Thanksgiving Truths in D1

FenceLineGuy

Six-man expert
From the Fence:

Just post it. Insights, opinions, and wild and crazy thoughts, however far fetched, are always fun to discuss. And it's about time to start stirring the pot a little. I'll go first:

Abbott is overrated, there I said it. But they will win Friday. And it will be their last win of the season.
Irion County v Jonesboro is gonna be an absolute war. I'm taking IC and it's not gonna be their last win in the East.
Happy wins this week but their season ends next week.
Westbrook wins on Friday, just like last year!
And yes, on this last one I am biased but does anyone remember what WB did to GC 2 weeks ago? I bet not since hardly a peep was heard from around the 6man world after that game.

All in all I think Thanksgiving week will be an amazing week of football. Congrats to all the teams who made it this far. Trash talk aside I do pray for no injuries for all the players and safe travels for everyone road tripping to watch some great Sixman Football.

From the Fence:

Just post it. Insights, opinions, and wild and crazy thoughts, however far fetched, are always fun to discuss. And it's about time to start stirring the pot a little. I'll go first:

Abbott is overrated, there I said it. But they will win Friday. And it will be their last win of the season.
Irion County v Jonesboro is gonna be an absolute war. I'm taking IC and it's not gonna be their last win in the East.
And yes, on this last one I am biased but does anyone remember what WB did to GC 2 weeks ago? I bet not since hardly a peep was heard from around the 6man world after that game.

All in all I think Thanksgiving week will be an amazing week of football. Congrats to all the teams who made it this far. Trash talk aside I do pray for no injuries for all the players and safe travels for everyone road tripping to watch some great Sixman Football.
I think you are spot on!! Dont forget RS in D2 without 2 or 3 or 4 like some years of move ins Yes (coaches kids I know) they show to be like most other teams!! Just my observation. And for the attacks coming yes RS had injuries so tell me a team that Didn't!!! Pot stirred lol.

From the Fence:

IC vs Jonesboro will be great game. Im with you on Abbott they haven’t played high quality team yet. But yes they win this week. WB did a number on GC no doubt but this week will be much more challenging but that doesn’t scare me off. Im taking WB to win this week. I see the winner of IC vs Jonesboro to represent the East at state. Problem is they will most likely run into WB.

IC vs Jonesboro will be great game. Im with you on Abbott they haven’t played high quality team yet. But yes they win this week. WB did a number on GC no doubt but this week will be much more challenging but that doesn’t scare me off. Im taking WB to win this week. I see the winner of IC vs Jonesboro to represent the East at state. Problem is they will most likely run into WB.
WB.line em up

You guy s are killing me with the "Abbott is Overrated" mess.

Time will tell!
Strength of schedule vs How high they were ranked all season = Overrated
Sad that we have to wait until a State quarter final or state semi final game to see how good a team actually might be because they played such a weak schedule. No denying the facts as they have been laid out all season.
And the whole "Time will tell" is driving everyone in this forum crazy. We've waited long enough🤣

I don’t recall any of us saying Abbott isn’t good just simply not tested big difference. They very well could be best of the best. But ya gotta play the best to figure that out and that just hasn’t happened yet. I’m sure not one of us would be surprised if they made it to State or got beat this week either way, that’s because we have no real way to measure them as of yet. We know who as an example IC, Jonesboro, Rankin and WB have played. So that’s the difference and again not saying Abbott is not good. So yes time will tell. Always does.

I finally got to see this year's Abbott Panthers. Make no mistake, they're a very good football team, on both sides of the ball. Their offense is what it is. Not many can stop them. The most impressive thing I saw was how fast their defense plays. They swarm to the ball and consistently make open field tackles. I've seen several years of Panther football, but haven't seen them put all three phases together like I saw last week. Great team! Great coaches! Great community!

Also, Blum, Covenant and Borden County were three of their nondistrict games. Each of which was scheduled a year in advance. No way to guarantee what opponents come in with, a year prior. You put together the most competitive schedule you can, versus teams who fit your schedule needs.
Nobody said that either… we simply said we are ready for them to play a top tier team so that we can see what they are made of, that’s it.

We’ve acknowledged how hard scheduling can be in other threads. No denying that. Simply saying this team has not been in a battle so far. Heck maybe they never will be. Maybe they are as good as it gets maybe they are the best in State. All we are saying once again is, it’s easy to have all three phases of your game dominating when your competition is weak. Can you do that when your getting punched right back? That’s the question. Personally I hope they are as good as it gets. The East will need that to win state. My concern is, especially the West side has been in dog fight after dog fight. So if Abbott cruises into State they will no matter who it is run smack into a dog fight. My money will be on the ones already tested and proven. One last thing I’m pretty sure either IC or Jonesboro will give Abbott all they can handle. You see these two teams have been tested and proved they can win.

Nobody said that either… we simply said we are ready for them to play a top tier team so that we can see what they are made of, that’s it.
"Abbott is overrated, there I said it. But they will win Friday. And it will be their last win of the season".
"Strength of schedule vs How high they were ranked all season = Overrated"

I'm not defending Abbott, as much as I'm stating that using the word "overrated" as a description of a team that has cleaned the slate this year is a very poor choice of words.

We’ve acknowledged how hard scheduling can be in other threads. No denying that. Simply saying this team has not been in a battle so far. Heck maybe they never will be. Maybe they are as good as it gets maybe they are the best in State. All we are saying once again is, it’s easy to have all three phases of your game dominating when your competition is weak. Can you do that when your getting punched right back? That’s the question. Personally I hope they are as good as it gets. The East will need that to win state. My concern is, especially the West side has been in dog fight after dog fight. So if Abbott cruises into State they will no matter who it is run smack into a dog fight. My money will be on the ones already tested and proven. One last thing I’m pretty sure either IC or Jonesboro will give Abbott all they can handle. You see these two teams have been tested and proved they can win.
Nobody is cruising anymore. It's the third round of the playoffs, all the teams are pretty salty. Abbott will take on all comers and not backdown.

By the way, how's basketball season going?

Back