Speckulashen

My goodness Shane that's a big buck. I'm not even going to post the 14 pt. buck because yours put ours to shame. Congratulations!!! Your going to have enough venison to last you all year. Are you having any of it made into sausage? You'll have enough chili meat, chicken fries and stew to last a good long time. He's beautiful. His head needs to go to the taxidermy.

I had to go back and look. His hindquarters are wider than you with a lot of back strap. Are you having him processed or doing the processing yourself. Hopefully your taking him in because you will be sore another week.

Actually I donated this buck to Hunters For The Hungry. He'll feed a few needy families, hopefully. We have plenty in the freezer here already. I'd rather eat stuff like these that Zach shot last month anyway. Those old rutting bucks aren't as good as a nice doe or a turkey.

The buck's hide and antlers are at my taxidermist's shop already though. He's gonna look great in my office.

DSC_0093-M.jpg

DSC_0091-M.jpg

Our bucks are a little bit bigger and your right. The doe's are perfect eating and I have to commend you for your passion of helping others in need. Those people will be thanking you and the Lord for every bite they get to eat. Your a Godly man and you can tell by the pictures of you. Jesus shines through you. Congratulations to Zach. He did a good job/

HE does shine through you even times when you think he's not. Zach better pick him out a hunters wife. I have a feeling after the part of courting is over, it's on to hunting. His dads training on the way he should go. I hope he's a sharer like you. So many people are hungry even in our State of Texas. Proud of you both.

Shane":3qd4vyas said:
Man, my shoulders are so sore today I can barely lift my arms. I could only do one rope climb in the gym this morning and had to cut back on bench press weight too. After dragging that buck 1/2 mile Sunday morning, I'm pretty stove up. I had some help, but more would have been even better. LOL

After not working out regular and flying a desk for 10 years I couldn't have drug him a hundred yards.
Did not know they got that big in the panhandle area. Last time I personally saw anything close to it was as a kid in Colorado. Did you weigh him?

I didn't put him on a scale. I think he was around 250-275#. I've seen bigger. The biggest mule deer I've ever seen in person was about 10 years ago on a wheat field across the road from Caprock Canyons State Park. I grew up raising cattle, and I'm pretty decent at judging weight. That buck was easily 400#. Biggest rack I've ever seen too. At least 35" wide and massive. It was after the season ended, and I didn't have permission to hunt that ranch anyway. And I didn't have my camera with me. Watched him graze and check does for 30 minutes at about 50-75 yards the whole time. Monster deer.

Back