Texas Tech @ Oklohoma

granger":1m1y7peo said:
This week I am a t-shirt Baylor Bear fan

Sic Em!

Forget all of that OU-OSU talk and focus on Art Briles (of Rule, Texas) and the Baylor Bears (a Team that has actually had several 6-man players play in recent years)..... unfortunately, I don't look good in green.

They have as much a shot as the Aggies do against Texas.

Raptor":2orpfhn8 said:
First off, I have to ask......why so much hatred for Tech?

There isn't any hatred. Honestly, I would have never thought I would pull for OU to beat Tech, but your fans drove me to it. I guess I just got tired of the bandwagon fans that started popping up around me.

Did you get rejected to go there or something?

<sarcasm>Yeah, I was rejected by the fantastic academic institution that is Texas Tech University.<sarcasm>

I'm guessing you did go to school there and probably graduated with honors. Where else would you have leared to say awesome things like "rejected to go there"?

Second, I only bet with folks I know.....that way I know they will pay up.

I'm not suggesting that we bet money. Let's put our signatures on the line. If OSU beats OU, then I will changed my signature forever to whatever you want. If OU wins, then you change your signature for 1 year. Deal?

You seemed so confident in your earlier post. You even told us to "mark your words". Now let's see if you're willing to back it up.

Thats the post I was looking for. You show you intelligence there. Whatever hatred youve got up your saddle for Tech is your own problem. They have had an awesome year and have absolutley nothing to be ashamed of. Further more, anyone who has a degree from Tech should be proud of it. Its a fine school and a great institution.

cmyers":2l15jkqm said:
I got a quick question. What is we have a big 12 National Championship? Or can we? You never know what the BCS will do, I do not think they would allow it, in their "calculations" But I am just curious if it could actually happen.

If Florida loses to FSU and goes on to beat Alabama in the SEC Championship game and Oklahoma wins the Big 12 there would be a real possibility that the BCS would have to put OU -vs- Texas in the Title game. Whoever said that Florida would 45 FSU is crazy, any team that can get after you on Defense and run the football has a chance against anyone, especially at home. Look at how home field has played out in the Big 12. There is also a very good possibility that Texas will play the SEC champion in the title game without winning the Big 12. I believe the way things are going in the Big 12 South, whoever has homefield advantage wins. I think Oklahoma State beats OU. I know Tech would be in the Big 12 Championship, but they could not make up enough points in the BCS to overtake Texas who would still be #2 after OU loses. I like it when the BCS is in shambles, plus I am a Longhorn/Crimson Tide fan. I say that both Florida and Oklahoma lose this weekend. That would really shake it up. As long as they don't find a way to put USC in there.

I wore my green and gold in section 3 of DKR and thought I was going to have to fight my way out of there....my girlfriend was leading the lynching posse. Its not going to make that burnt orange fade just wearing it one day Granger.....or better yet maybe a throwback J.J. Joe jersey??? :D

Major disappointment, but while everything went wrong in that game and Tech just couldn't perform, it's still a big step for Tech football to go this far.

I do hope for the win over Baylor, because while it's much less impressive now, Tech has never won the South and a tie for the South is at least a start. However, there is also a part of me that would be okay if Tech threw the game against Baylor to keep OU out of the Big 12 title game.

I know there was sarcasm there but Tech still has a pretty fair shot at the BCS as long as they beat Baylor and Texas or Oklahoma lose. I think the Oklahoma State/Oklahoma game will be a better game than most people think. Still too much football left to predict what the entire BCS will look like. Right now it looks like the only three teams guaranteed to be in the BCS are Utah, Penn St. and probably Cincinnati. Does anyone else hope that Oregon State beats Oregon to get to the Rose Bowl? Because if so, then USC will probably play and at-large Big 12 team. There is also the chance of a split national championship between the BCS and the AP.

You show you intelligence there.

How do you mean?

Whatever hatred youve got up your saddle for Tech is your own problem. They have had an awesome year and have absolutley nothing to be ashamed of.

Did you bother to read my post that you quoted? I have no hatred for Texas Tech. None. I normally pull for the Red Raiders. I like Mike Leach and I enjoy watching their offense. They have had an outstanding season, but I'm not sure you'll find a Red Raider who isn't ashamed of their performance on Saturday.

My issue is with those silly people who want to throw Texas Tech in a league with USC, UT, OU, Florida and Ohio State after one good season. Those people are stupid. My only problem is with those stupid people.

Further more, anyone who has a degree from Tech should be proud of it. Its a fine school and a great institution.

