Texas Tech @ Oklohoma

Miami and Notre Dame are still playing football? Just kiddin' Miami is getting better every year but still a long way from 2001(The best college team ever). Notre Dame however will never get back to prominence, all time it probably is the greatest but top recruits just don't want to go there as bad anymore.

There are only four programs right now that I would consider elite: Texas, UT-Norman, Florida and SC. But Alabama is on its way back!

j_bird_s":2ls70ekk said:

you're sure you have an elite program? what a t-shirt fan - put your signature where your mouth is...that's what I thought. And when, when would TTU be in the Big 12 Championship game if they played in the North? What years? Last year when Mizzou beat Tech 41-10? Don't get on here and pump your chest about your "program" - all you can tell for sure right now is that you MIGHT have captured lightning in a bottle THIS SEASON. At least lbk419 acknowledges it's too early to pump the chest about your program...next thing you'll say is that Tech is a better program than Miami U or Notre Dame.

Elite programs don't talk about "could've won" the last 3 times in Norman, they find a way to get it done.[/quote]

T-Shirt fan? You know nothing about me. I've been there for everything, including the years we couldn't beat our way out of a wet paper sack. Your ignorance is showing. I never said that our program was elite, I said we were elite in the Big 12, and in this decade we have been. The stats since 2000 back me up. You're being a complete moron. OU IS an elite program, not just in the Big 12 but in the nation. Riddle me this, do you think that UT is an elite program?? Well then why haven't they beaten OU at Norman since Stoops got there? The same reason Tech hasn't, OU is a good team perenially. I don't know who we beat to piss you off (I'm assuming UT), but I'm sorry that you weren't as good as us this year.

The Assassin":xxa2n2et said:
Miami and Notre Dame are still playing football? Just kiddin' Miami is getting better every year but still a long way from 2001(The best college team ever). Notre Dame however will never get back to prominence, all time it probably is the greatest but top recruits just don't want to go there as bad anymore.

There are only four programs right now that I would consider elite: Texas, UT-Norman, Florida and SC. But Alabama is on its way back!

Unfortunately, you have to throw USC in that group as well. They have been great for quite awhile now, they just lose focus it seems.

AND I quote - "the stats since 2000 back me up" - no they do not!

My team is Colorado, Tech has done nothing to piss me off - I am just tired of listening to Tech fans act like they've got one of the best programs in the Big 12, when they've done nothing yet. They do have an opportunity, but they've done nothing.

The stats "since 2000", as you refer to:

The only stats that matter:

Big 12 Championships:

Colorado -1
Texas Tech - 0

Big 12 Championship game appearances:

Colorado - 4
Texas Tech - 0

Those are the only stats that matter - what the team has done.

And Colorado's stats aren't that impressive - they're a 2nd tier program in the Big 12, and yes it's team isn't good this year (they weren't very good the last 2 years either - but they beat Tech in both meetings in impressive fashion). Tech is a 3rd tier program in the Big 12 - they've done NOTHING.

I'm now ready for you to tell us how only the last couple years results matter - but in your post you said that Tech is one of the elite programs in the Big 12 & the stats prove it since 2000. It is not - it hasn't won it's division, let alone it's Conference.

And let me answer your riddle...why hasn't Mack Brown & UT beat OU in Norman? ---> It's called the Red River Shootout & they play it at the Cotton Bowl. I'm not from Texas or Oklahoma, and I know that.

Give me a single stat that matters (wins, championships, championship game appearances, BCS bowl appearances) that proves the fact they've been an elite team this decade.

j_bird_s":3jx1anm2 said:
AND I quote - "the stats since 2000 back me up" - no they do not!

My team is Colorado, Tech has done nothing to piss me off - I am just tired of listening to Tech fans act like they've got one of the best programs in the Big 12, when they've done nothing yet. They do have an opportunity, but they've done nothing.

