Region IV
1. Richland Springs
2. Calvert
3. Jonesboro
4. Oakwood

Region 3
Division II
District 9

Guthrie, Matador Motley County, Paducah...................Some body GOOD will be starting basketball EARLY

Did Ira not graduate any starters? I really don't see how you can pick Ira in front of Crowell. I guess you could know more actual facts coming out of Crowell than the rumers we have heard at the end of basketball.

Keep one eye on Blanket...the Tigers have a quality coach and kids. A great first name, too. Watched him play for Blanket and Brownwood a few years ago, and was the last QB for a Brownwood state champion.

Don't sleep on Coolidge. A ton of athletes coming back and it's Coach Jones' second year at the healm. So much of this season will be fine tuning, rather than teaching.

coachsatcher":3lj5fht6 said:
Don't sleep on Coolidge. A ton of athletes coming back and it's Coach Jones' second year at the healm. So much of this season will be fine tuning, rather than teaching.
They might be a sleeper in the east, but no one in the West even knows who they are.

Let's see..... Abbott will win District 14......That puts the District 14 RU (Coolidge or Bynum) will face BLUM/Aquilla (I say Blum)......

But I'll take your word that COOLIDGE will be the 2nd place team.

Wonder Dog":13ljgvy4 said:
Let's see..... Abbott will win District 14......That puts the District 14 RU (Coolidge or Bynum) will face BLUM/Aquilla (I say Blum)......

But I'll take your word that COOLIDGE will be the 2nd place team.
District 13 - flip a coin between Blum and Aquilla. If both teams are healthy when they play, it will be a battle.
District 14 - Abbott 1st Coolidge or Milford 2nd

Good point! Any region with T-Rock is automatically a contender for bragging rights. I've read where Paducah is supposed to be talent-laden and Motley County is always tough. I don't know about Jayton but they went 9-3 last year so they might be someone to reckon with.

Oglesby will shock a lot of people this season. The tigers only lost one starter off of last years team and were seconds away from beating Blanket before a costly turnover in bi-district. Also this will be the first full off season under Coach Graves and they are a lot more experienced and talented than most people want to believe.

Garrett2810":3gpo67cf said:
Oglesby will shock a lot of people this season. The tigers only lost one starter off of last years team and were seconds away from beating Blanket before a costly turnover in bi-district. Also this will be the first full off season under Coach Graves and they are a lot more experienced and talented than most people want to believe.

Having an entire year under Coach Graves is going to really help out Oglesby. That district is going to be tough to get out of, but whoever does, will definately be battle tested. I don't make predictions, but Jonesboro, Cransfills Gap, Iredell, Oglesby and Walnut Springs will all battle.

Back