Sixman trivia

CT6MFL":zo5e7mf1 said:
You guys must be sleeping.

They were the BUCK, SWEEP and PASS.

That's a little confusing....i would think those are the three base "plays" of the Y formation...not the three base "sets". I would like to see this "Y" formation.

I couldn't attach anymore, the board quota is full.

They're in my playbook that I try and keep alive. It’s a culmination of things from years gone by

Just a guess here...Five-in-One had to stop playing in six-man in 1940 because they had to many kids in the school and had to move up in classification and changed their name to Five-n-Dime

Just silly. haha

Five-in-one was slated to play in 1942 but pulled out due to financial reasons. They did play again in 1947, but I only found like 2 games.

The Vernon paper is where I found them. Some of OBKs missing scores are in there.

Speaking of five-in-one. How did the school get its name? I can only assume that it was 5 schools merged into 1.

Anyone know?

CT6MFL":2suh07jr said:
Just silly. haha

Five-in-one was slated to play in 1942 but pulled out due to financial reasons. They did play again in 1947, but I only found like 2 games.

The Vernon paper is where I found them. Some of OBKs missing scores are in there.

Speaking of five-in-one. How did the school get its name? I can only assume that it was 5 schools merged into 1.

Anyone know?

Leman had some info on that......

What six-man player went on to be the Head Coach of the Odessa Permian HS Basketball team?

Al Oglesby, 1975.
He played 3 years of basketball and 2 years of Football at Forsan. In 1955 he played in the Six-Man Coaches All-Star basketball game that was held in Beaumont.

The Odessa American, 22 Apr 1975

Back in the day when East Texas had almost as many 6 man schools as West and Central Texas did....
There were over 200 in 1955.

Back