TCAL vs TCAF How do they compare?

LOCS

11-man fan
With the leagues being very close in teams that compete, how do they leagues stack up to one another? Has there been any efforts made to have a game between the the two leagues... possibly an All-Star game between the two during the summer? Just a thought, I think it would be good for both leagues to have some bragging rights for the next year.

Any thoughts?

I think its a great idea. We could call it the T CALF Bowl. LOL. It would be a step in the right direction though for possibly combining the 2 leagues into 1.

I agree that it would be a good. It would allow the players to have more exposure. Like 5A football, you have to be involved all year to be a starter. It would be nice to see a bigger league with more opportunities for the players to participate. I also think that if a team is a young team that they should play down, let's say Division II. When they have a team with so many upper classman they move up to Division I. Your thoughts? This is my first year to coach Private and Sixman, so be easy on me.

Well, I would sure love to have a big league with lots of teams. However, the seperation between TCAL and TCAF right now is homeschool teams (amongst other issues but this I think is the biggest divider). TCAF does not allow homeschool teams to play in their league while TCAL does. There are two very different views on this. Not saying either is right or wrong just saying there are two different views. I think the biggest thing would we could do for each other as leagues is to simply keep the comradery(?) and continue to help each other to grow. I think both leagues are doing a great job at what they do and that is to serve the smaller private schools in Texas by providing a quality small school league.

Jesse Erhart
Head Football Coach
Fort Worth Nazarene

Hey coach good feedback. Are you sure that TCAF cannot have a home schooler? Someone told me that there was a % that TCAF could have for Homeschool athlete? That is huge for us next year as I would like to reach out to our community and bring some of these players in.
Thanks Coach

Story about home school teams in TCAL; There has been a few home school teams that felt our rules were to much for their organization to follow, so they chose not to come in. The same rules we all follow! This is a great example of what we (TCAL) are doing is working. All of our home school teams believe it is important to play by the same rules and the accountability TCAL gives them.

Blessings!

Thanks coaches for your information. I like what I am hearing. I do wish that TCAL and TCAF could come together and form a true classification. Surely these 2 conferences cannot be that far a part? I would think as a private school as long as it is biblical and out of the word of God, we should all be ok...

Back