TaRon and Crockett

MilfordInsider":3d41wg5n said:
Longhorn85":3d41wg5n said:
Has anyone noticed that in the TABC rankings... McLean is ranked 15 and Milford 24 right now?
I noticed. I noticed that McLean is 6-3 and Milford is 6-1. Milford’s only loss is to a 3A (Blooming Grove) in a Christmas Tournament that Milford played in with 0 days of practice. Milford is on a 6 Game win streak and has scored 104 points and 98 points in their last 2 games. These kids are hoopers, do not let the rankings fool ya.

Milford you just can't help yourself wow!!! Your full of excuses like no practice or they were 3a or Strawn only beat us because we had a long bus ride. You really are eat up.. don't forget Mclean drove 300 miles on 4 less days of practice and kicked yalls Butt. They kicked ours too in football but we didn't make excuses. The ranking only matter when the season is over.

Excuses? No I just gave the back story. Our boys walked into a basketball tournament where they were the only team who’d played less than 10 games. We played one of the best 3A teams in the Area and played darn good. Our boys are focused and are trying to reach their 3rd straight UIL state championship (Track 2018, Football 2018, Basketball 2019???). I think that will be a pretty awesome accomplishment if they can get it done. That’s why I say these kids are a rare breed of athletes. In my opinion Milford has the best athletic department in 1A.

I didn’t make excuses about the strawn game, Milford had a chance to win and came up short.

McLean didn’t have 4 less days of practice. I understand Milford played their semifinal game on Friday and McLean played theirs on Monday but this does not equal 4 less practice days. Teams don’t practice on Saturday or Sunday. I guess you could say “Milford practiced on Monday while McLean had to play a semifinal game” so that’s 1 extra practice. ( < Even though some would argue a big time playoff game is far more productive than a Monday practice.) Then I guess you would say McLean lost days of practice because they had to leave early and head to Arlington? But I saw on Twitter where McLean stopped on the way to Arlington to have practice in an indoor football practice facility while Milford was practicing outside in the cold... so your theory that “McLean had 4 less practice days than Milford” is a poorly thought one, and ignorant to say the least.

MilfordInsider":hdw7h6jp said:
I didn’t make excuses about the strawn game, Milford had a chance to win and came up short.

McLean didn’t have 4 less days of practice. I understand Milford played their semifinal game on Friday and McLean played theirs on Monday but this does not equal 4 less practice days. Teams don’t practice on Saturday or Sunday. I guess you could say “Milford practiced on Monday while McLean had to play a semifinal game” so that’s 1 extra practice. ( < Even though some would argue a big time playoff game is far more productive than a Monday practice.) Then I guess you would say McLean lost days of practice because they had to leave early and head to Arlington? But I saw on Twitter where McLean stopped on the way to Arlington to have practice in an indoor football practice facility while Milford was practicing outside in the cold... so your theory that “McLean had 4 less practice days than Milford” is a poorly thought one, and ignorant to say the least.

Lol you proved my point!! EXCUSES suck you make them all the time yet THE MINUTE someone else makes excuses then you have a problem with it. Your hypocrisy is habitual and exhausting. Adversity builds Champions unless you always find an excuse for that adversity... It always shows up.

FCSA football":1hz9cd3n said:
Blinn is spellled B L I N N,
Yes he played at Flordia, he appeared in a total of 6 games.
In 5 games in 2007 he competed a total of 5 out of 10 passes as a back up for TimTebow. He was injured in the first game of 2008 and was redshirted.
In 2009 At B L I N N he threw for 2,833 yards and led B L I N N to the NJCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.
He evidently gained A LITTLE experience and learned enough while there to go on to Auburn and lead them to an NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and win the Heisman Trophy and became the NUMBER ONE NFL draft pick.
I guess you guys are right. Going to JUCO’s to learn the game and get experience is just worthless and a waste of time!
Yep, worthless........
By the way why be anonymous? No guts, No glory !
Just saying..........

My apologies if I touched a nerve with the misspelling of BLINN College. Auto-correct has the tendency to be a nuisance.

I'm glad to see that you have the ability to harness the power of Google to look up stats to prove a point. Well done sir.

I'm certain Cam did learn at Blinn. I never claimed that he didn't learn. The difference between Cam Newton and most 6-man athletes is that Cam already knew the 11-man game. He had been playing it for awhile at a very high level, otherwise Florida would never have signed him in the first place. He simply needed to refine his game. Most 6-man athletes have never played 11-man, and therefore do not know the intricacies of the game. In my personal opinion, (because I'm pretty sure that is what this site is all about,) it would be easier to learn the game at a D3, or perhaps a redshirt season at a bigger school, than at a competitive JuCo.

And a side-note: Cam didn't transfer because he wasn't good enough. He transferred because he made some bad decisions at UF.

And to your final point, I'm not here for the "glory." I'm here to enjoy reading others opinions and engage in the occasional debate. No glory needed. Have a nice day, sir.

MilfordInsider":3zd69mp8 said:
Longhorn85":3zd69mp8 said:
Has anyone noticed that in the TABC rankings... McLean is ranked 15 and Milford 24 right now?
I noticed. I noticed that McLean is 6-3 and Milford is 6-1. Milford’s only loss is to a 3A (Blooming Grove) in a Christmas Tournament that Milford played in with 0 days of practice. Milford is on a 6 Game win streak and has scored 104 points and 98 points in their last 2 games. These kids are hoopers, do not let the rankings fool ya.

Man I was hoping you would reply :) When would they face Lipan?

MilfordInsider":2kz5wfp7 said:
Excuses? No I just gave the back story. Our boys walked into a basketball tournament where they were the only team who’d played less than 10 games. We played one of the best 3A teams in the Area and played darn good. Our boys are focused and are trying to reach their 3rd straight UIL state championship (Track 2018, Football 2018, Basketball 2019???). I think that will be a pretty awesome accomplishment if they can get it done. That’s why I say these kids are a rare breed of athletes. In my opinion Milford has the best athletic department in 1A.

