TAPPS DII Rankings

whenpigsfly

11-man fan
It's hard to be accurate with all the major changes to teams every year. And lets be honest, you honestly don't even know what teams are actually playing until week zero sometimes.

Thought i would start off with that so nobody was under the impression that i was down talking Mr. Granger's rankings.

Just noticed that this board has been rather quiet and wanted to see now that scrimmages have been played, if anybody has any strong opinions on who they see making some noise this year.

I think even with the new addition to the coaching staff, Freddy won't be in the state game.

I like Granbury this year. They have speed that will be very tough to compete with.

Jesus Chapel has got a lot to prove. I've never paid too much attention to them honestly.

I've got my dark horse picked... but don't want to put it out there yet.. I'll wait until district play

I like LS... and with the coach they have, some saying one of the best in the state. I think they get the nod in that dist. 5
not really sure about the team in orange or brenham. I guess this weekend will tell a lot about who's got what! How about some of the coaches who know 6 man and know the teams let us know how they think its looks in the top 10 divII

I think Longview Trinity will be strong this year. They scrimmaged Carrolton Christian two weeks ago Friday and, while there were mistakes on both sides of the ball, I think they made a good showing. They're strong on offense but have some questions that need to be answered on defense. There were two starters out for Trinity who will be playing this Saturday against Tyler Heat. One was the leading rusher from last year. If the defense can improve on tackling, containment and taking good angles, I think Trinity will be a strong contender. You guys are absolutely right about not really knowing how you stack up until you play, but it sure is fun and I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

whenpigsfly":3stw6pcv said:
It's hard to be accurate with all the major changes to teams every year. And lets be honest, you honestly don't even know what teams are actually playing until week zero sometimes.

Thought i would start off with that so nobody was under the impression that i was down talking Mr. Granger's rankings.

Trust me, I am unimpressed with my rankings.... I think we got the teams that are playing (except one we know of that has changed 'ownership'.... but more on that later.

david9h":3uemivu7 said:
I think Longview Trinity will be strong this year. They scrimmaged Carrolton Christian two weeks ago Friday and, while there were mistakes on both sides of the ball, I think they made a good showing. They're strong on offense but have some questions that need to be answered on defense. There were two starters out for Trinity who will be playing this Saturday against Tyler Heat. One was the leading rusher from last year. If the defense can improve on tackling, containment and taking good angles, I think Trinity will be a strong contender. You guys are absolutely right about not really knowing how you stack up until you play, but it sure is fun and I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Trinity is prolly the 2nd best team in that district. Heath Fulton is getting a lot of coverage by the local papers calling them the best team in the area...crushed Rockwall Heritage and Fruitvale in scrimmage two weeks ago while missing 4 starters due to injury. Last week in scrimmages, I stopped by and watch them dominate Canyon Creek, Irving Faustina, and Cleburne Christian...scored 9 or 10 TD's and allowed 0. If they stay healthy, they are the team to beat in the north/east. LS coach gets a lot of props, but Fulton has a good staff with a very strong coach. The Trinity-Fulton game later in the season ought to be a fun one!

Hey Lazy get off the couch and go see the games/scrimmages you are commenting on. "Crushed" Rockwall Heritage, really? Heritage moved the ball in large chunks in a 15 play set, they did not score, 5 unforced fumbles after big plays ended those thoughts. Fulton did not play offense against the Rock because they left the scrimmage after one offensive set against Fruitvale. This was a 4 team scrimmage and the rest of the teams played each other on offense and defense.

I really could care less who or whom won a scrimmage or game, but please report what really happened not your fairy tales.

Mudcat22, maybe "crushed" was a little harsh. I'm an HCA fan as well, so I'm fairly unbiased. But, what I saw was not 5 "unforced" turnovers. 1 where the ball came out of the hands of the RB after a long gain, but 2 strong interceptions, and 2 clean rips of the football. Allowing 1 TD on the final play of the 12 to 15 plays against an Eagle offense that has been running the same plays since 5th grade is pretty stout. That defense looked very tough to me. But, as you said it was a scrimmage, and you are correct about the remainder of the scrimmage with Fulton only playing 1 series of off/def against HCA and Fruitvale. But, I think you would have to admit that if you watched the same scrimmage I did that Fulton was well-prepared and a VERY fast team. The Rock will be ready come district, but I think Fulton was a better team that day.

Lazy, way to get off the couch and recover nicely. With no dog in this fight: I can honestly say the Rock looked like it was their first series of the year (which it was) but as plays went on throughout the day the mistakes were dwindling quickly. The entire day the gap between the others and the Rock grew. It looked like the Rock really did not have a concern about Fulton and Fulton really wanted to prove something. That is what I saw.

As for coaching; been watching Johnson and Hargraves coached teams for a few years now. Prepared; Always.

