Top teams D1 and D2 2023

Exactly and without all the studs around him, could be a completely different year
That’s why I think he will stay D2 at selected schools that can win without him. He is good when surrounded by studs. I could already be wrong because I have no Idea where he is and has he settled in yet. Hope he makes me eat my words but it is up to him and his dad.

Guys cmon...hes a kid. If you dislike his dad thats one thing, but continuously talking bad about him or slighting him is just over the top. Let the kid be a kid.

Greyson is a tremendous athlete. I think he could be successful anywhere if given the opportunity between 1A-4A.
Grayson is an amazing player, and I’m sure he’s a great kid as well. But It’s a repeat thing every 4 years. Someone gets the attention of news outlets and people find ways to hate the new player and after he graduates he will be wrote into the record books with other studs such as Ben Crockett and then everyone will move on and find someone new to talk about.

Guys cmon...hes a kid. If you dislike his dad thats one thing, but continuously talking bad about him or slighting him is just over the top. Let the kid be a kid.

Greyson is a tremendous athlete. I think he could be successful anywhere if given the opportunity between 1A-4A.
Nobody said anything really bad in my opinion.

Like comparing junior high girls to nba players.
Grayson is an amazing player, and I’m sure he’s a great kid as well. But It’s a repeat thing every 4 years. Someone gets the attention of news outlets and people find ways to hate the new player and after he graduates he will be wrote into the record books with other studs such as Ben Crockett and then everyone will move on and find someone new to talk about.
yeah I’m talking about the 1 state championship stud Ben Crockett with his 3 lead blocking 200+ pound line. McLean had a LOADED team. And let up 70 points to a one man show. Putting the two in the same equation is downright disrespectful. And until someone comes into 6man as dominant as this kid has there is no comparison.

Putting aside how I feel about his dad, Grayson is an incredible athlete. My son has also told me that he is a pretty good person on the field/court, nice to be around, and fun to play against.

yeah I’m talking about the 1 state championship stud Ben Crockett with his 3 lead blocking 200+ pound line. McLean had a LOADED team. And let up 70 points to a one man show. Putting the two in the same equation is downright disrespectful. And until someone comes into 6man as dominant as this kid has there is no comparison.
Westbrook had one last year and the year before but don’t need to talk about it every five minutes is the difference. Cedric Ware could do it all offensively and defensively and proved by being offensive and defensive MVP two years in a row in the D1 state championships and being named D1 player of the year the last two seasons. But Ced did it quietly, didn’t need his daddy boosting him up during press conferences didn’t need To go to half court and embarrass himself and his whole town by looking like a fool. Just played the game that he loved with his friends and did in a dominant fashion.

Ware and Crockett were amazing players no doubt. They also had a great supporting cast around them. IMO it really comes down to how long were you a top tier player. I don’t recall hearing crockett or ware name until they were juniors. Please no disrespect to them. In that regard I think as of now Grayson trump them. Looking ahead though the Reed kid from Gordon will be in the top tier for 4 years I think. Supporting cast always make you look better. I know I’ve seen some athlete play that I thought man if that kid just had some help.

Grayson trumped them as a freshman. No disrespect, but he didn't have the best supporting cast that some refer to.
He was a beast as a freshman for sure we played them in Strawn, he was legit. My point is people don’t have to advertise for him just let him play the game and he will get his recognition is all BS that come with the situation that puts a sour taste in everyone’s mouth

As a freshman he was as good as I’ve seen as far as putting up numbers since Etheridge. Another name nobody talks much about was Lance and Logan Morris from Ira, they both made huge impacts as freshmen and I know Lance has the Most Rushing yards of all time and was a great defender as well.

Why do you keep talking about the kid then? Does a upcoming junior and his dad live that rent-free in your head? You're literally talking smack about his dad/coach... You ask @Mike to "shut it down" even while you keep reiterating or making assumptions. Now I'm waiting... @Mike shut it down.
Grayson Rigdon is in Benjamin, TX. I hope this helps.

Shouldve went B2B, Crockett busted his knee against Rankin before the championship. Still looked like the best player on the field at 70%

Back