? Over 2600 American soldiers died taking sugarloaf hill in WWII! Feats that couldn't be done. Let's work together cats and get the job done.

I think WV matches up well with Crowell, but obviously we need to be firing on all cylinders to pull off an upset. WV is pretty healthy for this game so that's a big plus. The weather looks to be better than what it was last year at Rotan with the high in Jayton supposed to be around 60..... so I'd expect it to be low 50's or high 40's come kickoff time. I am glad we are playing in Jayton instead of Rotan! So if WV can manufacture a sound game plan, come out fired up and execute well, get a few stops/turnovers... WV has as dang good chance. So... let's prepare well for battle and bring it this Friday WV!!!

GO WATER VALLEY!!!

Wow! That about sums it up for the Crowell Wildcats. They are every bit as good as advertised. The WV scored on their first play from scrimmage and that was the highlight of the night. After that the wheels fell off. Ira will definitely have their collective hands full next Friday night in, what I believe will be, the game of the year. I know Happy, Valley, Blum, and May will have something to say about that but I truly believe that Crowell and Ira are the two best teams in the state.

To the Crowell Wildcats I say congratulations on a dominating victory and good luck defending your state championship.

To the Water Valley Wildcats and especially the Seniors, congratulations on a great season. You persevered through some tough early season losses to, once again, claim the district and Bi-district championships. Now its on to defend the state championship in basketball!

I'm hearing talk that some of the kids won't be going out for basketball this year. Don't know why they wouldn't want to defend their championship but that's the talk. Maybe they don't like the new coach?

Back