Top teams D1 and D2 2023

D1 top 3 are pretty easy I would say
1. Westbrook
2. Abbott
3. Gordon
I think Westbrook is the clear #1 and we get a Gordon v Abbott rematch in the playoffs in a coinflip game for who goes to AT&T

D2 is a lot tougher to determine this year as most top schools graduated big talent
Going to see Jonesboro at Westbrook week 2. Never overlook Jonesboro. Also plan to see Gordon that weekend. Have Abbott penciled in week 6. Put Jonesboro in with your top 3 to make top 4 and never count May out. That would be my guess at top 5 at this time but not sure about order. Still waiting on 3-day weekend in far west or Panhandle.

I like Fannindale to surprise a lot of folks this season. Coach Denver Bowden led a young group to playoffs in his 1st season in the UIL ranks!! Look for the Falcons to keep building under Coach Bowden!

Maybe he’s staying there

50/50 between Benjamin and Albany. He's definitely interested in playing 11 man but his focus is more on basketball right now.

He's 15, people. Too many people forget that because of the caliber of athlete he is. Earlier in this thread someone said something about his build. He's 15! The kid was invited to Texas Tech's football camp and probably other D1s.

Benjamin knows what they were doing and it'll all come to fruition eventually if he does or doesn't stay.

That's all I got.

Also he may have went to TTU’s camp but I saw he was at UTSA (imo better fit). If he did go to Techs camp awesome! But you seem to be speaking out of your butt

I’ve been around 6man football since I was 15 (2007) I’ve seen a lot of great players on all levels (Public/Private) Grayson Rigdon is the greatest 1A athlete I’ve ever seen!! No question he is the greatest 6man player of all time, and no question that HE WILL be lining it up for a D1 team on Saturdays in about two years!!!! Great young man from a great tight knit family!

50/50 between Benjamin and Albany. He's definitely interested in playing 11 man but his focus is more on basketball right now.

He's 15, people. Too many people forget that because of the caliber of athlete he is. Earlier in this thread someone said something about his build. He's 15! The kid was invited to Texas Tech's football camp and probably other D1s.

Benjamin knows what they were doing and it'll all come to fruition eventually if he does or doesn't stay.

That's all I got.
15 is not bad. I've seen 15-year-old guys who resemble 20-year-olds in physique.

Lots of kids are invited to camps....while you are invited you still have pay the camp fee ($40) to be evaluated...camps are where relationships begin. Not just for scholarships but to convince a kid to walk-on at your program.

I’ve been around 6man football since I was 15 (2007) I’ve seen a lot of great players on all levels (Public/Private) Grayson Rigdon is the greatest 1A athlete I’ve ever seen!! No question he is the greatest 6man player of all time, and no question that HE WILL be lining it up for a D1 team on Saturdays in about two years!!!! Great young man from a great tight knit family!
May be a move to eleven man football would answer the question about his football prowess. TaRon Smith from Milford was certainly a great sixman football player on offense and I didn't hear his name mentioned on Saturday football games and the same goes for Ben Crockett of McLean.

May be a move to eleven man football would answer the question about his football prowess. TaRon Smith from Milford was certainly a great sixman football player on offense and I didn't hear his name mentioned on Saturday football games and the same goes for Ben Crockett of McLean.
Ehh, Did Milford and McClean Coaches take these kids to big time college camps to get them more noticed??? From just being around 6man for so long and going to different football camps, I hardly ever see 6man coaches taking these athletes to these camps to get them more recognized… I believe Ta’Ron and Ben would’ve been small school D1 if they were taken to these big camps for exposure… it’s on coaches to help and get them exposed as well.. not saying all but SOME 6man coaches don’t really deal with all of that. This is a great discussion to have.

Ehh, Did Milford and McClean Coaches take these kids to big time college camps to get them more noticed??? From just being around 6man for so long and going to different football camps, I hardly ever see 6man coaches taking these athletes to these camps to get them more recognized… I believe Ta’Ron and Ben would’ve been small school D1 if they were taken to these big camps for exposure… it’s on coaches to help and get them exposed as well.. not saying all but SOME 6man coaches don’t really deal with all of that. This is a great discussion to have.
You might want to direct the college camp trips question to the Milford and McLean coaches. So many sixman players can play at the small college football if they desire, I don't think a high school coach needs to show them the way.

You might want to direct the college camp trips question to the Milford and McLean coaches. So many sixman players can play at the small college football if they desire, I don't think a high school coach needs to show them the way.
If your highschool coach isn’t helping get you noticed and marketing your name to college coaches then that coach needs to not be in this profession. You brought up Ben and Ta’ron .. you should maybe ask those two why you haven’t heard their names on Saturdays and I’ll ask the former coaches from Milford and mcclean, deal? 😉

If your highschool coach isn’t helping get you noticed and marketing your name to college coaches then that coach needs to not be in this profession. You brought up Ben and Ta’ron .. you should maybe ask those two why you haven’t heard their names on Saturdays and I’ll ask the former coaches from Milford and mcclean, deal? 😉
Good point but I doubt if I will ever see TaRon or Ben again. I was lucky to see both of them play and more so of Taron. May be if they follow this website they would be so kind as to respond to your question. It would be nice to hear first hand of how their life after high school has gone. Four of my former sixman teammates played or attempted to play college football. Three walked on at Ranger Junior College and another one had a scholarship to Sul Ross. Only one of the four continued playing past the first season to my knowledge. The physical toll for undersized players is tremendous and not for the faint hearted. And the college coaches have to like what you offer them too. If a player is getting beat up every day in practice and know they don't have a chance to play on Saturday ever, they lose the motivation to take a beating. Might as well point out the reality of college football. Life is a marathon not a sprint, better to protect those ankles and knees now than twenty years from now. Easier to switch on the TV and watch someone else absorb the wipeout blocks.

15, never have heard of a coach not holding back his kids, time and time again i hear on these pages about who is the best, Dwayne miles played in the nfl nuff said, Grayson is a better basketball player bad thing is though he needs to get to about 6"5 to have a chance in basketball anywhere that is D1. Benjamin wont help him get anywhere he has several options and i hope he chooses wisely, nobody even talks about grades in school, colleges see that alot, D1 schools are picking juco kids now to save time and money, have to work your way up choose a good juco and impress D1 scouts.

Back