Top 30 teams after week3

I understand how these ranking systems work for the most part, and you are obviously working out a few kinks here and there, but when the system you have spit out the rankings the last two weeks you had to know they weren't even close, and there were some things that needed to be evaluated and plugged back in to maybe be finally be somewhat accurate in the third or fourth week. But to those who don't understand the concept of how a ranking system works and don't take into consideration past weeks match ups and spreads and the week before that and so forth, and think since their home team who has 45ed three teams in a row that have all been 45ed by every team they have played should be ranked Nmbr 1!! Your system will have no credibility with those people for sure even if it is perfected and picks every spread and every winner and state champion from next week til 2020, maybe u shoulda waited until it put out some rankings that were in the ball park before posting them, thus saving a little credibility from atleast a few much less the vast mojority.

Pete I agree that Lucas has a good football team, But I to was at one of there games, and when they played high point the game was hard played and the calls or lack of calls had a major impact on the game. The word coming out of Lucas camp was three kids had concussion and one a lazerated kidney. High point did not make the top 30, and thats ok because the last time I checked the only thing that matters is were are you ranked after the last game is played. I know the coach at high point and all he teaches is win one game at a time. and work to get better each week.

I love fajitapetes rankings...sum adjusting needed but we are nxt to Abbott and still over aquilla...nothing like having cowboyp infuriated over rankings.

David1995":10bboxfn said:
I love fajitapetes rankings...sum adjusting needed but we are nxt to Abbott and still over aquilla...nothing like having cowboyp infuriated over rankings.
David eventually you'll realize that I just enjoy complaining about rankings. I'm working on my own ranking system & I complain about it too. It doesn't matter what Aquilla is ranked, I'll still find something to gripe about. If someone ranks them #1 I'll gripe about them being over ranked. I just enjoy using my Big Wooden Spoon.

I still don't see where HHR&WPC&SWW is ranked. I'm told quite frequently we are a pretty rank bunch.
For the record we are 0-0-3. course we are still just scrimmaging ourselves. Coach says the guys are really starting to show potential. I had to have a talk with him after our last game. He tried to run the score up on himself. He didn't talk to himself for a few days after that but he apologized to himself and now everything is back to normal.

smokeyjoe53":3k0vivb7 said:
I still don't see where HHR&WPC&SWW is ranked. I'm told quite frequently we are a pretty rank bunch.
For the record we are 0-0-3. course we are still just scrimmaging ourselves. Coach says the guys are really starting to show potential. I had to have a talk with him after our last game. He tried to run the score up on himself. He didn't talk to himself for a few days after that but he apologized to himself and now everything is back to normal.
Smokey, aren't you the coach?

Tomball Christian Homeschool 65 Emery Weiner 64.... on their home field. One of the greatest six man games Ive ever watched in 28 years of watching 6 man football. A great game.. should shoot TCHS up the rankings! Great game!

granger":1jqrdt0m said:
Hey Pete

You inhale, you are an idiot and you have no heart. How could you possibly not have my team in your rankings ahead of that team I hate whose coach stole our dog!

Welcome to the club.

I think it was the wine . . .

granger":ia6xm8xa said:
Hey Pete

You inhale, you are an idiot and you have no heart. How could you possibly not have my team in your rankings ahead of that team I hate whose coach stole our dog!

Welcome to the club.

You forgot to add that all the guys wearing black and white inhale also. They always root for the team yours is playing against too.

I guess the only way to get borden co. above odonnell is for BC to beat up on odonnell. There will be no game over at half, they wont want it too. BC will play all game long beating and bruising them ,letting their jv have some fun with them.

Old_dirty_D":3bp64xdf said:
Your system is a complete failure... Do us all a favor, and stop putting them online.. Keep your day job Fajita

wow 4 whole post and I'm one of them , doesn't get any better than this.. Stay tuned for the week 4 extract so far I'm avg 74.56378 percent correct but it needs to be above 80 . . .

Well Fajita Pete, my favorite school isn't in the top 30, but I like your picks. Rankings are fun, but they don't make a hill of beans in the end. Thankfully, we don't have to be one of the top two ranked teams after the regular season to be champion (NCAA FBS).

I view the rankings as great incentive for the teams not on them or not #1. Yours provide another alternative, another option for everyone. I like the mix of private and public.

Keep it going!

txcowboy,

Seriously, You are saying Tomball Home School should be ranked high because they beat Houston Emery Weiner by one point 65-64....

I honestly think (believe) there are several schools that will BLOW Emery Weiner OUT OF THE WATER...

1. Bulverde Bracken SMASHED THEM 58-8............. FACT
2. Dallas The Covenant will do the same
3. Austin Hill Country will do the same thing to them
4. Abilene Christian will 45 them as well, just as bad as Bracken did
5. Fredericksburg heritage would beat them by 25
6. Dickinson Pine Drive would beat them by 12-20

I say these 6 because these are 6 LEGIT TAPPS Schools with GREAT COACHES, NOT OK DAD'S COACHING or good coaches..... THESE ARE COACHES THAT CAN ACTUALLY COACH....AND THEY ARE GOOD AT IT....

So take it easy on these rankings and your complaining... THIS IS SOME GUY THAT IS JUST HAVING FUN WITH THIS and you guys are getting all bent out of shape..

If ANY of your teams are ALL THAT.... THEN GO OUT AND WIN YOUR DIVISION(S) STATE.. TITLE

I don't comment on these type of board topics, but I will chime in here. Wonder Dog you're more than welcome to your opinion. But unless you have seen either Tomball Christian or Emery-Weiner play it isn't very valid. Tomball Christian is a good team that played us hard and pulled out the win by 1. I don't but much stock in this whole computer formula ranking system and point spread. You line up and play the game. The only fact you stated is Bulverde Bracken handed it to us. Best sixman team I've seen in person in years and I've coached against some very talented Northside and Milford teams back in the day. It's a long season ahead and my boys will improve. I can tell you this isn't a group of dads coaching at Emery-Weiner. We have extensive playing and coaching experience. We maximize our population of kids ability. Our schedule still has several challenges ahead we look forward to. I won't speak on your list of teams you think would beat us because we don't play them. But don't be fooled by our two losses if you never seen us play a game. They came against two of the best teams in the state in their respective leagues/divisions as their each 4-0. Both will be very hard to beat come playoff time. Teams better bring their A+ game and not their C, B, or even A- game to beat them at their best. Like I said I will only speak on teams I've seen and the team I coach.

Back