STATE FOOTBALL GAMES 12/12/15

coach Roberts":t0xza8sw said:
Gives me chills reading that.
Your one of the best Coach Crawford

I have been talking this for years! That is why Abbott has a real chance to win the state. I have seen the boys that come out of his program and they love their families and take care of them!! Reminder I got them by 16.

Weather now saying high of 76 and winds up to 18 mph....

I also got off the phone this evening with one of the guys doing the broadcasts for the NFHS on Saturday. He is a young (to me), but veteran broadcaster who has been to six-man games. It should be in good hands.

#excited

oh, and on the subject of Terry Crawford...

He is the consummate professional. He stands for all of the right things. He is a good man. I am proud to consider him a friend....

I say all of this knowing full well he's an Aggie through and through.

granger":35yho8rq said:
oh, and on the subject of Terry Crawford...

He is the consummate professional. He stands for all of the right things. He is a good man. I am proud to consider him a friend....

I say all of this knowing full well he's an Aggie through and through.

Well somebody's got to take care of the sheep around Abbott. Willie's gettin a little old (and not an Aggie). Sorry, just couldn't resist a comment about sheep and Aggies. I've respected his program for years. In spite of the one Pustejovsky I know :).

Hill County":3az3jqt0 said:
coach Roberts":3az3jqt0 said:
Gives me chills reading that.
Your one of the best Coach Crawford

I have been talking this for years! That is why Abbott has a real chance to win the state. I have seen the boys that come out of his program and they love their families and take care of them!! Reminder I got them by 16.
Congrats to the coach and team. I think he took them farther than a lesser coach would have. Still say they will be 45'd and probably at the half.

I'm not going to get into it with the Savoy people. I am one also. I've been a fan here for the last 32 years. Married to a Savoy alum, and she didn't want to leave. Raised two kids here in the this district. Both are in teaching profession. One coached here for six years, till this same kind of talk helped convince him that he was better off somewhere else. I've been on the school board for the last 20 years and was the lone vote on a board to go six man in 01. I've heard all the complaints, had some myself. For several years we couldn't get a coach to come here who wasn't at the end of a career or had problems elsewhere. The past several years we have enjoyed a certain amount of success in athletics and we kept a coaching staff together that worked their butts off learning a new game.
The one thing that we don't bring up is that drive in someones heart to win it all. That, to me comes from years of sacrifice and hard work. We do have some talented kids, some that really played way above their talents, some played way under theirs. As parents we sometimes look at our kids as being the greatest thing since sliced bread. People, kids will say or do what they think the parents want to see or hear. In truth, there is no drive, only the wearing of the uniform. I was lucky to have one child that played here in Savoy that had that motor. Even with that, I still rode him hard to stay after the workouts.
In all, we have some really great kids here in Savoy, just like everyone else has great kids. I try to talk to kids from teams we played and either congratulate them or tell them keep their heads up. Our coaches will get the job done each time. Teams come out flat and things happen. They are making better and quicker adjustments than when we started. They learn just like the kids. You and I can learn from this too, lets just keep it civil. This is all I'm posting about this.

RedBird Man":3my4p9k9 said:
I'm not going to get into it with the Savoy people. I am one also. I've been a fan here for the last 32 years. Married to a Savoy alum, and she didn't want to leave. Raised two kids here in the this district. Both are in teaching profession. One coached here for six years, till this same kind of talk helped convince him that he was better off somewhere else. I've been on the school board for the last 20 years and was the lone vote on a board to go six man in 01. I've heard all the complaints, had some myself. For several years we couldn't get a coach to come here who wasn't at the end of a career or had problems elsewhere. The past several years we have enjoyed a certain amount of success in athletics and we kept a coaching staff together that worked their butts off learning a new game.
The one thing that we don't bring up is that drive in someones heart to win it all. That, to me comes from years of sacrifice and hard work. We do have some talented kids, some that really played way above their talents, some played way under theirs. As parents we sometimes look at our kids as being the greatest thing since sliced bread. People, kids will say or do what they think the parents want to see or hear. In truth, there is no drive, only the wearing of the uniform. I was lucky to have one child that played here in Savoy that had that motor. Even with that, I still rode him hard to stay after the workouts.
In all, we have some really great kids here in Savoy, just like everyone else has great kids. I try to talk to kids from teams we played and either congratulate them or tell them keep their heads up. Our coaches will get the job done each time. Teams come out flat and things happen. They are making better and quicker adjustments than when we started. They learn just like the kids. You and I can learn from this too, lets just keep it civil. This is all I'm posting about this.

well said.

RedBird Man":2wre6zd1 said:
Married to a Savoy alum, and she didn't want to leave. Raised two kids here in the this district.

You and OFB should get along great. I think he married a BC alum and she did not want to leave either.....

Old Bearkat":wbyeedjn said:
RedBird Man":wbyeedjn said:
Married to a Savoy alum, and she didn't want to leave. Raised two kids here in the this district.

You and OFB should get along great. I think he married a BC alum and she did not want to leave either.....
I think ofb is from Klondike and his wife is from O'Donnell.

Old Bearkat":1o7ido1a said:
RedBird Man":1o7ido1a said:

Nope, the Mrs is an O'Donnell alum. She said there ain't no way in hades her kids were going there, so we're in BC.

smokeyjoe53":3fjoqxkz said:
Wasn't Dan Blocker from O'Donnell?
smokeyjoe53":3fjoqxkz said:
Wasn't Dan Blocker from O'Donnell?

Yep, but many on here won't know who your talkin about Hoss. He was a Hoss on the field for Hardin Simmons and I think while he was at Sull Ross too. Purple Heart in Korea.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0088779/bio

Dum dada dum, dum dada dum Bonanza!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=bonanza+tv ... 14577fb151

Every Sunday evening. Was it before or after the Walt Disney hour?

Dan was a good friend of my sister-in-law's uncle, Jack Graves. They played together at Sul Ross. Dan went into acting, Jack became a U.S Marshal.

BE":8r9uo53i said:
Wasn't it sandwiched between Walt Disney and The Wild Kingdom?
Man, you took me way back with that....

Did you get up early enough on weekends to watch Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan, and the Roy Rodgers' Show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mROOk74jV24

Yes, forgot about the Wild Kingdom. Remember the black and white Tarzan, Jane and Cheetah, as well as Roy Rodgers(Lenoard Slye) from Fort Worth Texas, and reading later of his appearance's at the Fat Stock Show.
Happy Trails.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hap ... &FORM=VDRE

God Bless Trigger, and Lassie. White Christmas is on right now. Simpler times. Merry Christmas all.
And good football to you per Don (Hardin and Meredith).

Back