Snapshot #

So far as I understand, Fruitvale going outlaw, TLC Midland, TLC Abilene, and Sterling City moving to 2A. High Island, and Menard moving to 1A, and Booker still undecided?

Anyone heard anything about Munday? A guy who's from there told me yesterday that they're playing six-man next year.

I visited with a guy during last years basketball season who was from Munday, He told me that their jr. high and grade school classes were so large that they would only be able to stay sixman for a couple of years. He didn't think it would be worth the change and that they would just take their lumps in eleven man. Maybe their attitude has changed.

I visited with a guy during last years basketball season who was from Munday, He told me that their jr. high and grade school classes were so large that they would only be able to stay sixman for a couple of years. He didn't think it would be worth the change and that they would just take their lumps in eleven man. Maybe their attitude has changed.
Tough situation for Munday. I remember Munday always had a good football tradition going for them then Goree(strong football tradition too) consolidated with Munday. Three state championships since 1984 for Munday and Goree had won state championships in eight man football(1972,1973) before consolidation may be whipping up on Ole Bearkat himself a time or two.

Back