Veritas Lutheran game final thoughts

Lionsbacker

11-man fan
Wow,, I really dont even know what to say this morning about the game last night. I want to congratulate Veritas on a great game. No I didnt see that one coming. In 5 years no team has shut down Issiah and they did it last night. It was obvious from the start of the game the intensity and focus Veritas had and clearly they wanted it more! Several posters have asked my thoughts on how it happened. I can only offer these thoughts:
1. they wanted it more,
2. great defensive game planning,
3. we were with out our starting QB Alex Hess, he had 2 discs herniated by a cheap shot in the Gainsville game. Our freshman QB did a good job, but Hess is an all state QB
4. All state Anchor Athan ejected in 2nd quarter
5. Special teams, we only made one PAT - 10 points right there

Having said this, they are not excuses just thoughts. Veritas is good and should win State. Clearly they took last years loss in the finals and had us in their crosshairs all year. To me that is a compliment. Their program is the standard we are trying to match. They set the bar. As a parent I cant tell you how much respect I have for them, good kids, good sportmen, good coaching, and Christ centered.

Also this post is bittersweet from another aspect. Whether it was today or next Friday it ends a season in life for me and my family. We started 6 man 5 years ago in 8th grade and have lived and breathed and learned about the game. My son has played at very high level won honors and a state ring. All that does matter, but last night consoling him I realized a new season in life begins. He got accepted to Baylor this week and he will be leaving home in 6-7 months and played his last Lions football game!

We were crying last night and this morning not about the loss, but about Change. I want to say to the younger parents out there ENJOY IT! Win or loose they grow up. Cherish it.

Also want to say to Veritas I will be pulling for you guys. Austin, Eric, JD, great game we will pulling for you. Ben it was great to see you back after last years injury. In a distant way our kids have grown up together. It was great to see the mutual respect after the game. Truly you guys embody your Defender Creed.

Birdman, 76'r, Rico.... I will miss you guys. This has been one of the funnest times of my life. But as I said, a chapter ends and we turn the page.

Blessings to all of you and good luck, stay healthy and ENJOY!

I second that, I also want to congratulate veritas on a hard fought victory. Great coaches, great fans and in total just a class act.

Lions backer,

Thank you for allowing me to coach your son, it was truly an honor to be around him everyday and see all the hard work he puts into the game of 6 man football and just the love he has for his brothers. Thank for everything that you do for us and let’s do this thing again next season!!!!

Also, thank you to Coach schup, Coach Frieling and everybody at Dallas Lutheran for welcoming me with open arms, let’s continue building character into these young men and continue to lead them down gods path! And most importantly let’s just have fun!!

Go Lions

God bless,

Coach Davis

Lionsbacker":16f82vnd said:
Wow,, I really dont even know what to say this morning about the game last night. I want to congratulate Veritas on a great game. No I didnt see that one coming. In 5 years no team has shut down Issiah and they did it last night. It was obvious from the start of the game the intensity and focus Veritas had and clearly they wanted it more! Several posters have asked my thoughts on how it happened. I can only offer these thoughts:
1. they wanted it more,
2. great defensive game planning,
3. we were with out our starting QB Alex Hess, he had 2 discs herniated by a cheap shot in the Gainsville game. Our freshman QB did a good job, but Hess is an all state QB
4. All state Anchor Athan ejected in 2nd quarter
5. Special teams, we only made one PAT - 10 points right there

Having said this, they are not excuses just thoughts. Veritas is good and should win State. Clearly they took last years loss in the finals and had us in their crosshairs all year. To me that is a compliment. Their program is the standard we are trying to match. They set the bar. As a parent I cant tell you how much respect I have for them, good kids, good sportmen, good coaching, and Christ centered.

Also this post is bittersweet from another aspect. Whether it was today or next Friday it ends a season in life for me and my family. We started 6 man 5 years ago in 8th grade and have lived and breathed and learned about the game. My son has played at very high level won honors and a state ring. All that does matter, but last night consoling him I realized a new season in life begins. He got accepted to Baylor this week and he will be leaving home in 6-7 months and played his last Lions football game!

We were crying last night and this morning not about the loss, but about Change. I want to say to the younger parents out there ENJOY IT! Win or loose they grow up. Cherish it.

Also want to say to Veritas I will be pulling for you guys. Austin, Eric, JD, great game we will pulling for you. Ben it was great to see you back after last years injury. In a distant way our kids have grown up together. It was great to see the mutual respect after the game. Truly you guys embody your Defender Creed.

Birdman, 76'r, Rico.... I will miss you guys. This has been one of the funnest times of my life. But as I said, a chapter ends and we turn the page.

Blessings to all of you and good luck, stay healthy and ENJOY!

Thank you for your kind words @Lionsbacker! Good luck to your son in the next season of life.

Back