STATE FOOTBALL GAMES 12/12/15

jtspitzer

11-man fan
Everyone going to the state games this weekend be sure to tune into thetuckerbrownshow.com to listen to the audio from the stands on your smart device. IF you can't make the game than tune in from anywhere to listen live. We are currently looking for more sponsors to cover the game. A portion of your sponsorship will go towards a scholarship given to a player of the year voted on by the fans on our Facebook page. Good luck to all of the teams.. Richland is seeking their 7th state championship creating a true dynasty in the world of 6 man football. For those talking about a down year. There has been down years off and on for the past 6 years. Thats how this game works. Whats amazing is the growing number of 6 man schools across the state. IF you wish to sponsor this weeks games as a business or just as a fan hit us up on Facebook or email us at [email protected].

Have A Good one

WE have several packages including basic sponsorships, FULL GAME SPONSORS, PRE-GAME SPONSORS, QUARTER SPONSORS, HALFTIME SPONSORS, POST GAME SPONSORS, TOUCHDOWN SPONSORS. WE Will have coaches and player interviews during our broadcast so tune it. Email for a list of price and help us continue to put this great game on the map and grow the popularity of our great game that we love.

I think seeing RS and Crowell in the finals is a testament to how much the coaching really matters. Know small school has a abundance of phenomenal athletes year after year. I fully expect RS and Crowell to win their championship games (Crowell game could be a slaughter), but Crowell probably didn't have the best D-1 athletes on their team this year. Take my own Savoy Cardinals, we had a guy who medaled in the 100m in state last year and had a dang good crop of athletes the last few years, our coaching just isn't up to the standards of most of the top teams in D-1 or D-2. As long as we have the present coaching staff two rounds deep will be about our limit and three rounds for sure. Not to say our coach isn't a nice guy, he is. But he just doesn't have the experience or skill set to take a team to State championship game level. You gotta have great coaching to win championships.

SavoyFan":1cjmwg0a said:
I think seeing RS and Crowell in the finals is a testament to how much the coaching really matters. Know small school has a abundance of phenomenal athletes year after year. I fully expect RS and Crowell to win their championship games (Crowell game could be a slaughter), but Crowell probably didn't have the best D-1 athletes on their team this year. Take my own Savoy Cardinals, we had a guy who medaled in the 100m in state last year and had a dang good crop of athletes the last few years, our coaching just isn't up to the standards of most of the top teams in D-1 or D-2. As long as we have the present coaching staff two rounds deep will be about our limit and three rounds for sure. Not to say our coach isn't a nice guy, he is. But he just doesn't have the experience or skill set to take a team to State championship game level. You gotta have great coaching to win championships.

Wow. I wonder if the Savoy coach is even aware that some of the community feel this way. Tough place...dang.

Blue Bird":ciut0e7x said:
Talent always plays a larger roll than coaching, despite what some coaches on this board tries to tell you.
Maybe...... But a lot of the time that talent is developed by a program starting early with kids from 1st grade on up...... Kind of a chicken & egg thang........

At least it looks like the weather is going to be good. Friday is supposed to get up to 81 in Abilene (WHAT???), then Saturday the high is 70 and partly cloudy. The big question will be the wind, which is expected to be around 15 mph.

Had a guy tell me that he filled with gas in Sweetwater last Saturday, he said that the wind was so strong and cold he just knew those windmills were producing wind instead of electricity!

Jones26":3tqjga2l said:
SavoyFan":3tqjga2l said:

Wow. I wonder if the Savoy coach is even aware that some of the community feel this way. Tough place...dang.
Coaching can be a tough job. Job performance is on veiw for the whole world to see. I'm not sure what he is aware of? I don't think its like a groundswell to run him off or something. But I do know a lot of the parents have resigned thereselves to the fact we will probably never be a deep playoff team or have a shot at making a finals under the current situation. It's no secret among those on this board we are in a small and weak district, but as long as we make the playoffs there may not be the stomach for change. Which is a shame. Because I think since Savoy has started six man we match up very well athlete wise with the top teams in D-1 most years. But like I said big gap in coaching. Look at the Abbott game. They were more than beatable. Definitely a game you can chalk up to weak coaching.
By the way I think Coach is a nice guy and has done a decent job. Not trying to diss the guy. But facts are facts. To have powerhouse teams year in and year out you have to really good coaching.

Blue Bird":2exj82z7 said:
Talent always plays a larger roll than coaching, despite what some coaches on this board tries to tell you.

Bull butter Blue Bird. What is that based on. I can name a baker's dozen teams right now who are sitting home with talent as good, some better, as any of the four teams playing at Shotwell. Most of them didn't develop their potential weapons to the level necessary to prevail.
We all get out-coached sometime, even if it's only the second half, or on 3rd downs.

BE":1mk3lgb8 said:
Blue Bird":1mk3lgb8 said:

Bull butter Blue Bird. What is that based on. I can name a baker's dozen teams right now who are sitting home with talent as good, some better, as any of the four teams playing at Shotwell. Most of them didn't develop their potential weapons to the level necessary to prevail.
We all get out-coached sometime, even if it's only the second half, or on 3rd downs.
This is very true! And like I said in a small school you can be very successful with a great coach and just a couple of big guns. Not so in a big school you need to have great coaching and a stable full of studs.

HP Drifter":33s5l7ww said:
Fan, bet if you got your degree, with your knowledge you could lead your team to the promise land.
I've got my degree. And degrees do not make a great coach. Like I said its a tough job. I'm sure not saying I could do better. But then again I didn't apply nor was I hired for the job. I think most on this board who have played Savoy in the past few years wouldn't say my observations are to off base. We have found some success in 6-man and I think your either satisfied with competeting for district and bi-district trophies or you decide that you want to get the personel in place to take it to the next level. I think it's also note worthy to mention that in my opinion enrollment numbers were NEVER our problem in 11 man. It was a lack of commitment from the school board to provide decent facilities and good coaches. Since Savoy restarted a football program in the 80s most of those years a lack of good athletes was never the issue (although some years were weak, like most schools) just really poor coaching. In fact I'm not sure any coach we ever had in 11man has a lifetime winning record....

SavoyFan":10vm2enn said:
HP Drifter":10vm2enn said:
Fan, bet if you got your degree, with your knowledge you could lead your team to the promise land.
I've got my degree. And degrees do not make a great coach. Like I said its a tough job. I'm sure not saying I could do better. But then again I didn't apply nor was I hired for the job. I think most on this board who have played Savoy in the past few years wouldn't say my observations are to off base. We have found some success in 6-man and I think your either satisfied with competeting for district and bi-district trophies or you decide that you want to get the personel in place to take it to the next level. I think it's also note worthy to mention that in my opinion enrollment numbers were NEVER our problem in 11 man. It was a lack of commitment from the school board to provide decent facilities and good coaches. Since Savoy restarted a football program in the 80s most of those years a lack of good athletes was never the issue (although some years were weak, like most schools) just really poor coaching. In fact I'm not sure any coach we ever had in 11man has a lifetime winning record....
Savoy's coaches are young and are learning as they go. I know their initial game plans were based on what they learned from Mike Reed and some other top notch guys.
Savoy has had some talent, but they don't seem to have the commitment needed to become true contenders.
Instead of bashing the coaches, encourage the players to workout year round.

Back