Yep, ranked 385th in the country and 11th in Texas.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/94/opi ... _Rank.html

Seriously though, I'm sure it is a "fine school and a great institution", but that guy brought the academic smack on himself by suggesting that I could possibly be rejected by the 11th ranked school in Texas. Has anyone ever been rejected by Texas Tech? A lot of the people I know had Texas Tech as their safety school.

Just watched Bob Stoops politicing for his team on ESPN, which is fine he has that right. It's just that he wasn't taking into account that he had a game to play Saturday. I then watched Mike Leach building up his buddies team after the spanking stoopsey gave him. Thought I was going to barf. Finally Mack Brown spoke. His message was we aren't talking about the BCS because we have a game to play Thursday then the voters can decide who is playing better. I will have a hard time rooting for either tech or ut-norman no matter what bowl they play in.

Mustang76":rmblslbk said:
I will have a hard time rooting for either tech or ut-norman no matter what bowl they play in.

I don't think anybody asked for your blessing. We've got plenty of fans to root for us. Wouldn't want you to be a t-shirt fan or anything. 8)

Well all the politicking isn't really doing any good for anyone. I don't think any opinion from the coaches is going to make a big difference at this point. I think OU is disadvantaged somewhat by the fact that in this 3 way tie, they beat Tech so badly that Tech is no longer in the conversation. So when you take Tech out, you really just have UT & OU, and on one level, why not just take the head to head between them?

And the obvious counterargument is that Tech beat UT more recently and OU trounced Tech, so they should go on. It will all depend on what their showing against OSU looks like. If they win convincingly, then I think they'll get the nod. If it's extremely close, then the waters will stay muddy on this one.

New question, so if OU loses to OSU, and Tech and UT both win, then Tech obviously wins the Big 12 South. Say Tech beats Missouri in the title game. Does UT go to the national title game in that situation?

granger":3jeg0uyl said:
Devil,

Can I root for the Bears this weekend? Sic Em!

You may, but only if you don't consider them to be a bitter rival, which I doubt you do. :)

Red_Devil_DDS":3jeg0uyl said:
As far as this week's game goes, conventional Techsan thinking would dictate that the Raiders go up to Norman and crap the bed in a big way.

Still the same old Tech. They gave us hope, and let me tell you something, friends. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope will drive a man insane.

hogcaller10":2nb5j0h5 said:
Mustang76":2nb5j0h5 said:
I will have a hard time rooting for either tech or ut-norman no matter what bowl they play in.

I don't think anybody asked for your blessing. We've got plenty of fans to root for us. Wouldn't want you to be a t-shirt fan or anything. 8)

I was just venting a bit hogwaller I would hope that real fans stick by their team no matter what.

lbk419":2bm5udc0 said:
Well all the politicking isn't really doing any good for anyone. I don't think any opinion from the coaches is going to make a big difference at this point. I think OU is disadvantaged somewhat by the fact that in this 3 way tie, they beat Tech so badly that Tech is no longer in the conversation. So when you take Tech out, you really just have UT & OU, and on one level, why not just take the head to head between them?

And the obvious counterargument is that Tech beat UT more recently and OU trounced Tech, so they should go on. It will all depend on what their showing against OSU looks like. If they win convincingly, then I think they'll get the nod. If it's extremely close, then the waters will stay muddy on this one.

New question, so if OU loses to OSU, and Tech and UT both win, then Tech obviously wins the Big 12 South. Say Tech beats Missouri in the title game. Does UT go to the national title game in that situation?

If that scenario happens UT will be the only Big 12 team capable of playing for the National Title. Tech won't get enough votes even if they win the Big 12 after getting whipped on Saturday.

There are no guarantees that Alabama will beat Auburn or Florida will beat FSU. There are possibilities of an OU-Texas rematch and a chance that there could be a split national title, we will no more by Sunday.

Raptor":3d5jh33q said:
You show you intelligence there.

How do you mean?

Whatever hatred youve got up your saddle for Tech is your own problem. They have had an awesome year and have absolutley nothing to be ashamed of.

Did you bother to read my post that you quoted? I have no hatred for Texas Tech. None. I normally pull for the Red Raiders. I like Mike Leach and I enjoy watching their offense. They have had an outstanding season, but I'm not sure you'll find a Red Raider who isn't ashamed of their performance on Saturday.

My issue is with those silly people who want to throw Texas Tech in a league with USC, UT, OU, Florida and Ohio State after one good season. Those people are stupid. My only problem is with those stupid people.

