That crazy ranking machine of Granger's

WV Backer

Six-man pro
I know it's just for fun and consternation. I know it doesn't matter one little bit in the big scheme of things. I know the games are won and lost on the field and that's why they play the games and every other cliche' you are wont to post at this point. However, riddle me this. Ira beats Rankin. Water Valley beats Rankin. Ira finishes undefeated. Water Valley finishes undefeated. Rankin has only two loses on the year, to the aforementioned teams. In the final poll of the year Rankin leapfrogs over BOTH these teams to claim the top spot. Thank god for the playoffs.

I'm glad you asked that Backer. I thought the same thing but figured it had something to do with long division, Laplace transforms, 3rd order polynomial equations, law of cosines, first order derivatives, or root locus. Ah.. I got it... it has to do with imaginary numbers.

GO WILDCATS!!

Over the years I have noticed a protocol that must be followed when questioning where your team is ranked. You did right in pointing out how you beat the team ranked above you. You must next point out that the team ranked above you really hasn't beaten any one of any consequence. Then, you must follow that up with the fact you can't find the town the team ranked above you is in on a road map. Finally, you must state that Mr Granger Sir and his rankings suck.

For your posts concerning the rankings to be effective, you must follow that protocol. Look at what it has done for Aquilla's rankings. :)

Valley's only loss this year was a three point squeaker to Throckmorton at Hico.

Ten weeks later, Throck has done nothing but take care of business and peel off 10 consecutive wins to Valley's 9, and Valley is ranked above the greyhounds.

Wv has not played tough teams lately, rankin 45'd two good teams, not saying they deserve to be higher than wv but that could be the reasoning behind the jump to first

Actually I'm pretty sure it has more to do with what the coyote_king says than anything else, even long division. Rankin is a very good team and they did beat the defending Champs as well as a tough Ft. Davis team (there goes point number two of OF&B's four point system) in the last couple of weeks. Still, just a little mystified is all. I'll get over it and so will the Wildcats... besides they're probably not even worried about rankings. I'm sure Coach Owens has 'em concentrating on the Ft. Davis Indians.

Earlier in the year I was pointing out the same thing for my team. They kept winning and they slipped in the poles. They are now 10-0 and they are back about where they were in week 5. Every one told me then to not worry about the rankings and just keep winning and the rankings will come up, including Mr. Granger. They did, back to week 5 levels, so the rankings don't mean that your team is going to beat someone or be better than someone else. That honor is saved for the field. I just hope that whoever wins the state championship will actually be ranked #1 at the end. It would look funny if the state champ was ranked #4 at the end of the season, strength of schedule held them back. lol.:)

coyote_king":3kvy7cgn said:
Rankings dont matter, rankin,ira,wv,bc, and sands r all equally talented, i just wanna c who comes out on top

equally talented
Tier 1
Rankin
Ira
WV

Small gap(easy now, I said small)

equally talented
Tier 2
BC
Sands

coyote_king was refering to those 5 teams from the west. I think they are all fantastic teams, just that there is a slight separation between them IMO. Valley or Throckmorton were not being discussed. But I would still put them in Tier 2.

you know we all should be happy to have the chance to see this many teams that are the true cream of 6man football. they usually are in differant parts of the state or there is just a few or even one ie rs.

oldfat&bald":3emr0ud4 said:
Over the years I have noticed a protocol that must be followed when questioning where your team is ranked. You did right in pointing out how you beat the team ranked above you. You must next point out that the team ranked above you really hasn't beaten any one of any consequence. Then, you must follow that up with the fact you can't find the town the team ranked above you is in on a road map. Finally, you must state that Mr Granger Sir and his rankings inhale.

For your posts concerning the rankings to be effective, you must follow that protocol. Look at what it has done for Aquilla's rankings. :)
Aquilla's ranking will be back where it belongs in a couple of weeks.

WV Backer":31tqvwdv said:
I know it's just for fun and consternation. I know it doesn't matter one little bit in the big scheme of things. I know the games are won and lost on the field and that's why they play the games and every other cliche' you are wont to post at this point. However, riddle me this. Ira beats Rankin. Water Valley beats Rankin. Ira finishes undefeated. Water Valley finishes undefeated. Rankin has only two loses on the year, to the aforementioned teams. In the final poll of the year Rankin leapfrogs over BOTH these teams to claim the top spot. Thank god for the playoffs.

Friieends, (Using my best Redneck Preacher voice)

Has Granger failed to give you the justice that you so rightly deserve in the rankings today?

Has he turned his back upon you in much the same way as Goob did when he made his way across the murky waters of Ellis Crossing bearing a jug of the magic football elixer, offering it to the “Golden Boys” of Richland but NOT offering it to the peckerwoods of Robert Lee, Water Valley or anywhere else for that matter?

Well, I am here to tell you now . . . fear not my brothers and sisters . . . for I bring you the word . . .yes, I bring you (shall I dare say) the truth.

Following the examples of those that have come before you and have that seen the light, do as THEY did and you too shall receive the gift from Granger.

Just send $19.95 to: Granger, %sixmanfootball.com . . . . and he will send you, ABOSOLUTELY FREE . . . a #1 ranking.

Yes friieends, you too can be atop the leaderboard of life (and in the polls) with just a minimal contribution, merely a small portion the price to an away game and feel the joy of knowing that you have the #1 ranked team in the state.

Now, can I get an amen and 2 hallelujahs?

(Offer not valid in New York, Alaska, Coke or Tom Green Counties.)

WV Backer":3qq6e8bt said:
yeah how is it that rankin is number one?

YES PREACHER ............TEACH EM ...............CLEANSE EM PREACHER...............OK I FREAKED MY WIFE OUT PREACHIN I MIGHT WANT TO STICK TO HYMNS

Back