The stats "since 2000", as you refer to:

The only stats that matter:

Big 12 Championships:

Colorado -1
Texas Tech - 0

Big 12 Championship game appearances:

Colorado - 4
Texas Tech - 0

Those are the only stats that matter - what the team has done.

And Colorado's stats aren't that impressive - they're a 2nd tier program in the Big 12, and yes it's team isn't good this year (they weren't very good the last 2 years either - but they beat Tech in both meetings in impressive fashion). Tech is a 3rd tier program in the Big 12 - they've done NOTHING.

I'm now ready for you to tell us how only the last couple years results matter - but in your post you said that Tech is one of the elite programs in the Big 12 & the stats prove it since 2000. It is not - it hasn't won it's division, let alone it's Conference.

And let me answer your riddle...why hasn't Mack Brown & UT beat OU in Norman? ---> It's called the Red River Shootout & they play it at the Cotton Bowl. I'm not from Texas or Oklahoma, and I know that.

Give me a single stat that matters (wins, championships, championship game appearances, BCS bowl appearances) that proves the fact they've been an elite team this decade.

Those are not the only stats that matter. The North is a weaker division, just look at the Championships over the last 8 years. The South is 6-2 vs the North. (BTW I actually rooted for Colorado when they played OU, I hate OU.) Tech hasn't ever been to the Championship, you're right, but we have to get through UT and OU to get there and both of those programs are elite and (until this year) have been on a different tier than us. It's not too big of a knock for us to lose to someone like that.The point is that since Leach has been at Tech, he has created a program that has competed every year. They're currently fourth (in the nation) with 13 consectutive winning seasons, and since 2000 they have totaled 74 wins which trails only OU, UT, and Nebraska in the Big 12. Hmmm, seems that they are among the top five after all.

As stupid as this sounds, I truly did forget that the OU vs UT game was in Dallas, so I apologize for that. However, Mack Brown is still 3-6 against OU since 2000 which goes to show exactly how good OU is.

j_bird_s":ollqevpn said:
BackAgain":ollqevpn said:
j_bird_s":ollqevpn said:
you're sure you have an elite program? what a t-shirt fan - put your signature where your mouth is...that's what I thought.

All this talk of WE this and WE that makes me wonder who is the T-shirt fan here? Where did you get your degree from biggun? Are you a member of the CU alumni?

Why is Colorado even mentioned on this thread? Nobody in Texas cares about the Buffs....except you. Go to Coloradofootball.com and list your concerns there because we could care less. :lol: You don't like us thumping our chests...hmmm.....then go to Colorado! :wink:

One more thing.......
UntitledPISSONSOONERS.jpg

I really want Tech to win against OU not only cause I'm a tech fan but also to make it easier to decide everyone's fate.
If Tech beats OU, regardless of what happens against Baylor, they are at least in the Big 12 Championship and possibly the National Champoinship(hopefully).
If OU beats Tech it is gonna be a mess. Hopefully Tech will stay higher ranked than Texas because they beat them, but then again Texas beat OU who (may) beat Tech. I hope Tech will at least be in the #2 Bowl game.

Statistically, both teams are pretty evenly matched BUT Tech has all their guys in good condition. OU has a few of their starters out for injuries. That may be the key to Tech pulling out the win.

#2 Texas Tech Wins by 1 TD over #5 OU

WRECK 'EM TECH

What?! Being invited to New York is a huge deal!

You're right. Being a finalist for the Heisman is a big deal. My point is that having a player at the ceremony doesn't make you a top tier program.

Jerome Harrison was a Heisman finalist in 2005. His Washington State team finished 4-7. Since then, they've gone 11-21 and are currently one of the worst teams in all of college football at 0-8.

B.J. Symons finished 10th in voting in 2003 and it didn't do anything for the football program at Texas Tech. Having 2 players there this year won't drastically change the program, either.

How about this? Is OU's offense more explosive than Tech's. The Sooners are averaging just under 50 points the last three games IN THE 1ST HALF!!! But their Defense has given up a bunch. Which leads me to my point. Isn't OU's offense better? But isn't Tech's Defense better than OU's? If it is what a role reversal, and who would have ever predicted that at the start of the year.

