Sixman trivia

oneday":1et2pvad said:
Cowboy - I pretty sure Blum is a no...

OBK - clarification please...L-A is a good example, do you take in to account when it was 2 schools, Lueders, and Avoca?

I've got to look at lonestar to check Blum. I'm torn on the merged schools, where they continue to use one school facilities. I consider WEllman-Union to be a continuation of Wellman, since they use Wellman's facilities, mascot and colors. L-A did keep a similar mascot (Raiders vs Lueders Pirates), but I don't know about the colors, etc.

Old Bearkat":37pwk41q said:
There are a couple of other new schools (in the last 6 years) too.
How much of a trivial challenge
is it to name schools
that just started playing FB?

(Bloomburg=BAM, I win)
jus sayin'.

Dogface":1mlrbcbm said:
Old Bearkat":1mlrbcbm said:
There are a couple of other new schools (in the last 6 years) too.
How much of a trivial challenge
is it to name schools
that just started playing FB?

(Bloomburg=BAM, I win)
jus sayin'.

Those are just the easy ones........

Billy D. passed about 3 to 4 days after our last game in Nov. 1972. Roddy was the Jr. High coach never helped Billy D. Coach Webb is the man who was helped Billy D. Beltran was # 21

CowboyP":3lp0d0nj said:
oneday":3lp0d0nj said:
Cowboy - I pretty sure Blum is a no...

OBK - clarification please...L-A is a good example, do you take in to account when it was 2 schools, Lueders, and Avoca?
I checked nearly every year of records for Blum (lonestarfootball) & I couldn't find a time they played anything other than six-man.

You're right on Blum. Nuttin' but 6 man since they started football in 1969.

Jonesboro 1949
Mullin 1950
Aquilla 1968
Blum 1969
Panther Creek 1986
Ft. Elliott 1996
Veribest 1996
Penelope first 1959-1962 again in 2000
Gold-Burg 2004
Avalon 2005
Forestburg 2007
Irving Universal 2008
Lingleville 1966-1967, then again in 2010
Bloomburg 2010
Lubbock Harmony 2010

OK. Here's another one.

What schools have never played 11 man, not including the ones already named as never left 6 man?

I do know that Tolar played Aquilla in 80 and 81. So Aquilla played at least two 11 man games. Tolar last played 6 man in mid 70's. Am certain about this.

Pretty sure that Blum was 11 man in one realignment in the mid to late 90's. It was the same realignment that Abbott was 11 man for two years.

rattlerfan88":itzii1j2 said:
I do know that Tolar played Aquilla in 80 and 81. So Aquilla played at least two 11 man games. Tolar last played 6 man in mid 70's. Am certain about this.

Pretty sure that Blum was 11 man in one realignment in the mid to late 90's. It was the same realignment that Abbott was 11 man for two years.
I guess I should have checked every year instead of almost every year...

Guys check Zephyr out. Unless they played some elevanman in the 40s, they started playing football and sixman at the same time in the late 70s.

OBK, are you looking for eightman to sixman? Or non-football schools. Priddy might need to be on a list somewhere, they played two years of sixman in the late 50's. As far as I know they never played any football before or after.

rattlerfan88":r5gzmuw9 said:

Yeah, several schools, Marathon for example, played some 11 man games here and there, but were never officially aligned to an 11 man district.

Back