Tioga Forfeits at Half Because of Bad Officiating???

rainjacktx":3guorlc4 said:
To all the folks crying to have this lock d or deleted: what is forcing you to click on the topic? Or even worse, what compels you to participate in this thread? Regardless of your eveidently overly sensitive sensibilities, this is kind of a big story and deserves the discussion it is getting.

Since you are obviously the topic conscience, tell me why this topic needs to continue? What purpose does it serve now? Nothing can or will be solved in this topic. All it has become is a trashing of Tioga and their staff.

I have no conscience. What is the point of any thread on any message board? I've never heard of a team quitting at halftime because of bad officiating. Call me the 'conscience of this thread', but I think it's worthy of discussion.

FCSA football":3jy2wma5 said:
In 1985 I was coaching a game that had turned into a cross between Roller Derby and Championship Wrestling.
At half time I went to talk about the lack of penalties for late hits, unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct, and expressed my opinion that the game was out of control.The two officals looked at each other and then me and said "Hey coach, let the boys be boys, lighten up". With only a little over two minutes gone in the third quarter, we were on our way to another score when my half back was hit out of bounds, over by the bench. Even after all these years I can still see that play and it still haunts me. The result of that late unnecessary hit was catastrophic. The resulting injury ended a very talented athletes' football season, it also ended his entire athletic career. He still walks with a slight limp.
I wish that I would have had the courage to forfeit the game and take my kids home.

As I said in my earlier post, I wish I would have had the courage to forfeit back then. A star athlete's leg was destroyed, along with his entire career. I was too young to buck the system, and for that I am forever sorry.
It was entirely unnecessary and I could have prevented it by refusing to come out in the second half.

I've got just one more comment or question. IF TIOGA DID NOT VIOLATE A RULE OR DO ANYTHING WRONGthen why did the submit a report to the UIL

wow, this thread is full of great intellectual debate but no one has figured out the obvious. Them Tioga boys were preparing for their byes in week 9 and 10. I reckon they decided to just play half games so they don't get overly prepared.

From what Ive been able to deduct from the discussions here is one or two have a beef with Tioga. Some making a mockery of rules intended to TEACH athletes fairness and authority by denial that rules were broken and some who make a mockery of the discussion with what they feel are funny cuter remarks. it's adults who supervise that have screwed up our society that it's ok do do what you want when you want. and by the aforementioned comments they teaching another generation the same. It's a shame that the truth will probably never be know!

This old dead horse is sure gettin' beat down............ hey, it happened. Some are upset, some defend it. ....... the only fact we can be sure of is that nothing that's said on this site is going to change what happened.........

granger":3h9ar5k8 said:
Several things here:

Until we hear something, we can all speculate until the cows come home and that's just fine.

I honestly believe that unless the DEC takes this up (and I can see reasons to both do this and not do this), nothing is going to happen. The reason being that they were playing a private school. Had this been a public v public, I am guessing the other school would immediate call the DEC and file a report with the UIL.

There's a lot to peel back on this onion.

How about this, IF the officiating was so atrocious, what will be the TASO response to this? Has Tioga reported their story (I assume so) and does it somewhat match what THESA says? If so, we have a situation where officials should be suspended. In the very least, when something like this happens, I would expect/hope/dream TASO would investigate.

also, Superjrj's team never loses. trust me.

I know this this issue has been beat into the ground and there's a lot of speculation but hopefully I can put a period on it. The administration of Tioga did what they felt was best for their boys and THESA bears no ill will. We wish the best for the Bulldogs the rest of the 2017 season. As to the referees, after reviewing the game film, we feel the TASO refs made proper calls throughout the half and did a good job. From our perspective this a non-issue as we are focusing forward toward making the 2017 TAIAO Division I playoffs.

Back