TAPPS football vs TCAL/TCAF football

EaglePrideFan

11-man fan
Thought I would stir it up a bit today and post a thought/opinion.

After spending more than a couple years watching my fair share of TAPPS sixman football and a couple of the "other" leagues, I have come to the conclusion that TAPPS football is far and above superior than TCAL/TCAF football. Not to take anything away from their champions, they earned those championships by taking care of their business. However, at the end of the day, TAPPS football is just so much better and played at a much higher level, top to bottom.

What say you?

Unfortunately....We will probably never get to know...Think the real strength in the private school area is coming out of TAIAO rather than TCAL/TCAF- Unless TAPPS allows Home School programs to come into the mix, all we will get is guessing...

Would put the top Home School teams (FEAST, THESA, Tyler HEAT, CHANT) up against most anyone...but until TAPPS stops penalizing teams for playing these teams (2 Playoff points), these games will continue to be harder and harder to schedule.

Might could even throw Stephenville FAITH into the mix of good homeschool teams.

No need to try and compare I would say the top couple of teams in every private school division would make a tough game against any of the others I believe SA CASTLE HILLS tapps 2 back to back champs lost to SA feast last year.

It sounds like to me that TAPPS just might be a little scared to play these "cracker jack" league teams. See these smaller leagues have nothing to lose and everything to prove. TAPPS has always seemed a little arrogant to me. I think we need to take a page from the WWE and have a night of champions. Take the state champions from all leagues and have a playoff, just like college does, and have finality about who is the best league and boasts the strongest team. Discuss!

Like it...Maybe even a TCAL/TCAF/TAPPS/TAIAO- Kick Off Classic...Get the winners of each division in a Week 1 program at a neutral site....Could be interesting!!!

I don't think Tapps is arrogant, nonetheless I do think the top teams in each league can be competitive with one another. To list a few :Lucas Christian, Dallas Covenant, ACHS, and Azle Christian of the world could play with anyone during their dominant years of late. I use to think that these teams in the different leagues should compete against each other. I don't feel that way anymore. Have pride in your school and the organization that governs them. People don't need to say this league is better or that league is better. To me that could be taken as arrogant. Let the pads speak not our comments. Players play and coaches need to coach. I respect every coach and league in our great state that we participate in. Some are more organized than others and some have tougher rules and regs. Tapps doesn't frown on other leagues but have to use a point system based on a certain criteria.

Coach JJ- Don't disagree...Each league is unique and serves its unique purpose...

The issue for TAPPS is their Playoff Point system overall- The appearance is little respect for anything other than UIL or TAPPS, even though neither will allow for Home School programs to play...

Think it has been proven that at the tops of most all of these programs, UIL, TAPPS, TCAL, TCAF, TAIAO, there is some quality football with quality young men... and any given Friday night.....

Back