Texas Tech @ Oklohoma

Raptor":1rp6q71z said:
Serious question for Red Raider faithful: Is Mike Leach at Texas Tech next season?

My gut says that he's gone. He'd be crazy not to cash in on this season. I just can't imagine that Texas Tech is Leach's final destination. I think he goes to Tennessee for these reasons:

1. He's familiar with the SEC having coached at UK.
2. $
3. Leach is opposite of Fulmer and you know the big wigs at UT love that.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

IF Tech wins out the rest of the season and wins the Cotton Bowl or whatever bowl they get, he will be back. IF they lose another game, he's gone, whether to Tennessee or Washington.
The coach that brings the spread into the SEC along with the defensive recruiting power that SEC schools have, will be among the most successful coaches in college football history, mark my words.

There are still games to be played, so Tech fans don't get to down on your team. There is now a three-way tie for first in the south and it is going to be tight especially between OU and Texas. The thing is the Sooners have to go to Stillwater for bedlum and if anything can happen it will happen. It is so much different playing on the road than at home in college football. If Oklahoma loses Texas Tech will be in the Big 12 Championship, granted Tech does not lose to a steadily improving Baylor team.

I wonder what would happen if UT-Norman loses to OK State, Tech beats Baylor and wins the Big 12 Championship. Tech would be the Big 12 Champion but Texas(granted they beat A&M) would probably end up being ranked #2 in the BCS. Tech will likely drop to #7 or #8 after that whipping in Norman last night. Would that mean that Texas would play for the Title without winning their own conference. There is also a possibility of an OU-Tex rematch, if Florida State could beat Florida and Florida win the SEC with two losses. Oklahoma wins the Big 12 and Texas wins out that would more than likely put Texas-OU in the orange bowl.

Shoulda beat a ranked UCONN team but couldnt close. Shoulda beat Nebraska couldnt close, as well as Missouri, just couldnt close. I went to the Texas/ Baylor game and really thought Baylor gave Texas all they wanted in the first half. Then there was the schlacking Baylor gave a horrible aTm team last weekend. Griffin was a stud in a good program in highschool and knows how to win. Couple that with olympian talent and the way Baylors defense causes turnovers......Guns up Grades down could be in trouble....

but i still say tech by 14

Lets be realistic. It's going to be Oklahoma and Florida for the title. Texas, Oklahoma, and Tech will win their last games which will put OU in the Big 12 Championship due to the jacked up BCS system. Have yall seen Florida play in the last few weeks. They won't be beat. If Alabama doesn't lose to Auburn they will definitely lose to Florida. So if Florida beats Florida St. and Alabama and Texas beats just my scraggly ole Aggies, don't yall think Florida will jump Texas and possibly Oklahoma to number 2 or 1?

Raptor":3pmavt7a said:
Complete and utter domination.

So, the greatest season in Texas Tech football history will end with the Red Raiders finishing 3rd in the Big XII South and a Cotton Bowl. Talk about elite...

I think it's safe to say that Graham Harrell pissed away any shot at the Heisman for any Red Raider.

Classic Texas Tech.

Serious question for Red Raider faithful: Is Mike Leach at Texas Tech next season?

My gut says that he's gone. He'd be crazy not to cash in on this season. I just can't imagine that Texas Tech is Leach's final destination. I think he goes to Tennessee for these reasons:

1. He's familiar with the SEC having coached at UK.
2. $
3. Leach is opposite of Fulmer and you know the big wigs at UT love that.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

What on earth why so much venom? Tech wont end up 3rd in the South, if they beat Baylor theyre tied for first only losing the championship due to BCS rankings. If OK State beats Oklahoma they go to the Big 12 Championship game due to a head to head win against Texas.

Texas Tech lost to an excellent team, calssic Texas tech would have been to lose to Kansas. Losing to Oklahoma in Norman is nothing to be ashamed about, sure the score sucked but it happens. Number 2 lost to number 5. A number 2 team which had beaten a number 1 and number 9 in consecutive weeks. Texas Techs best season is just that, and looks to end up at 11-1 regular season. Tech still has an excellent shot to go to a BCS bowl, and if they win that, a 12-1 season isnt anything to be ashamed about.

Well, my boys got their asses kicked up the field and back down it. I was sick because they were obviously scared of OU from the start! Oh well! :oops:

As for OU, they get beat in Stillwater........mark my words. This year the ranked Big 12 team that plays at home wins......that stat doesn't change this week!

GO POKES! We don't need OU to represent the Big 12......that would be disgusting! :wink:

calssic Texas tech would have been to lose to Kansas. Losing to Oklahoma in Norman is nothing to be ashamed about, sure the score sucked but it happens. Number 2 lost to number 5.

No. This was classic Texas Tech. Most of us who have been following college football for more than this season knew that the choke job was coming, just like it always does. Laying an egg in the biggest game in the history of your program is not just another loss. #2 didn't lose to #5, #2 didn't show up to play against #5.

As for OU, they get beat in Stillwater........mark my words. This year the ranked Big 12 team that plays at home wins......that stat doesn't change this week!

Wanna bet?

Ok my son and I were finally shamed into rooting for Tech by my sister. We're sitting in our hotel room in Jackson MS watching the disaster on TV. The most memorable moment for us was when Herbstreit made the comment that if he, ut-norman's #18, made the catch and got into the endzone he would score. You know the game is bad when Herb. makes such a boneheaded statement. We turned the game off in the 4th and went to bed. Yesterday my sister banned us from ever rooting for Tech again. I'm with Granger "Sic em Bears".

