Tapps Div. 3 rankings

Was just curious how six man.com has their ranking system showing WF Christian ranked #1 and Max Preps has them at #8 in division ? Max Preps shows them as 4-3 and only scoring 273 & allowing 246 scored against.... This is a huge difference between the two ranking sysytems and just curious if someone was just maybe sleeping on this one ? Granbury at #3 and SMHC at #5 with the most points scored & least amount allowed ? Strength of schedule couldn't play that much into it, as WF Christian schedule looks average at best, although I am not from the North so I couldn't say for sure. Seems like everyone that I read posting here seems to think District 3 of Div. 3 is the most difficult division around.

WCS jumped up after beating then #15 UIL II Lefors.
One big difference is that Sixmanfootball.com starts rankings in the preseason and adds their points each week of the regular season. Maxpreps waits until the 3rd week or so to even start their rankings. As for the point scale formula for each, I don't know.
WCS's 3 losses are to UIL I #22 Tioga, UIL II #23 Forestburg, and UIL II #24 Chillicothe. All three are leading their districts.
I believe that many of the other teams have started their season with much weaker opponents. The Stars will be ending their season with a few weaker opponents.

We can look at one common opponent between NCTA and WCS. NCTA beat Johnson County Sports Association 74-24 at halftime. WCS beat JCSA 57-12 on the first possession of the 3rd quarter. NCTA scored more, but also gave up more points.
NCTA's loss is to UIL I #45 Evant and has a signature win over WF Notre Dame. I mentioned WCS's significant win and losses above.
SMHC has a close loss to TAPPS II #4 Cedar Park Summit and it's signature win is against Freddy, who is always tough, but is down this season.
The only stat that really matters is the score at the end of the games. We'll see what happens.

I know these rankings are all formula based, but there needs to be a human element. I'm not saying Notre Dame needs to be ranked #1, but in no way should they be ranked under WC. They beat them too convincingly on the road. As it stands now I think Granbury is the team to beat.

But like others have said before on these boards, the only ranking that matters is the one at the end of the season.

Back