Venting on injuries

JacketMom":xcsrhovc said:
Although this thread has taken a slight turn, can someone enlighten me as to the logic of having two divisions in six-man anyway?

You are asking the impossible............ asking the UIL to be logical.............

Bluebird. The only changes I suggested are 1) enforce the current rule as it is written and 2) give the player receiving the ball Kick Catch Interference protection even if the ball has bounced more than once. In the current rule the KCI ends upon the second bounce.

Your question ending with a period "So, are you going to allow a kicking team player to defend himself when a receiving team player crosses into the neutral zone with every intention of taking him out of the play and out of the game." Some assumptions here but I believe I understand your point and agree it is valid.

Short answer: of course they can protect themselves and I have no desire to change that. However, I don't see how enforcing the rule and granting KCI protection to one player prevents the kicking team from defending themselves as the current rule only states the kicking team cannot initiate contact until the ball has gone 15 yards. So if the receiving team heads into the neutral zone that seems to indicate an initiating of contact. Maybe this is where clarification for officials would help, a definition for what constitutes "initiation of contact."

In the Robert Lee and Sterling City scenario Sterling City was initiating contact from the second onside kick on, my point being they didnt have a choice unless they wanted to stand and be hit before the ball has gone 15. This is not a issue at Robert Lee, this happens every week in multiple games and it seems injuries here could be reduced without degrading the nature of the game.

... this happens every week in multiple games and it seems injuries here could be reduced without degrading the nature of the game.[/quote]
my son played 7 yrs without injury. It was because he was hard as a rock. He didnt get injured untill after he graduated, he quit working out, and joined that stupid adult league.
Football is EXTREMELY HARD. Most players arent. Deal with that first.

ol' gus":3ojtcrsc said:
... this happens every week in multiple games and it seems injuries here could be reduced without degrading the nature of the game.
my son played 7 yrs without injury. It was because he was hard as a rock. He didnt get injured untill after he graduated, he quit working out, and joined that stupid adult league.
Football is EXTREMELY HARD. Most players arent. Deal with that first.[/quote]

I guess all those college and professional players should be as hard as a rock like your son was and they wouldn't get hurt either, maintaing the physical condition of players does indeed help, thanks for stating the obvious

Guy Shelton I was going for civil discussion, I knew it wasn't possible don't know why I tried, I am out...good luck with what's left of the season

Here is the secret Tbone. As a coach I always ask the white hat the rule of KCI before the game starts so I know what to expect and or inform them of the correct ruling. I always get a copy of the rulebook so I can at least discuss intelligently with the zebras on proper interpretation. Believe it or not most officials want to get it right for the integrity of the game. When I officiated I also explained what I expected on kickoffs. Sometimes you have to do the training

ol' gus":z14axa9g said:
The vast majority of college and pros dont get hurt. The same cant be said of most 6man players.
Actually Gus, yes, the same can be said for SixMan. The majority of the players do not get hurt. Only a small percentage suffer an injury lasting more than four games.

Back