Top teams D1 and D2 2023

You're right. Cohen is a star "in the making". Hes very athletic, hungry, wants to prove something. What he doesnt have, TEs size, strength, arm as a freshman nor speed or quickness. Along with a very experienced team to align with, to bring him up. CE will have to prove a lot next year but he will get better week after week.
I believe that if, both as Freshmen,TE and CE were lined up and run for 40 yds, CE would win by a couple of steps. If run for 80 yds, CE would win by 8!

Loraine is going to have something to say who makes it to State. They have some fast and hard hitters returning. Some really good Juniors that had limited playing time last year because most games were over early. Dee will be hard to replace but there are several that will step up and get after it.
I know they have a Freshman that is really talented and some say he is just a step behind Senior All State AJ Williams already. Maybe the fastest team in Div II.

Loraine is going to have something to say who makes it to State. They have some fast and hard hitters returning. Some really good Juniors that had limited playing time last year because most games were over early. Dee will be hard to replace but there are several that will step up and get after it.
I know they have a Freshman that is really talented and some say he is just a step behind Senior All State AJ Williams already. Maybe the fastest team in Div II.
If Loraine is good this season then the Sept 29 game with Benjamin should be a must see contest. Newcastle is the other top team in D2.

The only Richland player that scored on Cherokee last year doesn’t even return. I believe he was kicked off the team for having a horrible attitude… or maybe he quit 🥲 either way Cherokee returns a lot of speed with both running backs returning, and possibly a few new names that are going to be some absolute playmakers. Don’t forget the score last year was 78-47 and not even close after halftime. cherokee ran the clock out in the 4th quarter. Depending on a freshman just because his last night is Ethridge 🤓 yeah we saw how a lot of pressure on that name played out last year… couldn’t live up to the hype

The only Richland player that scored on Cherokee last year doesn’t even return. I believe he was kicked off the team for having a horrible attitude… or maybe he quit 🥲 either way Cherokee returns a lot of speed with both running backs returning, and possibly a few new names that are going to be some absolute playmakers. Don’t forget the score last year was 78-47 and not even close after halftime. cherokee ran the clock out in the 4th quarter. Depending on a freshman just because his last night is Ethridge 🤓 yeah we saw how a lot of pressure on that name played out last year… couldn’t live up to the hype
He wasn't "kicked off" or quit the team. He was suspended for the1st half against Rochelle the following week.

Oglesby will prove the doubter’s wrong with what Dixon has done going into his 4th season .See y’all in December..All he has done is steady build this team ready for a deep run…Size,depth and speed…
Oglesby hasn't made any noise in the playoffs since the 1960's so I have to wait and see if they can advance past Cherokee or Richland Springs. Do get me wrong, we need to see other teams advancing in the east occasionally.

who plays the transfer game the best this year hiding from the uil board rules, teams are stacking right now so i cant say who will win this year and or what is going to happen until the first day of school
You do realize UIL does not get involved in transfers unless the DEC denies eligibility and the eligibility is then appealed to UIL. It's my understanding the all transfers go through the DEC and they review PAPF. If the previous school doesn't fight the transfer for athletic purposes, they are pretty much rubber stamped through the DEC.

Real Cheesy. I completely agree with your hindsight assessment of last year. Where was Cherokee since 01 before last season.? Crickets. They did have a good team last year I expected them to go further but like you mentioned on another matter, they folded like a lawn chair when it counted, and I will add they will still be decent this year no doubt. But do hold you’re boasting on the Indians from one win please though lol.

Telling a 14 year old he’s not going to be able to live up to the hype just seems real corny to me. Feel free to root for who you want and make your predictions, but just remember you’re talking about kids . It’s easier to be disrespectful behind a keyboard. Thanks for the bulletin board material. Good-luck to all this season .

Oglesby hasn't made any noise in the playoffs since the 1960's so I have to wait and see if they can advance past Cherokee or Richland Springs. Do get me wrong, we need to see other teams advancing in the east occasionally.
Ole Tex just to clarify. Does that statement still count when strawn is in the east.?😂

Back