Top 30 teams after week3

EastTxCoach,

I don't put much stock into the rankings either but Tomball Home School is no ordinary 6-man football program.
Any time you can put 40 kids on a team IS NOT SIX-MAN FOOTBALL...

Most (some) sixman schools have 25 or less, NOT 40...
You give a team like Richland Springs, T-Rock or even a legit private school 40 kids; they would be a power house program as well for a VERY LONG TIME....

I wish you well on your season, but once again, Txcowboy got on here boasting how tomball home school & emery weiner should be ranked (which don't mean nothing at all) and all I said was I can probably name off 6 schools that should be ranked in front of both of you..

2 teams for sure... 58-8 loss to Bracken speaks for itself.
second, Austin Hill Country lost to Bracken by 20 (68-48) and Emery-Weiner lost by 50...
WHICH ONCE AGAIN,
two private schools with LEGIT (BON-A-FIDE) coaches who has built programs.

I do agree, rankings on here means nothing.
Like I said in my previous post... GO WIN YOUR DIVISION STATE TITLE, ... THEN COME ON HERE AND BOAST HOW GOOD YOU ARE....

You will win your independent division & Tomball Home School may get by Waco Live Oak in the T-CAL Div. I

Wonder Dog,

I agree Bulverde Bracken and Austin Hill Country are established programs and we at Emery-Weiner are working to build programs you mentioned. Bulverde Bracken is a outstanding team. I give Coach Fields and his team credit. They lined up and out played us. We know we didn't give them our best game, and would love to play them when we did. That game combined with the Tomball game will make our program better. The majority of our boysthis year are just becoming accustomed to playing in games like those. Can't help but make you better down the stretch to reach our goals as a team. We finished in Granger's top 25 last year to end the season time will tell where we end up in 2011.

just to clarify wonder dog's mistake on the board

tomball christian warriors DO NOT have 40 on their Varsity Roster -

Emery Weiner and Tomball teams Friday night played an unbelievable game - both played
with incredible talent on both sides - with character, integrity and preserverance --things that obviously matter
to both of these teams.....

EastTxCoach,

Now that I do agree with, playing better teams makes you better for the long haul.. You are 100% correct there.
Just curious though, What long haul (playoffs) are you preparing for, You are a TAPPS Independent... There is no TAPPS Playoffs for Independent teams.

ForHisGlory,

I never said the game was an awful game between Emery-Tomball Home School.
I'm sure a 65-64 game was an exciting game to be apart of.

ALL I"M SAYING IS:
Neither team (Emery or Tomball) would beat the following schools:
1. Bulverde Bracken...........alread by proven
2. Austin Hill Country..........the score test
3. Abilene Christian
4. Dallas The Covenant

THATS WHAT I'm SAYING...

We can get all fiesty if we want but it's the truth: BELIEVE IT OR NOT:

TAPPS D-I Top 5:
1 Bulverde Bracken Christian 3-0 278.92 5.96
2 Dallas The Covenant 3-0 267.27 5.92
3 Austin Hill Country 1-2 263.30 5.54
4 Abilene Christian 3-0 259.31 3.89
5 Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills 3-0 243.72 -0.13

Public School D-I Top 5:
1 Throckmorton 3-0 297.10 1.17
2 Ira 3-0 290.88 9.93
3 Rankin 3-0 287.36 6.57
4 Valley 2-1 285.27 7.31
5 Borden County 2-1 276.14 0.03

Until private schools can beat top tiered public schools on a somewhat regular basis, they will never be thought of as "equal" with the public schools.

I don't care how Pete has them ranked. Privates just aren't in the same class as good public school programs.

tomball christian homeschool doesnt have fourty players they have 25 and so does emery wiener,it was a good game they both had a starting defense and offense and all but 1 or 2 only played both sides,they were both going at eachother for four quarters it was what six man is all about and right now id put tomball against anybody

Tomball Home School
vs.
Throckmorton

PART II

Be careful what you wish for.... Sometimes, it becomes a nightmare..... WE ALL REMEMBER WHAT T-ROCK DID TO TOMBALL HOME SCHOOL in 2010

So How would ya'll think Live oak would fair against T-rock? Its obvious they can hang with some of the public schools.
Or maybe how would they do against other private school teams like Covenant, Braken, or Tamball??

The only prob I see is none. There is no importance
In a ranking system, all those numbers do is get people mad
I'm a fuzz over an opinion. You all will see true rankings after dec is over.

Bighits123":24q4s5jx said:
This is probably the most astute post I've seen on here in a long time.
I just bloated my post count.

Well, Pete -

I just saw the Week 3 rankings from on the guy doing his version of the toy, and I have to say that yours is much better than his.

When's Week 4 coming out? This Week 3 stuff is getting old.

Bighits123":2e52rz3b said:
Rankings serve a purpose. They give us something to talk/debate/gripe/brag about.
They can also be used to antagonize others. The rankings are a great boredom reliever!

CowboyP":1lb6m8yv said:
Bighits123":1lb6m8yv said:
Rankings serve a purpose. They give us something to talk/debate/gripe/brag about.
They can also be used to antagonize others. The rankings are a great boredom reliever!

If it wasn't for the rankings, all anyone could do is whine about the refs screwing their favorite team on any given Friday night. I think Pete and Granger are getting a kickback from the refs. :)

oldfat&bald":1egtn46x said:
If it wasn't for the rankings, all anyone could do is whine about the refs screwing their favorite team on any given Friday night. I think Pete and Granger are getting a kickback from the refs. :)

People complain about the refs for good reason. Not that they show up siding for one team or another (except for one ref who, thankfully stopped officiating 6-man), but sometimes the outright stupidity of their calls deserves the complaints they draw.

I would like to be a referee but I don't fit the minimum requirements. My parents were married to each other.
steampunk_referee.jpg

Back