Thanksgiving Truths in D1

Not taking a side, just some food for thought. The original rankings from the start of the season I'm sure have a lot of different factors taken into account. Abbott was a very good team last year and gave a good account of themselves in the playoffs. They started the year ranked fairly high and have gone undefeated so far. Their schedule may not be as challenging as most but I don't know that that qualifies as overrated.

Not taking a side, just some food for thought. The original rankings from the start of the season I'm sure have a lot of different factors taken into account. Abbott was a very good team last year and gave a good account of themselves in the playoffs. They started the year ranked fairly high and have gone undefeated so far. Their schedule may not be as challenging as most but I don't know that that qualifies as overrated.
Maybe not overrated but definitely under tested. Like I said previously I hope they are everything they say and more. I hope IC and Jonesboro are as well cause I’m telling ya the west has definitely been in battles all season. They know how to respond when punched in the mouth. That builds tons of character and trust in a team. Hard to beat talent, coaches, character, trust and belief. To be clear I’m not saying Abbott deliberately had an easy schedule we all get that scheduling is tuff. Districts are what they are, you either have talented teams or ya don’t. I think some people here think that some of us are disrespecting Abbott. Not the case at all. I say it again I hope Abbott or Jonesboro or IC can win state. I’m an East guy. But overall this season in my opinion the west has had the tougher battles.

Maybe not overrated but definitely under tested. Like I said previously I hope they are everything they say and more. I hope IC and Jonesboro are as well cause I’m telling ya the west has definitely been in battles all season. They know how to respond when punched in the mouth. That builds tons of character and trust in a team. Hard to beat talent, coaches, character, trust and belief. To be clear I’m not saying Abbott deliberately had an easy schedule we all get that scheduling is tuff. Districts are what they are, you either have talented teams or ya don’t. I think some people here think that some of us are disrespecting Abbott. Not the case at all. I say it again I hope Abbott or Jonesboro or IC can win state. I’m an East guy. But overall this season in my opinion the west has had the tougher battles.
I like the "undertested" much better than overrated. I also agree about teams that play a challenging schedule. It can cost a team in the playoffs, but that is yet to be seen. I just don't feel it's right to label a team that has won it's way to the quarterfinals "overrated".

Last edited:
I like the "undertested" much better than overrated. I also agree about teams that play a challenging schedule. It can cost a team in the playoffs, but that is yet to be seen. I just don't feel it's right to label a team that has won ity way to the quarterfinals "overrated".
I agree with undertested. Abbott, while I haven't seen them play, seems to have a very good football team. They can only play the teams on their schedule. No matter what anyone thinks, they still won two playoff games to get here and are one of the final 8 teams left. Interestingly, the team they are playing, Gordon, I would also describe as undertested; but, none of that matters, because one of these teams will be playing in the state semifinals, which is a huge accomplishment.

I agree with undertested. Abbott, while I haven't seen them play, seems to have a very good football team. They can only play the teams on their schedule. No matter what anyone thinks, they still won two playoff games to get here and are one of the final 8 teams left. Interestingly, the team they are playing, Gordon, I would also describe as undertested; but, none of that matters, because one of these teams will be playing in the state semifinals, which is a huge accomplishment.
Agreed and Yes I forgot to add Gordon to my list of East hopefuls to win State. My apologies no disrespect to Gordon. Abbott will have hands full this week. We could name this game the battle of untested. But I bet it’s a great game no matter who wins. Good luck to both teams.

Definitely see everyone's point and opinions in changing OverRated to UnderTested. But I'm going to shorten that up to "The Untested"
Seems more appropriate.

Watch and see

If you look at the data - particularly the points scored against a team, I'm thinking Abbott may well be better than Rankin, Jonesboro, Garden City and Irion County.

Happy and Westbrook... Maybe not. The next couple of weeks is going to be some good ball. Whoever comes out on top will surely have earned it. There are 5-6 teams that could pull it off.

Back