Special Ed

CT6MFL

11-man fan
Do we have any special education teachers here?

I'm looking for the State requirement for a Second language as it pertains to Dyslexia?

CT6MFL":3lejl2ur said:

I'm looking for the State requirement for a Second language as it pertains to Dyslexia?

I thought you meant that idiot troll Special Ed who fouled these parts occasionally back in 2004.....

CT6MFL":sds88tm6 said:

This is what I found out.... Probably doesn't answer your question fully:
dyslexia is a 504 qualification... Not so much special education
504 provides accommodations but
Won't get you out of a state credit requirement

Old Bearkat":2pcuyt9c said:
CT6MFL":2pcuyt9c said:

I thought you meant that idiot troll Special Ed who fouled these parts occasionally back in 2004.....

Wonder what happen to Special Ed?

silly mugs. lol

i did find an answer though.

there are 3 tiers for a high school diploma

1) Minimum requirements
2) Recommend requirments (most students)
3) AP

You have to ask and acknowledge for minimum requirements.
1) Child over the age of 16
2) Child failed 10th grade 1 or more times
3) cant remember
4) cant remember

minimum requirements has no reuirement for a second language.
there are draw backs though. entrance to college and possible military could be jeprodized.

ok only 3

#3) The student has completed at least two credits required for graduation in each subject of the
foundation curriculum under the Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.002(a)(1)

As I understand it, most Special Ed. students will go with the minimum requirements for graduation. Some can manage the regular recommended curriculum. The Dyslexia student can persue any route, but the advanced curriculum is probably not the best for most because of the amount of required reading. But with the available technology, it is not totally out of the question.

Back