For what it's worth ( not much), this is the current 'rankings' I have for Div2 Tapps, Hard to do as I don't have a good grasp on who some of these teams are and if they are even part of the Tapps organization. Of course I welcome factual changes/corrections.

Tapps Div 2:

District1
El Paso Jesus Chapel 56.3
Lubbock Kingdom Prep 54.0
Plainview Christian 37.2
Lubbock Christ the King 18.1

District2
Brownwood Victory Life 60.8
Wichita Falls Notre Dame 55.3
Granbury NCTA 44.7
Wichita Falls Christian 32.9

District3:
Heath Fulton 57.5
Longview Trinity 34.3
McKinney Cornerstone 22.3
Killeen Memorial 16.6

District4:
Fredericksburg Heritage 52.5
Seguin Lifegate 46.0
San Antonio Town East 42.2
San Antonio Castle Hills 32.3
San Marcos Hill Country 20.4
River City Believers 16.2
SA Believers 15.6
San Antonio New Life 14.4

District5:
Alvin Living Stones 53.1
Brenham Christian 43.9
Bellville Faith 37.5
Orange Community Christian 26.1
Lake Jackson Brazosport 23.5
Houston Texas Christian 20.0
Magnolia Legacy Prep 10.3

Possible members, not affiliated:
Houston Emery-Weiner 55.3
Katy Faith West 18.4
Richardson Canyon Creek 15.2
Carrollton Christian 9.6

I have worked with Coach J off and on for 4 years and he is one of the brightest, smart, excited young coaches in 6man TAPPS. I had him at Fellowship Academy in Arlington in 08' with me and he blew me away with his passion and knowledge. As soon as I could get him over to Fulton when I got there in 09' I did. He is a Godly man as well!

Even though I'm not at Fulton anymore, I still follow his fine work and the coaching staff there! great men...

Coach Peters

This may be hard to read but shows Granger's Zero Week rankings, results, spread and unofficial wild card points earned.

Rank School Record Rating Change Zero Week Results Spread TAPPS Wildcard Pts. Earned
1 Fredericksburg Heritage 1-0 241.94 0 Defeated SA Atonement 46-0 Up 45 2
2 EP Jesus Chapel 1-0 205.55 0 Defeated Dell City 54-8 Up 32 4
3 Granbury NCTA 1-0 203.11 0 Defeated SA Lutheran 66-18 Up 45 4
4 Brownwood Victory Life 0-1 194.8 0 Lost to Dallas Tyler St. Christian 56-6 Up 45 0
5 WF Notre Dame 0-0 192.69 0 Did not play 0
6 Alvin Living Stones 0-1 165.5 0 Lost to Apple Springs 54-51 Up 23 0
7 Heath Fulton 1-0 156.71 0 Defeated Cedar Park Summit Christian 60-12 Up 45 4
8 SA Town East 1-0 152.2 0 Defeated West Columbia Charter 50-0 Up 45 2
9 Seguin Lifegate 1-0 119.68 0 Defeated Christian Academy of SA 54-6 Up 10 4
10 Orange Community Christian 1-0 109.59 0 Defeated Hunstville Alpha Omega 87-40 Up 10 4
11 Brenham Christian 0-1 109.3 0 Lost to Houston Emery Weiner 23-0 Down 45 0
12 SA Castle Hills 0-1 107.4 0 Lost to Kerrville Our Lady of the Hills 58-47 Down 45 0
13 Lubbock Kingdom Prep 1-0 94.95 0 Defeated Buena Vista 51-34 Down 45 4
14 McKinney Cornerstone 1-0 90.33 0 Defeated Melissa CHANT Home School 26-25 Up 45 2
15 Lake Jackson Brazosport Christian 0-1 82.84 0 Lost to Houston Mt Carmel Charter 80-51 Down 23 0
16 Houston Texas Christian 0-0 78.94 0 Did not play 0
17 Bellville Faith 0-0 77.87 0 Game Called at half- no game Up 29 0
18 Longview Trinity 0-1 74.64 0 Lost to Tyler HEAT Home School 39-27 Up 28 0
19 Lubbock Christ the King 0-1 69.35 0 Lost to Nazareth 79-0 No line 0
20 San Marcos Hill Country Christian 0-1 67.28 0 Lost to Lometa 60-14 Down 45 0
21 Killeen Memorial 0-0 61.59 0 Did not play 0
22 Wichita Falls Christian 1-0 58.34 0 Defeated Patton Springs 47-0 Up 2 4
23 Selma River City Believers 0-0 56.36 0 Did not play 0
24 Plainview Christian 0-1 53.4 0 Lost to Wilson 84-60 Down 45 0
25 SA New Life 0-0 46.83 0 Did not play 0
26 Magnolia Legacy Prep 0-1 30.03 0 Lost to Baytown Christian 70-0 Down 45 0

Back