The debate is over

Absolutely agree. Smith might look like the best when he’s on the field with little competition but you put him up against someone like Crockett and you sure tell the difference. Congratulations on an awesome win McLean. Much deserved for sure.

How i see it is the cocket kid is good and the smith kid is good but guys it takes a team to win it all not one player. Them boys can’t do what they do with out blocking and somebody can give them the ball. So give the team credit. McLean y’all are state champs.

What a game that was. It played just like how I though it would be Milford kept it close but Mclean just wore down Smith and that physicality that they have was just too much. Taron is a great player and he was the key to their offensive being as good as they are. The other players on Milford team are all great athletes, they just didn't live up to the rare breed of athletes that they were portrayed. Either way they are great players and it showed that they left it all on the field. Conngrats to Both teams. Mclean is a powerhouse and the crockett kid is a beast. Both teams should be very happy they go to represent their town and schools on the biggest stage.

I have to admit that Taron Smith shocked me against the McLean defense. I thought for sure that if they frustrated him that he would commit a lot more mental mistakes. Still, he kept them in the game and his arm strength and speed are truly impressive. Ben Crockett on the other hand, looks like a TE and has unbelievable speed and stamina. Both boys are freaks of nature! I hope both those boys get a chance at the next level. I would love for UT to recruit them! That would make my millennium! Congratulations to both teams. They truly left it all on the field.

Crockett showed who the best player in SixMan is. No debate. The game was over early 3rd quarter when Crockett ran over Tyrone for a TD. Tyrone gave up. I will give props to Schrote, that is a football player.

Even announcers said MILFORD player gave up on first long touchdown . Lots of messages said McLean Dominated big hits was way more physical. Who knows maybe next year they will meet again?

Milford was a great opponent and made McLean play longer and harder than they had all year! It was a challenging win and I just believe McLean had more HEART and TOUGHNESS than Milford. That’s not to say Milford didn’t have either, because I believe they did! They just didn’t have as much as McLean today! I’ve said it all year, teams can NOT last a full game with us! We physically demoralize teams and it takes a toll. Milford was fast and physical and Taron is one hell of a player, no doubt about it. I’ll still take Crockett and the McLean boys anyday! I hope to be back next year!

Just to post my 2 cents.

Hats off to McLean!! Demonstrated why they are easily the best 6-man team in the state.

Wasn’t sure any athlete in 6-man was more impressive than Ta’Ron before this game, but #20 (Ben Crocket) proved me wrong. Size, speed, and grit...I’d take him over Ta’Ron.
That run up the middle where he was knock backward by Milford’s nose guard (best hit of the game), but busted loose for a TD on what appeared to be the same play on the very next play. Kid is a beast, and I believe just a junior.

Crockett reminds me more of Walker Tippie or maybe Denim Reeves of RS, not TE. He was a Lot more elusive as opposed to run over you or breaking tackles though he could do those too. He could also sling the rock with the best of them.

Game went I like figured for the most part. Milford hung in there for quite a while. TaRon is a good ball player. Can throw the ball well. Would prolly be better suited on a crowded field. Was not about contact at all except for maybe one or two plays. Could be due to someone telling him not to take any shots and risk hurting himself but who knows. Anyways, am glad McLean showed the entire state that they are the best team in 1A. CONGRATS TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milford Insider and all others that think Taron was the best athletes on the field and in six-man this year. Wrong!!! He was maybe the third best athlete on the field and his brother might have pushed him to #4. If he would work on his attitude he might move to #2. He will make contact if it is forced on him. He made a couple of good tackles but he misses more than he made. Milford Insider, you have a lot of crow to eat so take a bite at a time and let the message board rest and try to gain a few friends for a change instead of making Milford Bulldog haters.

Back