Strawn improves to 4-2

His number last year as a freshman. IDK why the change, maybe sentimental. An injury during the game of another? Did 13 used to be 3?

After watching Strawn and Ranger last night. Strawn may be the best team in the district. Big , fast and block well. Lee has put his stamp on this team.
Strawn will have to play with a lot more fire to beat Newcastle than what they showed at Ranger. Newcastle running backs refused to be tackled on several occasions last year at Strawn and they are all back this season.

Strawn will have to play with a lot more fire to beat Newcastle than what they showed at Ranger. Newcastle running backs refused to be tackled on several occasions last year at Strawn and they are all back this season.
True. While Coach Lee is great on focus, I have to wonder if the hounds weren't already overlooking Ranger thinking of the bye, then Newcastle. Favored to 45 them they were surprised early on and were a bit sloppy.
I've also seen great improvement in multiple players this year on both offense and defense, sophomores to seniors. The seniors have really stepped up, leading the team.

Strawn gets third in district. They won't compete with NC and GB. NC has two studs that they won't stop. GB has probably the best player in the district, probably top 5 player in the state. They won't stop him. Good luck to them though. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Strawn gets third in district. They won't compete with NC and GB. NC has two studs that they won't stop. GB has probably the best player in the district, probably top 5 player in the state. They won't stop him. Good luck to them though. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
How long has it been since Strawn missed the playoffs?

This is not worth starting a thread over, but I can't ask Mike to post it under broadcasts as it's not official per the website. It still shows the Ranger game up next for Strawn. But, the link says live stream video for all regular season games when possible. Live audio for all games. They have video streamed all games thus far. I guess it depends on Julie's cell phone signal strength from Newcastle. I Think you May be able to watch or a least hear the Strawn - Newcastle game here tomorrow night. I hope so, I can't handle that drive at night anymore.

I probably shouldn't bring the Hounds up after last Friday, though Newcastle may be under rated, the reason for my post in part. They are now 5-3, all losses to top 30 teams. They still have a chance to step up at the end of the year.
I saw/heard about 30 seconds of the Newcastle game on Microplex News with their internet connectivity problems. Followed scores on the SHS FB Football page.
I heard just enough to wonder. Coach Mallory, Shane Mallory will have them motivated. I did a double take. Did I miss this in DCTF? I thought he went to Newcastle as a superintendent, after being a principal in (?), retiring from coaching after Union Hill.
No, I didn't miss it in DCTF. The Newcastle coach when it went to publication was Isaih Archer. Is Shane coaching again, assistant, HC? If HC, why, but, Great!

Shane Mallory definitely must get those Newcastle players jacked up before playing Strawn, but I knew from last year's game that Newcastle would be special this season. Newcastle should make a long playoff run depending on if they can play tougher defense against Benjamin and/or Jayton. Congrats to Newcastle.

Shane is the Superintendent at Newcastle but also helps coach the football program as their OC
Thank you, very much. I'm out of town, out of touch anymore. A great guy I'm proud to know just a little bit. Successful everywhere he's been, a SC Coach. Him calling the plays ups the Newcastle game a bit imho.

I may be wrong about the hounds. I do think whichever 2 teams represent. this district in the playoffs will win the bi district round of the playoffs

Back