Further more, anyone who has a degree from Tech should be proud of it. Its a fine school and a great institution.

Yep, ranked 385th in the country and 11th in Texas.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/94/opi ... _Rank.html

Seriously though, I'm sure it is a "fine school and a great institution", but that guy brought the academic smack on himself by suggesting that I could possibly be rejected by the 11th ranked school in Texas. Has anyone ever been rejected by Texas Tech? A lot of the people I know had Texas Tech as their safety school.

Do you understand what those rankings are based off of? Also, there are about 500 of them none of which use the same criteria. If anyone uses those "rankings" as a sign of the quality of a particular institution then theyre very ignorant. Do I think Texas Tech is the best school in the country? of course not. But theyre Engineering, Medical and Law Schools are excellent. Read up on Tech, theyre expanding and their reputation is growing. Their footprint is quite impressive in the State and growing every year. For living in the shadow of the "Big Two" they do quite well. I dont know anyone thats ashamed of having a degree from Tech. And just so everyone knows, my degree came from The Culinary Institute of America, Im not a Tech graduate.

Do you understand what those rankings are based off of?

Alumni, student evaluations, graduation rates, awards, etc.

If anyone uses those "rankings" as a sign of the quality of a particular institution then theyre very ignorant.

Yeah, the experts at Forbes and US News obviously don't know as much about our nation's colleges as some guy who went to cooking school. I understand that these rankings aren't the only way to learn information about a school, but if you don't think they're valuable and legit, then you're a fool.

For living in the shadow of the "Big Two" they do quite well.

You're making my point for me. Maybe that should be Texas Tech's new marketing slogan. "We do quite well in the shadow of Texas and Texas A&M."

They're also in the shadow of Rice, Baylor, SMU and more.

I dont know anyone thats ashamed of having a degree from Tech.

Neither do I. I don't know why anyone would be ashamed of graduating from any accredited institution.

Actually you just made my point for me. You just refered to me as some guy the went to a cooking school. Youve got absolutley no idea what the CIA is considered. You make a snap judgement based off the name of the school rather than understanding the substance. Texas Tech is a leader in many areas, they do things neither of the other two do. Bias and opinion do not add up to facts. You need to study a bit more about those rankings and why there is a huge monement by many university Presidents to discard them. They are heavily swayed to favor certain schools and their criteria constantly tweaked. The Culinary Institute of America is what Harvard is to law School. Oh thats right, were just cooks what education could we possibly need right? AMIRITE!? Ignorance is bliss, and you sir must live in one blissfully wonderful place to spout the garbage you spout.

You just refered to me as some guy the went to a cooking school. Youve got absolutley no idea what the CIA is considered. You make a snap judgement based off the name of the school rather than understanding the substance.

Culinary --- of, pertaining to, or used in cooking or the kitchen.

You went to cooking school. I didn't insult you. I stated a fact.

However, you were right that I had no idea what the CIA was all about, so I went to the CIA website. They had some nifty ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers, so thanks for that. It's something my wife would probably be more interested in, but interesting nonetheless.

Texas Tech is a leader in many areas, they do things neither of the other two do.

Ofcourse they do. I'd never argue this.

Bias and opinion do not add up to facts.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about here. Are you saying that I'm biased and it is just my opinion that Texas Tech is academically inferior to UT and A&M? It's a fact. Who are you kidding?

Fact - Texas Tech < UT < Rice < Harvard

The Culinary Institute of America is what Harvard is to law School.

According to whom?

You call me out for saying that Texas Tech is not on the same level as UT and A&M and then turn around and say that your alma mater is on par with Harvard. When I do it, I'm being biased. When you do it, you're being honest. Nice double standard.

Ignorance is bliss, and you sir must live in one blissfully wonderful place to spout the garbage you spout.

What did I say that was ignorant? Did it upset you that much that I said "cooking" instead of "culinary"? You do realize that they're synonyms, right?

Thicken that skin a little bit, Nancy.

Welp I was right to be worried about Baylor I guess. Fortunately we pulled it off in the end. Crab looks to be out for quite awhile and I'll be suprised if he even gets to play in the bowl game.

BackAgain":1hmq0uc1 said:
Crab looks to be out for quite awhile and I'll be suprised if he even gets to play in the bowl game.

I am afraid you might be right on this. Crab has given everything to this team every game he has played in, but with his persistent injuries, and some near misses on getting hurt worse (horse collar tackle against OU, I think), I think his sights are increasingly shifted to his pro career.

Back