TaRon and Crockett

MilfordInsider":35yusj2t said:
Borden County’s run is over and Milford’s is still continuing. Borden was not dominant in football, BC lost 3 games and were 45ed twice. I’m not trashing BC at all, the run they went on two years ago was super impressive maybe the best of all time? (and by run I mean Consecutive State appearances, Borden had one of the best runs ever.) As of right now there is no school who is as dominant as Milford in every sport.

By comparing BC's very recent championships then I don't understand how you say Milford's run is continuing when they haven't won any championships over the past two years. Compared to the other teams mentioned then by definition Milford hasn't started a run. It's disappointing to see several on here try very hard to give props to Milford only to see things get thrown back, unjustified. I'll say it one more time, Milford should absolutely be proud of their recent success. However, being the bridesmaid each time is not what you should strive to achieve. So by your own definitions, McLean is more dominate then Milford, at this time, because they won the most recent football state championship and currently, by the exports opinions based on rankings, on track to be more successful in basketball. Again, this is based on the stated definition that starts with "As of right now" and since one refuses to consider another teams program that is extremely recent, by definition.

When you go to 3 State Championships in 9 months that’s a run. McLean is the most dominant football school right now. But they’ve only been to state in football. Milford has been to State in Track, Cross Country , Football, and are trending towards it in basketball. Again everyone has there own opinion and I respect that . Personally my opinion is the top 5 Athletic programs in 1A AS OF RIGHT NOW IS
1. Milford
2. Strawn
3. Oakwood
4. Valley
5. Borden County

MilfordInsider":2gmudv66 said:
When you go to 3 State Championships in 9 months that’s a run. McLean is the most dominant football school right now. But they’ve only been to state in football. Milford has been to State in Track, Cross Country , Football, and are trending towards it in basketball. Again everyone has there own opinion and I respect that . Personally my opinion is the top 5 Athletic programs in 1A AS OF RIGHT NOW IS
1. Milford
2. Strawn
3. Oakwood
4. Valley
5. Borden County

And you have not won any of them. It takes more than just getting there. In fact, in the last nine months Valley has a single athlete that has more championships than Milford has competed in as a team. Step up to the alter and be the bride rather than always the bridesmaid.

Yep, Valley is the most dominant track school in 1A right now. No arguement there. If they were to play football vs Milford who would win? Basketball? Cross country? 4x1 Relay?

MilfordInsider":28q36no6 said:
Yep, Valley is the most dominant track school in 1A right now. No arguement there. If they were to play football vs Milford who would win? Basketball? Cross country? 4x1 Relay?

Oh insider your killing me lol. Borden county also won UIL academic Gold medals as did Valley where yall at on that???

FCSA football":1k34w5un said:
RE: Coaches anonymous.
I lived in Brenham for 9 years. I own a company there just a few blocks from the campus. I’m quite a B L I N N Buccaneer fan. I saw most of their games in 2009, including the 2009 Championship game. I drove to Fort Scott, Kansas to be there. The Buc’s won it on a punt return on the third to the last play of the game. Most of the Fort Scott team and fans didn’t see the play because they were already celebrating a championship as it slipped away. Blinn pulled quite a few games out like that in 2009 and I got to speak to some of the players after the games including Cam. He was a young man that made some ill advised decisions, as most people do at times. Over the course of that year, with their back against the wall many times Cam led the team to victory in games they weren’t supposed to win. They weren’t supposed to win the Championship game either. That season prepared him for what was to come in his career.
That JUCO year paved the way for him and he will be the first to tell you that. So don’t tell me where I get my facts, I was there! One of my Clocks is a scoreboard with the final score lit up.
Be careful who you are preaching to in the future son.
You might just find out you are like an alligator.
All mouth and no brain........
Just saying.......
Have wonderful day.

Now you're getting a little personal...
I'm glad that you got to enjoy watching Cam Newton play at a school that you enjoy being a fan of. No one ever questioned that. However, that's not what this conversation was all about. We were discussing the best place for a young, aspiring athlete to transition from the 6-man to the 11-man game. A topic in which I believe that we both had valid arguments. YOU took things into a whole other ballpark with these rants about Blinn and Cam and his stats, etc. You need to dial it back a notch with the insults. Clever as the comment may have been (and I'll give credit where credit is due), keep it classy and stay on point. Check your emotions at the door.

Back