Water Valley vs Robert Lee

fortyfived

11-man fan
Any thoughts out there on this Friday's matchup between our Wildcats of Water Valley vs the Steers of Robert Lee? Both come in at 2-0 and one will get there first loss of the season. The Wildcats will need to take care of business and not take those Steers lightly. I'm sure Coach Avants will have those Steers ready to hit hard and give the Wildcats a fight! I can say that Robert Lee has one of the nicest and newest 6 man stadiums around the Concho Valley!

What happened to Chivo Loco?

I fear something bad has befallen the Goat-man. Perhaps he's been the victim of a bar-b-que. Regardless of his fate, I'm picking the WV by a good margin though I'm not willing to go with 45 against a pretty good Robert Lee squad. I'll definitely be there for this one, wouldn't want to miss seeing the newest turf field around.

I guess the coyote_king doesn't think too much of Follett but I sure do. That's going to be a tough row to hoe when they meet in Jayton.

WV Backer":2vkxq48c said:
I guess the coyote_king doesn't think too much of Follett but I sure do. That's going to be a tough row to hoe when they meet in Jayton.

My thoughts also! This week I'm thinking WV will 45 the Steers, in the 3rd quarter.

I THINK(which doesnt mean much) WV will 45 RL in the 3rd. WV starts slow for some reason or I would pick halftime. I watched RL play Wyoming and they could not handle speed at all. I beleive Wyoming would have won if they hadnt run out of gas in the 3rd. Completely could not handle the heat. The problem WV might have is injuries, because one thing them RL boys do is hit hard.

LeeMac":3hdwq427 said:
I THINK(which doesnt mean much) WV will 45 RL in the 3rd. WV starts slow for some reason or I would pick halftime. I watched RL play Wyoming and they could not handle speed at all. I beleive Wyoming would have won if they hadnt run out of gas in the 3rd. Completely could not handle the heat. The problem WV might have is injuries, because one thing them RL boys do is hit hard.
I agree. Meeteetse's RB went out with a possible concussion from a RL hit.

I'm pretty sure RL will receive just as many hard hits as they might deliver. I saw the Meeteetsie game as well and thought it was nice that Robert Lee provided the Wyoming team with a big evaporative cooler on the sidelines. I'd say they were not quite used to our West Texas heat. It did appear they were going to win it at first, but then ran out of juice. That won't be a factor for WV although some us fans wouldn't mind borrowing that swamp cooler! Looking forward to seeing the game and for those that can't make it... it is also KGKL's 97.5 game of the week which will be broadcast live.

GO WILDCATS!!

biggrin.gif

Back