Speckulashen

51eleven

Six-man expert
A hero of mine, Dandy Don Meredith was the first place I heard "if if's and butt's were candies and nut's we'd all have a Merry Christmas".
And I know speculation is useless, a waste of time. But since the wife is watching another Christmas movie...
If Harrison Nowak had a healthy hand against May would it have been worth 13 points? 11 against Gordon?
Might the Greyhounds been about to get trounced by Crowell as everyone predicts for May?

I'll tell you what isn't speculation. Back to back state championship appearances by the May Tigers!! Win or lose there is no shame in our game.

I had a chance to see a six man playoff game last night in Granbury ( May vs Blum) for the first time since 2008's Strawn-Abbott game in Glen Rose. Rather cold that night in Glen Rose. Dang six years! I sat in the good seats on the home side at Granbury , the ones with the back supports! I thought Granbury did a good job, the nachos were good and the coffee hot and good and ample amount served. I got hooked on six man playoff football in '94 , Milford 32 - Mullin 30 in a quarter final in Hamilton.

I thought Blum and May were pretty well matched. Blum fumbled a couple of times within short yards of scoring in the first half. That hurt them big time...part of the game. May turned on the defense in the second half stopping Blum several times on 4th down and scoring themselves thus the difference.

I don't know a lot about any six man teams other than keeping track of their schedules and scores. Crowell won 100-50 so was this another 45er? The team seems to be dominant for 2014 having 45d everyone but Calvert and as I understand a game Crowell held a 45-26 lead when the game was called for inclement weather.

Anyway, congrats to May and Blum. I really do appreciate the six man game and think Austin , Texas and it's UIL is plain stupid to "classify" six man football anything than what it is , six man football, not class 1A. Progressives never cease to amaze me. Leave well enough alone.

I agree, it will always be Sixman football to those of us who have played it and those that love it. At the end of the day we are all still one big family of small towns who love our teams.

51eleven":20cahg6h said:
texmac68":20cahg6h said:
Who predicted this trouncing of May by Crowell that you speak of? I have not seen any of it.

They toy.

The games are played on the field and not on paper. I have tremendous respect for the toy. I also have tremendous respect for the May defense.
I saw it on the field last year and with the teams being so similarly constructed to last year's versions, Crowell by a bunch...but I do love the grinder mentality of the May team.

51eleven":irt1zrtm said:
texmac68":irt1zrtm said:
Who predicted this trouncing of May by Crowell that you speak of? I have not seen any of it.

They toy.

The toy is not a who, it is a program that predicted the demise of May and was wrong. I can only support my team so I try not to get caught up in predictions, but I know anything can happen once the game starts. The one thing I know is that at the end of the year, every team in D1 except one, will have there season end with a loss. I feel quit confident in predicting that every sixman D1 team sitting at home or in the stands would gladly trade places with May or Crowell and I will enjoy every minute of the day.

texmac68":2awv9it0 said:
I feel quit confident in predicting that every sixman D1 team sitting at home or in the stands would gladly trade places with May or Crowell and I will enjoy every minute of the day.

True

texmac68":2awv9it0 said:
The one thing I know is that at the end of the year, every team in D1 except one, will have there season end with a loss.

Not quite true

texmac68":1fide8eh said:
51eleven":1fide8eh said:
texmac68":1fide8eh said:

They toy.

The toy is not a who, it is a program that predicted the demise of May and was wrong.
It is a program that does not have complete data. It will be correct after all of the data is in. That being the final game of the final team.

It is a program that gives an output based on the input that is given. It does not factor in uncalculable variables. Such variables include injuries, determination, experience, desire, heart, a coaches gametime decisions, whether little johnny has a tummy ache, whether the weather plays a factor, a great pre game motivational speech, a great halftime motivational speech, etc.....
In other words, it didn't factor into account that May would play against Blum better than they have played all year. Had May played up to their potential all year, and not just 2 or 3 games, it would have been more accurate. But then again, incomplete data.

Oh, and just so you can't say nobody is predicting it. I'm predicting a trouncing of May by Crowell. I guess a lot of it depends on your definition of trouncing. I feel like Crowell will control the game, May will score some, but not enough, Crowell will have the opportunity and will probably take it, to put in some of their younger guys to let them also get the experience of playing at the spectacle. But I also feel like they will dominate the game and then when the smoke clears, they will be victorious by a score somewhere between 35 and 51. Note: Before you say anything about my bias, let me assure you that there is none, I would love to see May win, or even hang with Crowell, I'm tired of the West teams winning, or even worse, bragging about how oh so much better the west is than the east (for now). I just don't see it happening. But good luck anyway, either way, very proud of the May Tigers for finding their way back to the championship...... Surprise me, please. I'll gladly eat some crow.

Semi-related to this discussion....

Hey granger, what is the highest rating that the toy has ever put on a team (any year)?

After some of the comments I'd like to clarify I was not intentionally dissing May. Quite the opposite actually. If they can find a way to win, or make a game of it, it would only enhance the spechulashen that Strawn had a team that could have been playing for the Championship.
Also, if I've learned anything about football it's that in spite of rankings Anything is possible on the field.
The ball bounces the right/wrong way, the winds blow it (maybe not in Jerryworld), I've seen amazing upsets of odds before. Go Tigers.

Sneak Peak for Shane. Have you gotten to take your boy hunting this year? Butch's brother took a 14 pt buck off his place and 5 hogs. They trapped the hogs and brought home 91.50 apiece. 183.00 in all. Butch's blind is a hold up spot and the bucks not $$ are where the deer hang out. They are selling for .50 a lb now.

Zach stayed home this weekend to go out with his girlfriend. I had to go without him....

Mule%20Deer%20Hunt%202014-5116-M.jpg

Shane":18be50x7 said:
Zach stayed home this weekend to go out with his girlfriend. I had to go without him....

Mule%20Deer%20Hunt%202014-5116-M.jpg

Mamma Mia Dude. Any time the kid don't want to go huntin and you need a pard give me a call.

Man, my shoulders are so sore today I can barely lift my arms. I could only do one rope climb in the gym this morning and had to cut back on bench press weight too. After dragging that buck 1/2 mile Sunday morning, I'm pretty stove up. I had some help, but more would have been even better. LOL

Back