Raptor":fhhrqdoy said:
calssic Texas tech would have been to lose to Kansas. Losing to Oklahoma in Norman is nothing to be ashamed about, sure the score sucked but it happens. Number 2 lost to number 5.

No. This was classic Texas Tech. Most of us who have been following college football for more than this season knew that the choke job was coming, just like it always does. Laying an egg in the biggest game in the history of your program is not just another loss. #2 didn't lose to #5, #2 didn't show up to play against #5.

Wanna bet?

First off, I have to ask......why so much hatred for Tech? Did you get rejected to go there or something? Second, I only bet with folks I know.....that way I know they will pay up. :wink:

The best chance UT has to play in the Championship game is if OU beats OSU, then loses in the Big 12 Championship. Florida will 45 FSU, then beat Alabama, so they will jump to 1 or 2, depending on OU. Texas should stay ahead of Tech in the BCS rankings. Either way, should be a good National Championship game, Florida vs. OU or Florida vs UT. I think Tebow wins his 2nd Heisman now......

First off, I have to ask......why so much hatred for Tech?

There isn't any hatred. Honestly, I would have never thought I would pull for OU to beat Tech, but your fans drove me to it. I guess I just got tired of the bandwagon fans that started popping up around me.

Did you get rejected to go there or something?

<sarcasm>Yeah, I was rejected by the fantastic academic institution that is Texas Tech University.<sarcasm>

I'm guessing you did go to school there and probably graduated with honors. Where else would you have leared to say awesome things like "rejected to go there"?

Second, I only bet with folks I know.....that way I know they will pay up.

I'm not suggesting that we bet money. Let's put our signatures on the line. If OSU beats OU, then I will changed my signature forever to whatever you want. If OU wins, then you change your signature for 1 year. Deal?

You seemed so confident in your earlier post. You even told us to "mark your words". Now let's see if you're willing to back it up.

Raptor":2jkcwwrf said:
First off, I have to ask......why so much hatred for Tech?

There isn't any hatred. Honestly, I would have never thought I would pull for OU to beat Tech, but your fans drove me to it. I guess I just got tired of the bandwagon fans that started popping up around me.

Did you get rejected to go there or something?

<sarcasm>Yeah, I was rejected by the fantastic academic institution that is Texas Tech University.<sarcasm>

I'm guessing you did go to school there and probably graduated with honors. Where else would you have leared to say awesome things like "rejected to go there"?

Second, I only bet with folks I know.....that way I know they will pay up.

I'm not suggesting that we bet money. Let's put our signatures on the line. If OSU beats OU, then I will changed my signature forever to whatever you want. If OU wins, then you change your signature for 1 year. Deal?

You seemed so confident in your earlier post. You even told us to "mark your words". Now let's see if you're willing to back it up.

HAHA, no I didn't graduate with honors, but have 2 degrees from Texas Tech. Also, I don't think there are any bandwagon jumpers for Texas Tech. Most Tech fans actually went to school there or are from Lubbock. They don't get all the hype and face time nationally as the UT's and OU's, so for the most part folks don't change "fanhood". I am around kids all day and the lot of them are wearing UT or OU t-shirts........hence the name "T-Shirt fans! I think it's funny how most OU and UT fans never actually went to either of these colleges. Now, why is that? :? I don't know who you root for but maybe it is you who could possibly be a T-shirt fan.....don't know.....don't care, BUT I will take your bet as long as it isn't vulgar. :wink:

"T-Shirt Fan" = "Bandwagon Fan"

i.e. - you buy the t-shirt and become a fan because that team just happens to be good.

just because you didn't attend the institution, doesn't mean you aren't a die-hard fan. if that's your criteria for liking a team, that's like saying you can't be a Cowboys fan because you don't have an ownership stake in the organization. i've seen a lot of toothless hillbillies running around tech all dressed up in red/black tech garb - wonder if they're t-shirt fans or tech grads.

Lubbock does get behind it's team - that in itself is impressive, and I don't hate tech - I just got tired of hearing a bunch of jabber from fans of a team that has never done anything. A loss to Baylor, and that should shut 'em up.

Tech is STILL not an elite team OR a BCS team OR an elite program, period.

I got a quick question. What is we have a big 12 National Championship? Or can we? You never know what the BCS will do, I do not think they would allow it, in their "calculations" But I am just curious if it could actually happen.

I don't know who you root for but maybe it is you who could possibly be a T-shirt fan.....don't know.....don't care, BUT I will take your bet as long as it isn't vulgar.

I think that I pretty much named my team earlier in this thread. And no, I'm not a t-shirt fan. Also, if you don't think that Texas Tech hasn't gotten it's fair share of bandwagon fans this season, then you're crazy. Surprisingly, none of them are sporting the red and black today.

I wouldn't ask you to put something vulgar in your sig. I'll think about it and let you know after the game.

Raptor":2fh8bpa8 said:
I don't know who you root for but maybe it is you who could possibly be a T-shirt fan.....don't know.....don't care, BUT I will take your bet as long as it isn't vulgar.

I think that I pretty much named my team earlier in this thread. And no, I'm not a t-shirt fan. Also, if you don't think that Texas Tech hasn't gotten it's fair share of bandwagon fans this season, then you're crazy. Surprisingly, none of them are sporting the red and black today.

I wouldn't ask you to put something vulgar in your sig. I'll think about it and let you know after the game.

Nah, I'll let you know. :wink:

This week I am a t-shirt Baylor Bear fan

Sic Em!

Forget all of that OU-OSU talk and focus on Art Briles (of Rule, Texas) and the Baylor Bears (a Team that has actually had several 6-man players play in recent years)..... unfortunately, I don't look good in green.

Back