TCAL Football

coachbill

11-man fan
Happy New Year!

Because of the current growth and potential teams joining TCAL, the TCAL Football Meeting set for February 1st has been rescheduled for February 21st. This meeting will take place at TCAL Headquarters in San Antonio and begin at 11:00 AM. I need the extra time to visit potential schools and programs to share the good news of what God is doing in TCAL.

I will be sending preliminary districts in the weeks ahead. Please feel free to give me any feedback on how you recommend we structure the 2011 season. D1 will not use the PRS. We will have districts in both divisions sending the top team or teams in each district. In the meantime, please send me current enrollment numbers (boys only) for the month of January. Thanks for taking care of this ASAP.

Home school teams, please remember to count boys in all co-ops, all teams (i.e. basketball, baseball, etc.), and any high school siblings that do not play sports. If your boys play for another eligible program in another sport, that program's enrollment should be included in your enrollment numbers. This ruling will keep the playing field fair and support the health of TCAL and home school participation.

I am currently looking at dates to hold our Road to Victory Coaches Clinic. I have two schools from the north (Grandbary and Tyler Kings Academy) that want to facilitate the clinic. I will hold as many clinics as needed. However, these clinics must fund themselves. Last year we had a great turnout with great speakers. I have already spoken with most of the same speakers and most all of them are ready to set the dates. If you are from the southern region and would like to facilitate a clinic before next season, please let me know and I can share the details of what we do and what will be required from the facilitator. I will have dates confirmed by the February 21st coaches meeting, hopefully sooner.

Tribe Consolidated is starting an open independent Ladies Flag Football program this spring. We have schools committed in the North and Central regions. Hopefully we will gain a few in the southern and western regions as well. I am asking public schools, TAPPS, and TCAF schools to consider joining our quest to build this great sport into a statewide recognized sport. The outside schools will be invited to play in our inaugural tournament. TCAL has committed to hosting the invitational state tournament. This will also be a great way to promote our great league and introduce TCAL schools to Ladies Flag Football for the future!

This sport is a blast! Most of our ladies would pick FF over all the sports that they play. The fact that football has always been a guy's game drives them even more. Another fact is...they just love to play football. I don't believe my girls are the exception. I believe if you asked your ladies, most of them would be ready to play. It is 6 on 6 and most of the rules are similar to six-man football. This first year will be a test run for the future, very informal with each team determining who you'll play and the number of games you play. The only fee will be at tournament time, if you choose to play. Otherwise officiating can be done by parents, coaches, or TASO officials...your call as agreed between the two teams. I am drafting a set of rules that fit the ability of high school athletes. This sport is very inexpensive and your girls will have a blast! Florida has made flag football a ladies varsity sport. Texas will be next...Lord willing!

Thanks for your time and please call or email with any questions.

Blessings!
Billy Helm
TCAL Football
[email protected]

Hi I'm Coach Doug Sessums with Wise County Christian Home School Athletics and we are going to have a girls flag football this year. If anyone in the DFW area is going to have a team and would like to schedule game can email me at [email protected]. Thank you. Coach Doug

Back