Penelope 87.52
Strawn 86.51
Miami 86.19
Dallas The Covenant 85.41
Borden County 84.16
Fort Davis 83.92
Walnut Springs 83.83
Aquilla 83.43

I hope the ratings start their corrections in the next two weeks.

Bulverde Braken Christian ranked #7? Abilene Christian ranked several spots above Valley?

For accuracy's sake - Week 3 games are going to be played tonight.

No love for the private schools??? Lucas & Azle should be in the top 30. Lucas has speed, strength & size. I have watched both teams & am not affiliated with either in any way. I understand the perception of public schools. What do I know, I have coached for 18 years including a 5A playoff team.

It doesn't matter if the school is public or private. Give credit where it's due. Overall all public schools tend to be better, but that's not always the case. There are some very good private school teams.
Let's not beat a dead horse. The issue here is - PETE'S RANKINGS ARE OFF! Lol!

rainjacktx":14x1kdap said:
I hope the ratings start their corrections in the next two weeks.

Bulverde Braken Christian ranked #7? Abilene Christian ranked several spots above Valley?

For accuracy's sake - Week 3 games are going to be played tonight.

Ok, for you, after 3 weeks of play , , ,

im i think you got apples oranges plumbs and pears on your list. separate them then try again and i think you will be alot closer. good luck

coachtim":3jzzue65 said:
No love for the private schools??? Lucas & Azle should be in the top 30. Lucas has speed, strength & size. I have watched both teams & am not affiliated with either in any way. I understand the perception of public schools. What do I know, I have coached for 18 years including a 5A playoff team.

Coachtim, I could start off with some pithy comment on how 5A football is so similar to 6man, but we all know there are a few minor differences. . . But I think I will address where and why he two schools are at currently.
Overall ranking All Teams UIL to independents the system has Azle Christian at 49th and Lucas Christian at 47th.
I had to start somewhere when determining a power rating for all teams, and I had limited knowledge of most of the non-uil teams. My major source of info was Dave Campbell’s football mag. So I start with a power ranking and compared to each team they face. The out come infers that the ranking must be to high , just right, or to low and I make an adjustment for the next week. It should get better if the teams are better than I gave them credit for.
Lucas started 26.53 -> 45.49 -> 52.49 ->75.17
Week 0 Lucas wasn’t the fav but won + 18.96
Week 1 Luca was fav and exceeded the margin predicted + 7
Week 2 Lucas wasn’t the fav but won + 22.68

The amount of change is determined by how different the delta between forecast and actual margin of victory. A team can actually lose and go up in power. Say team a has a 20 rating and they play team b with a 120, the margin should be around 100 points but if the game ends with team b winning by 1 point the adjustment is
1. Team is is much better than a 20 they go up
2. Team b isn’t as good as a 120 they go down

As the weeks go by, the power rate for a team should move towards a rate that is consistent with the opponents and the forecast margin should approximate the actual margin. Only question I have is why I started Lucas at 26.53 that is an arbitrary choice I made based on something from July. If I had started them at a 70 then they would most likely be ranked up around 100 and in the top 10.

What I plan to do after this weeks games is to take the new power rankings and go back and plug them into the starting powers and run the games forward, this should adjust the rankings to be pretty close to accurate.

Hope this helps explain what the system is supposed to be doing.

the prob with this as i see is where they start. the factors you cant figure are injury , sick, grades etc etc etc the numbers are to small to make the assumptions you are using.
i do applaud your efforts but i do challenge your results based upon the data and opinion and the schedules up and or down

kbjoe1":1e32uory said:
the prob with this as i see is where they start. the factors you cant figure are injury , sick, grades etc etc etc the numbers are to small to make the assumptions you are using.
i do applaud your efforts but i do challenge your results based upon the data and opinion and the schedules up and or down

fair enough, pick a couple of teams and I'll follow the power for them from week 0 to date and look for where iI might be missing,
and I'll post here

That list is missing one very good team...Tomball Christian Homeschool! They are methodically taking out every team they are playing, and have a huge clash tonight with Houston Emery Weiner. 4-0 after tonight!

Hey Pete

You suck, you are an idiot and you have no heart. How could you possibly not have my team in your rankings ahead of that team I hate whose coach stole our dog!

Welcome to the club.

Back