Strawn

Yeah that pic isnt good for quelling the rumors for sure.

Isnt the bigger issue how Burkhardt bribbed the UIL to send Strawn out west? 😉

I heard RS then heard he turned it down but Strawn would be a great fit for him
Yes it would and Braxton would give Strawn much needed help. However, hiring a coach (Ethridge) with a stud kid to Strawn would be equivalent to the WV coach going to RS with his stud kid. Both would be eligible. Just the stud RB from San Saba would be ineligible or should be for RS.

It is a shame that most winning teams have move ins that make a huge difference. Not just 6 man but other sports and divisions. The honest schools and coaches hardly have a chance.

….. most winning teams have move ins that make a huge difference. Not just 6 man but other sports and divisions. The honest schools and coaches hardly have a chance.
Winning schools and programs draw move-ins and transfers. I would like to think that any athletically inclined parents would make sure that their move would enroll their athletic child in a winning program, not a perennial loser. Just because a school or coach is honest doesn’t mean that they can’t accept a transfer or move-in that could help them athletically, academically, musically, Or in any other capacity.
And accepting move-ins and transfers doesn’t necessarily make a school or coach dishonest.

Last edited:
Winning schools and programs draw move-ins and transfers. I would like to think that any athletically inclined parents would make sure that their move would enroll their athletic child in a winning program, not a perennial loser. Just because a school or coach is honest doesn’t mean that they can’t accept a transfer or move-in that could help them athletically, academically, musically, Or in any other capacity.
And accepting move-ins and transfers doesn’t necessarily make a school or coach dishonest.
Strawn and Gordon are hardly the talent magnets of six man football. Few job opportunities unless willing to drive to an hour or more to Abilene or Fort Worth and very little of any decent affordable housing. Working class families are not attracted to live in those old frame homes built in the 1930's and 1940's in a town where there are few amenities. If a student's family is from both Gordon and Strawn( Wife went to Gordon while the husband went to school at Strawn) I don't see where the term move in or transfer applies. Home is either place they decide to live. Their choice. Student lost out because Gordon felt jilted.

Yes the good ole justification from Academics before sports Tex. Moving for sports is now accepted but only if you move to Strawn, and or from an 8 mile radius, or any ancestral claims to the area. Besides I don’t think many towns of the great sixman have any of the above you mentioned.

Strawn just had an student deemed ineligible today by the UIL.
Correct. I fully understand that. It was for Tex and his long standing argument of other schools being win at all cost and not putting academics before sports. Yet here we are in a very short time. The tall kid comes back to town goes through this process. Rigdons come for a clear path to academic success. Now the ole ancestral rights claim that unfortunately didn’t work out for the kid. Still he manages to wake up every morning and wag that finger in other directions.

Just to clarify. All of it no matter the school or kid Its just amusing to me is all. Again I do not care where anyone moves. It’s not a kid, nor a school that makes this happen it’s the parents. Its up to the UIL in the end.

Correct. I fully understand that. It was for Tex and his long standing argument of other schools being win at all cost and not putting academics before sports. Yet here we are in a very short time. The tall kid comes back to town goes through this process. Rigdons come for a clear path to academic success. Now the ole ancestral rights claim that unfortunately didn’t work out for the kid. Still he manages to wake up every morning and wag that finger in other directions.
Arnie you are correct. The Rigdons went to Strawn because of academics. I’m sure Coach Rigfon will attest that his family is much smarter after leaving Richland Springs and embarking on a new journey with the Strawn greyhounds. And happier too. You let the cat out of the bag. Please continue to share your astute observations.

Arnie you are correct. The Rigdons went to Strawn because of academics. I’m sure Coach Rigfon will attest that his family is much smarter after leaving Richland Springs and embarking on a new journey with the Strawn greyhounds. And happier too. You let the cat out of the bag. Please continue to share your astute observations.
Got em coach. Unfortunately I have no cats to let loose Tex. No keyboard fatigue here or anywhere. Looks like you might though from typing so fast responding from your hurt pride. You misspelled RIGDON. Try proof reading before you panic post.

Back