Predictions: TAPPS Div. 2/3 - District 6

GeauxTigers

Six-man fan
Well, it's that time again!

I wanted to start off a discussion about TAPPS Div. 2/3 - District 6 because this is the District that won the Div. 3 State Title in 2016 (Baytown Christian).

Here's my initial thoughts (subject to change) on Final District Rankings for 2017:

1. Conroe Covenant - this team got their "feet wet" in the Playoffs last year and should be "primed" for a BIG run this season. They return lots of starters and should be STACKED on Defense! With Baytown losing so many BIG Time All-State athletes from their State Championship team--Conroe Covenant should be the team to beat in this district!

2. I think LJ Brazosport Christian and Baytown Christian will BATTLE it out for Runner-Up in this district. Brazosport is always loaded with speed and this season should be no different. Although I don't see them beating Conroe, I think they have a shot to run the table against the rest of the District (including Baytown). Of course, I don't want to count out Baytown Christian. After all, they are undefeated in this district for 3 straight years! However, they have lost so many STUD players that I'm not yet sure how good they will be this year. I will reserve judgement until I get to see them play. They have great coaching and a few good athletes returning--but it will be difficult for that squad to fill the shoes of Lister, Ellis,Bravo, and the Green brothers. One thing is for sure, it will be fun to watch!

For the other 5 teams in this district, I will reserve comment at this time until I get to watch them. Regardless, I don't see any other team finishing higher than 4th place behind Conroe, Brazosport, and Baytown.

Please comment with your thoughts. Do you agree with any of this or am I off my rocker?

I agree with your Conroe pick. They'll have a solid O line and D line. Running back won't be the same as they'll have to find another gymnast to balance the load like last years RB
Brazosport is very confident this season with so many young players returning now with experience
Don't count out AO. They always have a balanced hard nosed offense

Back