Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

I am reading this post as an outsider and agree with most people that Tioga should have played the game unless the refs did something crazy like punch a kid or hold a gun to their head; Otherwise, you play the game and see what happens in the second half. It seems like the United States, as a society, cannot handle losing with class and dignity like we did even ten years ago.

I am going to tell this story not to make myself look good but to illustrate to all the "cry babies" out there that you can channel an official's "stupidity" to your advantage. Someone, I think rainjax, said the refs usually call the game poorly both ways. This is my experience, and it is particularly true in sixman since so many of the rules are different than 11man and officiating chapters often send the rookies to sixman games.

Case in point, I went to Lohn High School and graduated in 2008. During the 2007 football season, my senior year, we played Rochelle in Lohn. I will argue you with anyone to this day that the 2007 Rochelle Hornets win the State Title if not for Richland Springs (the Tyler Ethridge Coyotes who won state) and Calvert. Anyways, they were INSANELY good and neither side wanted to lose the "McCulloch County Championship Game."

Recap of the Game Quickly:
*it was really close early on, we were up 14-12, and tied at 20-20 at one point.
*Rochelle scored 3 TDs right at the end of the 2nd half. Lohn was down 40-20 at half.
*Lohn made the playoffs that year and almost beat Gustine in the second round; we were a decent D2 but could not compete depth wise with Rochelle.
*With 2:00 left in the 4th quarter, the score was Rochelle 66, Lohn 28.
*Needless to say, the Lohn Eagles were tired at this point.

READ THIS PANSIES: We punted to them on a 4th down with not much time left in the game. Their stud returns the punt, makes a guy miss, and is about to score a touchdown to end the game via the 45 point mercy rule. Anyone who has ever played 6man knows you do not want to get 45ed late in the 4th because people will not realize how long the game lasted, and I think we beat Granger's spread by not getting 45ed.

Anyways, I realized that the refs would religiously call block in the back on ANY spread play where the upbacks tried to crack/block/get in the way of the rushers. I see Rochelle's stud about to score and know I cannot catch him. What do I do? I see one of their guys messing with one of our guys out of the play, so I run over there, start backpedaling at 5 yards, and just fall on the ground. The officials call block in the back, Rochelle gets the ball after the penalty, marches the ball down the field, and takes a knee on the last play of the game because they said we "proved ourselves" to them.

Here is my point pansies: NEVER give up! I am more proud of the fact that Rochelle did not 45 us than 45ing the bad teams. Both Lohn and Rochelle ended up having good years in D1 and D2, but losing to Gustine by 6 or Calvert by 19 is not the kind of stuff that helps you in life. What helps you in life is never giving up when Rochelle is about to 45 you and there is nothing you can do about it.

Tioga was up 20-14 at half! Tioga Defense took over the 2nd quarter. Look at the stats, especially the penalties! You don't know unless you were there! Good luck to all and hope for our kids to stay safe and healthy!

Hahaha penalties are called by officials when they see them. An arrogant leader will always make excuses when things don't start going his way. I witnessed Tioga's first game of the year and they got every conceivable call that they could but other team didn't quit. The only Tioga coach who interacted with the home team head coach after the game was their baseball coach. So if class and sportsmanship are supposed to be taught start with the classless Tioga coaching staff

Elease5412":35iq0jug said:
Tioga was up 20-14 at half! Tioga Defense took over the 2nd quarter. Look at the stats, especially the penalties! You don't know unless you were there! Good luck to all and hope for our kids to stay safe and healthy!

I thought your coach quit at halftime because he feared for the safety of his players. Sounds like maybe that wasn't the main reason he violated UIL rules.

Haha? I see your still bitter about the 45 you took. And it wasn't the way the game stared to go, it was the way the whole 1st half was. Thesa scored first, then Tioga answered, then dominated the 2nd quarter. Not sure about the coaching reactions after that game, but I can say I have seen nothing but respect and great group of coaches that I'm glad my son is with daily. See y'all in playoffs, or at least you will see the Bulldogs!

Good luck on your playoff chances. The UIL DOES NOT look with any favor on a coach who violates his signed code of conduct for ANY reason. The administration and coaches from both side as well as the officials will file reports and you can guess the two that won't be favorable to Tioga. The uil has a history of punishing schools who violate the rules they signed and agreed to enforce. It's a mandatory public reprimand and possible forfeiture of all games and ban from post season and probation. So your arrogance is just like the coaches. Good luck with your case. You're going to need it!!!

When you knowingly and willingly withdraw your team from a contest in protest it's a violation of contest rules and regulations. You should check out the DEC HANDBOOK and read it. You keep making the point it was officiating and you were ahead.. if that's not a protest give me an example! You can appeal the DEC DECIDION TO the state executive committee but good luck on that. The officials I'm sure will file your coaches interactions with them which I doubt will be favorable and that is in it's self an enhancement to the class B violation. As is the failure to greet the opposing coach following the contest. (Which you will argue he didn't because he left) another enhancement so the DEC's I've been a part of will probably view this a lot more serious than you think it is. good luck with your arrogance

If your comments About his conversation with a UIL REP is true and a UIL representative said that then get ready for mass forfeits when a coach deems his players safety is at risk. BEING A PRIVATE SCHOOL THEY PLAYED ISN't relevent

Sounds to me that superjrj is a little salty still. I am also glad you were at this game to give us your knowledgeable insight on what took place. Oh thats right. You were to busy watching your team get beat on their homecoming night. I am sure you have some excuse for that as well. So please next time before you spill your ignorance on a message board, get your facts straight and grow up.

Have not seen any comments from someone that was at the game. What if the coach did what he did to protect his young men from injury due to non calls or bad calls.. Too many too quick to judge the coach's motive and decision --so stand by.

So from what I'm understanding hypothetically speaking one team could score a touchdown due to opposing team fumbling the ball on a snap and turning it over on the 8-yard line putting that team ahead by one touchdown. Coach could decide he doesn't like the way the game is going at the half pack his boys up and go home with no repercussions due to it not being a district game.

For all those speculating I called the UIL yesterday morning and today received an email response to my questions:

"Teams are allowed to forfeit games if they chose. Tioga submitted an incident report to the UIL, explaining the situation. Tioga is not required to do anything else other than count this forfeit as a loss on their season record. The UIL will not take any further action. There are other instances of teams forfeiting for various reasons, the UIL does not have a record of the number of games forfeited per season."

So you are saying that he did not violate the coaches code of conduct by removing his team from a contest? I find that hard to believe that the UIL PERMITS THIS. You can get ready for several more of theses to occur if that's what the UIL permits whom did you get the email from and do you have it to share by posting online for everyone to see

Still trying to figure out why superjr is still making comments. If you are so dang concerned why don't you call UIl yourself and have it explained to you. You seem to not understand what you are exactly reading in the coaches code of conduct. The only person I see with bad sportsmanship is you. You are either living on the district championship you won twenty years ago or you are the wife of a coach who is salty because Tioga 45 yall at the beginning of the year. Either way get over it and move on. Worry more about yall making it past district and less about your past failures.

Back