If Milford makes it to State basketball in will be their 4th sport they’ve made it to state in in a row. This year Joey Orndorf made it to the State XC meet for the 2nd year in a row. (Football 2017 State Semi Finals, XC 2017 State finalists, Basketball 2018 3rd round, T&F 2018 State Finalists, XC 2018 State Finalist, Football 2018 State Finalist, Basketball 2019?? ) What an amazing run Milford Athletics is having. Top to bottoms the best Athletic program in 1A.

I have really come to enjoy this site much more this year. It reminds me of my grandmothers Novelas I used to watch as a kid. So much drama. Thank you for the constant entertainment.

MilfordInsider":2b5n64ph said:
MilfordInsider":2b5n64ph said:

If Milford makes it to State basketball in will be their 4th sport they’ve made it to state in in a row. This year Joey Orndorf made it to the State XC meet for the 2nd year in a row. (Football 2017 State Semi Finals, XC 2017 State finalists, Basketball 2018 3rd round, T&F 2018 State Finalists, XC 2018 State Finalist, Football 2018 State Finalist, Basketball 2019?? ) What an amazing run Milford Athletics is having. Top to bottoms the best Athletic program in 1A.

Um, have you ever heard of Borden County? They are not only the most dominating in athletics but also in academics. How many state championships has Milford had in the last 5 years? I think Borden County went back to back right? Also made it to the state tournament in basketball along with baseball oh and track. Most of their players are also state champions academically. Something about hard work always beating talent, that sure is crazy huh?

Champion1":19dz52kw said:
MilfordInsider":19dz52kw said:
MilfordInsider":19dz52kw said:

Um, have you ever heard of Borden County? They are not only the most dominating in athletics but also in academics. How many state championships has Milford had in the last 5 years? I think Borden County went back to back right? Also made it to the state tournament in basketball along with baseball oh and track. Most of their players are also state champions academically. Something about hard work always beating talent, that sure is crazy huh?

Couldn't agree with you more about Borden County. You would also have to lump Nazareth into the discussion but certainly not in the same category as BC. Nazareth is always very competitive in football, made it to the quarter finals last season in baseball (with 7 starters returning this year) and then of course there's basketball for both the girls and boys that is absolutely unmatched at any level across the state.

But this really shouldn't be a pi$$ing match about who's got the best program. We really just need to congratulate all the athletes we come in touch with in every town and support them no matter what. Cudo's to MilfordInsider for supporting his program which unquestionably is one of the top programs in the state. Certainly looking forward to following all teams as they get closer to the basketball playoffs and watching all baseball and track athletes perform.

Borden County’s run is over and Milford’s is still continuing. Borden was not dominant in football, BC lost 3 games and were 45ed twice. I’m not trashing BC at all, the run they went on two years ago was super impressive maybe the best of all time? (and by run I mean Consecutive State appearances, Borden had one of the best runs ever.) As of right now there is no school who is as dominant as Milford in every sport.

RE: Coaches anonymous.
I lived in Brenham for 9 years. I own a company there just a few blocks from the campus. I’m quite a B L I N N Buccaneer fan. I saw most of their games in 2009, including the 2009 Championship game. I drove to Fort Scott, Kansas to be there. The Buc’s won it on a punt return on the third to the last play of the game. Most of the Fort Scott team and fans didn’t see the play because they were already celebrating a championship as it slipped away. Blinn pulled quite a few games out like that in 2009 and I got to speak to some of the players after the games including Cam. He was a young man that made some ill advised decisions, as most people do at times. Over the course of that year, with their back against the wall many times Cam led the team to victory in games they weren’t supposed to win. They weren’t supposed to win the Championship game either. That season prepared him for what was to come in his career.
That JUCO year paved the way for him and he will be the first to tell you that. So don’t tell me where I get my facts, I was there! One of my Clocks is a scoreboard with the final score lit up.
Be careful who you are preaching to in the future son.
You might just find out you are like an alligator.
All mouth and no brain........
Just saying.......
Have wonderful day.

MilfordInsider":2djvpfz0 said:
Borden County’s run is over and Milford’s is still continuing. Borden was not dominant in football, BC lost 3 games and were 45ed twice. I’m not trashing BC at all, the run they went on two years ago was super impressive maybe the best of all time? (and by run I mean Consecutive State appearances, Borden had one of the best runs ever.) As of right now there is no school who is as dominant as Milford in every sport.

I can think of a few schools who have done what Milford has and accomplished more than them in the aspect of athletics. Milford is not above everyone. When was the last time they won State championship.

texas man":21y8hqu8 said:
Yea Cam got taught a Blinn not to dive on the ground for a loose fumble. The Broncos enjoyed that super bowl.
And just how many National Championship Rings do you have?
What year did you win the Heisman Trophy?
What NFL Team do you play for now ?
Hmmmmmm........
Just asking.........

MilfordInsider":1jt3cpp8 said:
@SixmanSpectator, What other schools has been to 3 State Championships in the last 9 months?

Well by looking it at that time frame of nine months maybe you can rest your argument there. But your stating that Milford is the best athletic program in the state is a bold statement. Borden County won state two years in a row and then made it to state in b-ball as well and they had multiple athletes at the state meet in track and if i'm not mistaken they were gold in one relay. Valley has had succcess in football by being state semi-finalist two years in a row, they were successful in basketball and they won the back-to-back state track meet champs. had multiple gold medals. Other teams like Happy, Jonesboro, etc have also done well. So milford is not special in that they are dominant in all sports as there are plenty of teams that have done a lot as well.

Back