Top teams D1 and D2 2023

Real Cheesy. I completely agree with your hindsight assessment of last year. Where was Cherokee since 01 before last season.? Crickets. They did have a good team last year I expected them to go further but like you mentioned on another matter, they folded like a lawn chair when it counted, and I will add they will still be decent this year no doubt. But do hold your boasting on the Indians from one win please though lol.
Where was Richland before 01? Crickets. I get living in the past is fun. You probably wear your letter jacket around the house when no one’s looking, but the topic is best D1/D2 schools this year. So, hold your boasting on the coyotes until your transfers are approved.

Where was Richland before 01? Crickets. I get living in the past is fun. You probably wear your letter jacket around the house when no one’s looking, but the topic is best D1/D2 schools this year. So, hold your boasting on the coyotes until your transfers are approved.
😂 RS was mostly getting beat up in 11man and the most part of their sixman up bringing. No crickets from me. On that I never boasted on the Present coyotes at all. Frankly they have not been very good the last 2 years. I wouldn’t boast unless they make it to the semifinals atleast. I might go look for those letter jackets though that sounds like a good idea.

FYI, for those who think that RS just recently fell off the turnip wagon, they were making some noise before 01.
For a few years, RS barely fielded a team.
1994, got beat in the playoffs by StateFinalist Milford.
1995, won District but had one player on the roster whose paperwork was incomplete, so third place team went.
1996, beat in playoffs by Zephyr, who was beaten by State Champ Gordon.
1997, edged out in playoffs by Mullin, who was beaten by State Finalist Panther Creek.
1998, beat in bidistrict.
1999, State Semifinals, beaten by State Champion Gordon.
2000, third in district to perennial powerhouse at the time Cherokee, and State Champion P.C.
2001, State Finalist

Same thing applies to Oakwood. Always has the talent and the potential but never lasts long in the playoffs. Newcastle should dominate D2 this season regardless of what Benjamin has.
???

2018-State Semis
2019-Stare Quarters
2020-Covid
2021-bi-District
2022-State Quarters
2023-State Semis

Just Saying. Lol

???

2018-State Semis
2019-Stare Quarters
2020-Covid
2021-bi-District
2022-State Quarters
2023-State Semis

Just Saying. Lol
Like I mentioned before, Oakwood is a pretender not a contender. Great talent maybe the coach needs some help? Milford suffered the same situation in the past.

Ole Tex just to clarify. Does that statement still count when strawn is in the east.?😂
Doesn't matter what Strawn does, Oglesby would have to win several playoff games to play Strawn if Strawn was still in the east. Obviously the strength of D2 is in the west and I don't see Strawn getting past Newcastle twice. If Oglesby has a breakout year and wins out it is good for Sixman football.

Premier 12 Man? Don't you have to move to Canada to play 12 man football? Obviously the kid is a heck of an athlete but at 5'9 (UIL Basketball State program) does he fit the profile of a DI athlete?

Bet this UIL proposal came from someone associated with 6-man community: j. A proposal to prohibit coaches from coaching their own child at the school they are employed!!!
No he doesn’t the chances of him shining in 11 man are slim to none. There was another coaches son tried that transition a few years ago and it went about how you expect. I’ve had friends make it to D1 from 5A/6A and a couple from 2A/3A but the chances at a 2A/3A are so slim I doubt someone as small as him could make it. He definitely has the chance to make it in D2 but my guess is his football playing days will end with high school for him.

No he doesn’t the chances of him shining in 11 man are slim to none. There was another coaches son tried that transition a few years ago and it went about how you expect. I’ve had friends make it to D1 from 5A/6A and a couple from 2A/3A but the chances at a 2A/3A are so slim I doubt someone as small as him could make it. He definitely has the chance to make it in D2 but my guess is his football playing days will end with high school for him.
1: Barry Sanders 5ft 8
2: Darren Sproles 5ft 6
3: Deuce Vagun- 5ft 5
4: Tavon Austin 5ft 8
5: Wes Welker 5ft 9

1: Barry Sanders 5ft 8
2: Darren Sproles 5ft 6
3: Deuce Vagun- 5ft 5
4: Tavon Austin 5ft 8
5: Wes Welker 5ft 9
Please don’t compare him to these guys .don’t do that to yourself for the love haha. Wes Welker was by far the slowest of these guys at a 4.65. I watched track last year he doesn’t have Elite speed but no means.

Please don’t compare him to these guys .don’t do that to yourself for the love haha. Wes Welker was by far the slowest of these guys at a 4.65. I watched track last year he doesn’t have Elite speed but no means.
Mainly I was comparing him because of size. I know he’s not on those guys level. But height/weight wise he’s right there with them

Back