Well if a may put my two cents in, i believe TECH gets the W for the fact that OU hasn't been playing very many quality teams lately...i feel that this will have them a little flat off there bye-week...on the other hand, the one thing that has me nervious is that they are looking for payback from last year...i don't feel that OU will be able to stop TECH at all...so my prediction is going to be a high scoring game with TECH pulling away in the 4th quarter and winning by 10...

THE RED RAIDERS 52

OU 42

BackAgain":kfuxkk38 said:
The Assassin":kfuxkk38 said:

Unfortunately, you have to throw USC in that group as well. They have been great for quite awhile now, they just lose focus it seems.

Hey Backagain I was referring to USC as SC, most people just say Southern Cal. Did you think I was referring to South Carolina? LOL. I forgot to mention Ohio St. they are an elite program right now. Those are the only elite programs as of now. But finally college football has parity or is starting too.

My prediction on Saturday: A little less scoring than most predicted.
UT-Norman 41, Tx Tech 31. Should be a great game.

Raptor":2ind25i4 said:
What?! Being invited to New York is a huge deal!

You're right. Being a finalist for the Heisman is a big deal. My point is that having a player at the ceremony doesn't make you a top tier program.

Jerome Harrison was a Heisman finalist in 2005. His Washington State team finished 4-7. Since then, they've gone 11-21 and are currently one of the worst teams in all of college football at 0-8.

B.J. Symons finished 10th in voting in 2003 and it didn't do anything for the football program at Texas Tech. Having 2 players there this year won't drastically change the program, either.

Granted, I try to remain objective when it comes to Tech. I agree with you that having a Heisman finalist doesn't make your team automatically an elite program but:

1. I think Troy Davis from ISU would be a better example of a elite college-level player coming from a non-elite program. The Huskies, like CU, have a great program that is very rich with pride and tradition. They're just recruiting against the juggernaut in LA right now. I've had a soft spot in my heart for them ever since they went into Miami and ended the Hurricanes' home winning streak.

2. Pump your brakes when you speak of B.J. Symons. The man was a gunslinger and every bit as good or better than Harrell. He did help the program. Tech was able to recruit much higher level QB's and WR's since then, and now we're able to recruit higher level defensive players. In 2003 Tech had an elite offense playing with a bad high school defense. If Tech would've had a serviceable defense and B.J. hadn't played 75% of the season with a blown ACL, they would've experienced success that is comparable to what they've had this year. I don't think that B.J.'s 10th place in the Heisman voting helped as much as throwing for 600+ yards against a decent Ole Miss team led by Eli Manning. So yeah, having a Heisman finalist doesn't make you an elite program, but I do think it makes it easier to recruit good players at that position.

OK, I had family over and didn't realize what was happening until I heard my phone buzzing with a message from markf... holy Toledo, Batman. I believe Tech is done...

j_bird_s":1c9oxns2 said:
yeah, they only got 44'd...good job avoiding the mercy rule, tech!

Yep, I'm absolutely and utterly embarrassed by my team right now. We may have just taken Ohio State's title of biggest choke artists in the BCS.

Complete and utter domination.

So, the greatest season in Texas Tech football history will end with the Red Raiders finishing 3rd in the Big XII South and a Cotton Bowl. Talk about elite...

I think it's safe to say that Graham Harrell pissed away any shot at the Heisman for any Red Raider.

Classic Texas Tech.

Serious question for Red Raider faithful: Is Mike Leach at Texas Tech next season?

My gut says that he's gone. He'd be crazy not to cash in on this season. I just can't imagine that Texas Tech is Leach's final destination. I think he goes to Tennessee for these reasons:

1. He's familiar with the SEC having coached at UK.
2. $
3. Leach is opposite of Fulmer and you know the big wigs at UT love that.

I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Back