TAPPS football vs TCAL/TCAF football

Hey guys- Not trying to stir up any issues...Trying to find a way to fill the competitive void that has been created by Mother Nature as I am looking at canceling my 7th Spring Practice this evening-

Upon reviewing the data, I am amazed at the quality that all involved with TCAF, TCAL, TAIAO have been able to produce on behalf of our amazing athletes...We all work within constraints that a lot of the Public/Private programs don't (heavy turnover, rented fields/equipment, volunteer coaching staff, financing provided through family contributions, etc.)

The following info was pulled to support more than the "eyeball test" but to provide some data to the earlier statement...This info is pulled based off of last years stats in MaxPreps...

Average Ranking of Entire League (top to bottom):
TAIAO 142.0
TCAF- 165.05
TCAL- 181.3

Average Ranking of Top 10 in League
TAIAO- 81.6
TCAF- 103.3
TCAL- 124.7

Number of Teams in Top 100 (state of Texas)
TAIAO- 6
TCAF- 3
TCAL- 4

Number of Teams in Top 125 (State of Texas)
TAIAO- 9
TCAF- 6
TCAL- 4

Number of Teams in Top 150 (State of Texas)
TAIAO- 10
TCAF- 9
TCAL- 5

I know that statistics can say whatever we want them to say, but based upon MaxPreps (and no, I have not gone through the sixmanfootball.com info) stats, think that it makes a pretty compelling case for TAIAO to at least be considered an equal of the other leagues....This is just the opinion of an old fat guy here in DFW, but again...I could be wrong!

YES!!! Finally some stats!!
The original discussion was TAPPS vs everything else I believe.
TCAL is a joke especially after last season when 4 of their top 5 teams left (Live Oak, Methodist Children's Home, FEAST, and THESA along with Tyler HEAT and a few other teams from Div 2)
I dont even know if TCAL will have enough teams for an eight team playoff this year,

OK- a little more statistical date....

I only ran through TAIAO Division 1 for last season-

TAIAO -vs- TAPPS- 4 wins -vs- 3 losses
TAIAO -vs- UIL- 10 wins -vs- 3 losses
TAIAO -vs- TCAL- 9 wins -vs- 2 losses
TAIAO -vs- TCAF- 5 wins -vs- 5 losses

Understandably this is a VERY SMALL sample to be able to make overall assessments...but back to the original statement that TAPPS is FAR AND AWAY the best league amongst non-UIL??? Think that might be a bit of a stretch....Guess that's why they play the game!!

Back