Tech vs. Missouri

This game was far from a shootout. What happened to that 'great' offense? Harrell and Crabtree? Ouch.

Mizzou is very tough. I look for them to give OU a run for their money in that conference championship.

The Godfather #5":355haken said:
this game was horrible. i'm not sure if tech can play and win against a good team on the road.

NO and yes .... On a consistant basis through the Leach years Tech has shown they cannot compete at the "A" Level either nationally or in the (Big 11 + .9 + Tech =12 ). Yes every once in a while the "Fling and Flail" will put enough points on the board to outscore a class "A" opponent but not very often.

The "Fling and Flail" offense consistantly runs up the stats and that seems to be the major concern of Coach Leach. 40 or 50 points in the lead and the First Team offense and the starting QB are on the field piling it on. Run those stats up against those powerhouse non conference teams they schedule. Of course the Tech faithful say this is what is necessary to keep you in BCS contentention. Guess what, they are not ever in contention.

Tech and it's stats are on their way to another 8-4 or 7-5 season and a maybe another trip to the "Broken Furniture Bowl" or such.

Well we must give Tech credit, the Tech faithful were screaming they weren't getting national recognition they thought is deserved and they were crowing about their number 22 or 24 rating. They got their natinal recognition all right.

So much for all of the Heisman talk....

Tech is fun to watch - but being a Tech fan and supporter must be a very hard thing to do. But they did beat A&M and there is always next year - again.

Yep, I was way off! :oops: They sucked it up big time! That's ok, it's only two losses! How many does Texas have.....oh yeah that's right 2! So I guess they are tied in the big 12! Too bad we play Texas in Austin....this may be bad!

Justobserving, get off your band wagon! It sounds like you need to be on ESPN! Prolly an OU or Aggie fan!

Would somebody shut the North Texas guy to shut up! When they start beating people then he can talk trash! :lol:

Yeah, I saw that stat! I thought they had beat a few more ranked teams than that! I guess we beat who we are supposed to beat and lose to who we are supposed to lose to! :lol:

Tech will always be the same. Don't get upset at me hogcaller. I just made a comment about the game. Looks like they just aren't quite as good as everyone out there makes them out to be - again.

I was joking around with you about the N texas thing, that's why I had the laughing face after what I said! :)

We played horrible that game and I'm not gonna try to defend how we played because it was terrible! I DID have a good argument before the game, but that got shot to hell after Missou! :shock:

There is no bandwagon. Just the facts and history as they are.

Let's talk again about Tech's record in the (Big 11 + .9 + Tech =12 ) in about 3 weeks.

Tech fan's have been looking through rose colored glasses so long that they have lost all reality. I have no animosity toward Tech, you just have to face facts, and in this case they are not good.

Tech fans wrap their whole season up in being satisfied with beating either A&M, Texas, or Oklahoma. One win out that group, 7 others and the world is good. Good enough to start talking about next year - again.

Oh, and by the way, if you are going to be a contender and ranked year in and year out you are supposed to beat the ranked schools. That is how you get ranked. Along with this comes the national recognition and respect Tech fans so desperately crave.

So please accept Texas Tech Excusiversary for what they are. Better than average but not near the elite.

justobserving":11axr7cn said:
There is no bandwagon. Just the facts and history as they are.

Let's talk again about Tech's record in the (Big 11 + .9 + Tech =12 ) in about 3 weeks.

Tech fan's have been looking through rose colored glasses so long that they have lost all reality. I have no animosity toward Tech, you just have to face facts, and in this case they are not good.

Tech fans wrap their whole season up in being satisfied with beating either A&M, Texas, or Oklahoma. One win out that group, 7 others and the world is good. Good enough to start talking about next year - again.

Oh, and by the way, if you are going to be a contender and ranked year in and year out you are supposed to beat the ranked schools. That is how you get ranked. Along with this comes the national recognition and respect Tech fans so desperately crave.

So please accept Texas Tech Excusiversary for what they are. Better than average but not near the elite.

Thanks Kirk Herbstreit or is it Lee Corso? :lol:

All I have to say is the season ain't over yet! We got beat by Missouri! They are a good team! The Big 12 south winner will have 2 losses! Mark my words! Texas has lost 2 already, OU has lost one but they will lose another! You can't count out ATM or OSU either! Tech has a very tough remaining schedule......but don't count them out yet! It is still very much up for grabs in the south. You may be surprised or I may be wrong, we'll just hafta see! You sit here and say you have no annimosity towards Tech but you say that we are .9 of a team in the big 12! Come on maybe Baylor or Iowa State but not Tech! That sounds like an opinion coming from somebody that states only the facts!

I have another question for you since we are talking about teams who are consistant and elite......can you name the ONLY big 12 team, since the induction of the Big 12, to have a winning record every year of the Big 12's existance? :?

I have another question for you since we are talking about teams who are consistant and elite......can you name the ONLY big 12 team, since the induction of the Big 12, to have a winning record every year of the Big 12's existance?

Very nice.

How may Big XII Titles did those wins lead to? Zero.

Forget BIG XII Titles, how many times have they won the South? Zero.

BCS Bowls? Zero.

Being satisfied with a winning record every year is why Texas Tech is mediocre. You guys are happy to beat A&M in your Superbowl and then tank. It happens every year like clockwork.

Like I said...we'll see!

You sure like to talk about Tech! What school are you a fan of? You never mentioned that! Probably because the school you are a fan of is less than perfect also! :shock:

I think any real Tech fan has no serious expectations to do anything truly great from a football perspective. That glass ceiling is 3 ft thick and we're trying to break through with a plastic spoon.

I don't have any big expectations! I was just hoping for a heisman top 5 and maybe a big 12 championship. That isn't too high hopes this year considering all the top ranked teams are going down like a lead baloon!

DiStUrBeD_oNe said it pretty well.

I DID NOT say Tech was a .9 team. The equation is:

(Big 11 + .9 + Tech =12 ) ..... That leaves Tech at .1 ..... Please check your math. You are correct in your assesment of them being ahead of Baylor and Iowa State but look at the company you are putting yourself in. I have always been a Baylor fan but they have no business in a league with the Big Boys.

I attended 4 different Colleges and Universities. I graduated from West Texas State University which is now West Texas A&M ( which by the way does NOT make me an Aggie ). Oh and by the way, the Buffaloes are 8-0 and ranked 6th in the nation and have the #1 offense in the nation and their defense is ranked somewhere in the top 5. WT fans and alumni have lived through some pretty lean years for a long time. The last 3 have been fun.

I have tried for years to be a Raider football fan since I live only about 50 minutes from Jones Stadium and the the heart of Raiderland but they just make it too hard. When Spike was treated like he was that was the topper.

It seems as though your Rose Colored glasses may also be equipped with blinders - but truly you are to be commended on your support for your team. I wish Tech the best but I don't think that is going to help.

Let's see - DiStUrBeD_oNe's math - 0 + 0 + 0 = 0 ( that is Zero )

DiStUrBeD_oNe - Should we compile a list of D II schools that finish out of the top 50 for Tech's future non conference schedule ??

Red - I don't think it is even glass - more like titanium and they can't even see through it.

Back